剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
出自70年代女歌♥手海伦·瑞迪的女权主义名曲《我是女人》
希望明天仍会在教会见到你们
I sure hope we're still gonna see y'all in church tomorrow.
谢谢
Thank you. Um...
我会考虑的
I'll think about it.
小乔治和他的小女友还好吗
How's Georgie and his, uh, young lady friend?
很好 他们好得很
Great. They're great.
他们有改变计划 打算...结婚吗
Has anything changed vis-à-vis their... nuptials?
没有 孩子会是私生子
Nope. Baby's gonna be a bastard.
你就想说这个 对吗
That's what you're implying, isn't it?
我是不喜欢用这个字眼啦
Not a word I like to use.
但最重要的是 孩子会是个快乐健康的...
But, most important, a happy, healthy...
私生子
Bastard.
就你刚说的那个词
What you said.
晚安 牧师
Good night, Pastor.
上帝保佑
God bless.
干嘛
Yeah?
我睡不着
I can't sleep.
我也是
Me neither.
曼蒂这件事真是一团乱
This whole Mandy thing is a mess.
如果你是指命名法 我同意
If you mean the nomenclature, I agree.
哪个明明
Norman who?
命名法 就是为事物构想
Nomenclature-- the system of devising
或选择名字的方法
or choosing names for things.
比如说 假如曼蒂和小乔治结婚了
For example, if Mandy and Georgie were married,
她就会成为我们的大嫂
she'd be our sister-in-law.
但他们没要结婚
But they're not.
没错
Exactly.
所以我们要给未来侄子或侄女的未婚母亲
So we need a term for the unmarried mother
取个称呼
of our future niece or nephew.
就叫"曼蒂"怎么样
How 'bout "Mandy"?
跟上我的节奏 如果我们知道孩子是男孩
Follow me-- if we knew the sex of the baby and it was a boy,
也许可以管曼蒂叫"侄子♥宫♥"
I was thinking we could call Mandy "Nephewterus,"
因为她的子♥宫♥会孕育出一个侄子
because she'd be having a nephew in her uterus.
但是"侄女宫"听起来又不顺耳
However, "Nieceuterus" just doesn't hit the ear right.
我还是觉得叫"曼蒂"就好
I still think "Mandy" works.
有一个中性词
Now, there is a gender-neutral term
是由语言学家萨缪尔·马丁于1950年代创造的
coined by linguist Samuel Martin in the 1950s,
将侄子侄女的"侄"字
which takes the "N" from "Niece" or "Nephew"
与"手足"结合得出"侄手足"
with "Sibling" to get "Nibling."
所以她会是我们的"侄手足"吗
So she'd be our nibling?
不 孩子才是我们的侄手足
No, the baby's the nibling.
曼蒂不是侄手足妈就是侄手足爸
Mandy would be either the niblingess or the niblinger.
又或者背离我们的传统德语后缀
Or, in a swerve from our traditional German suffixes,
叫她"侄手足家长"
"Niblingo."
就这个了
That one.
没错 这个赢了
Oh, yeah, that one's the winner.
遗憾的是 "侄手足家长"没流行起来
Sadly, "niblingo" never quite caught on.
但那阻止不了我在玩拼字游戏时用这个词
But that doesn't stop me from using it in Scrabble.
我今年圣诞贺卡的封面就是这个了
This is gonna be my Christmas card.
搞什么
What the hell?
你怎么会在这
What are you doing here?
我来拯救你
I'm saving ya.
你以为我手边有那么多现金吗
You think I got that kind of cash lying around?
他没有 所以我来拯救你
He doesn't. That's why I'm saving you.
真不爽
Well, damn.
-小乔治 快起来 -再睡五分钟
- Georgie, come on. - Five more minutes.
立刻给我起来
Now!
好啦 好啦
Okay! Okay.
交完罚款了 我们走吧
Fine's paid. Let's go.
我真的很抱歉 老爸
I'm really sorry about this, Dad.
我们到车上再聊
We'll talk about it in the car.
只剩下你我二人了
Well, it's just you and me.
好棒哦
Great.
那可不 毕竟是老子拯救了你
Yeah, it is. 'Cause I'm saving ya.
我知道我闯祸了
I know I messed up.
我会还钱给你的
And I'm gonna pay you back.
一分不少
Every penny.
你知道我这么做是为了孩子吧
You get that I was doing this for the baby, right?
我知道
I do.
你仔细想想
Which, when you think about it,
也许这值得你为我感到骄傲哦
could be a reason to be proud of me.
花点时间 考虑一下嘛
Take some time. Think about it.
我把照片冲洗出来后 你想要一份吗
When I get the pictures developed, you want copies?
不想
No.
蹲大牢让你很暴躁啊
Jail's made you cranky.
某人还没说"谢谢"哦
Still haven't heard "thank you."
谢你全家
Thank you.
你虽然说了
Those are the words, but...
但没有投入感情
just not feeling it.
我很累
I'm tired.
很酸痛 觉得很丢脸
I'm sore. I'm embarrassed.
拜托你
Could we just...
现在别烦我 行吗
please not?
对不起
Sorry.
你在狱中有没有被迫加入帮派
Did you have to join any gangs when you were in there?
我能问你个问题吗
Can I ask you something?
什么
What?
妈妈怀上我时你害怕吗
Were you scared when Mom got pregnant with me?
我快吓死了
I was terrified.
为什么问 你害怕吗
Why? You scared?
是的
Yeah.
很好
Good.
要是不怕你就是大傻子
You'd be a fool if you weren't.
我不知道自己在干什么
I don't know what I'm doing.
我不知道我被寄予什么期望
I don't know what's expected of me.
至少你和老妈结婚了 夫妻同心
At least you and Mom got married and were a team.
你确实比我更艰难
Yeah, you got it rougher than me.
害怕的感觉有一天会消失吗
Does it ever stop being scary?
我接到墨西哥边境的来电 说我儿子在监狱里
I got a call from the Mexican border that my son was in jail.
你说呢
What do you think?
有道理
Fair point.
抱歉
Sorry.
不全是害怕 也有快乐的部分
It's not all scary. There's fun parts.
比如呢
Like what?
我们去过一次海边 挺开心的
We went to the beach once. That wasn't bad.
不管怎样 这事都要发生了
Well, regardless, it's happening.
我要当爸爸了
I'm gonna be a dad.
没错
Yes, you are.
希望我能成为像你一样棒的爸爸
I hope I'm as good a dad as you are.
别拍我的马屁
Don't try to butter me up.
-被你识破了哈 -无情识破了
- You saw that, huh? - Yeah, I saw it.
你真的好聪明
Boy, you are smart.
跟你说清楚 我会把罚金全部还给你的
Just to be clear, I'm gonna pay you back every cent.
别操心钱的事了
Ah. Don't worry about it.
-我就是在操心 -这样吧
- I am worrying about it. - Well,
把这笔钱当做礼物好了
think of the money as a gift.
我会一直用来提醒你欠了我
That I'm gonna be holding over your head.
这招对我没用
Well, that doesn't work for me.
要不这样
How 'bout...
等我们回家后
when we get home...
我补偿你
I make it up to ya?
等一下 你想...
Now, hold on. You want to...
你想靠滚一次床单就免除掉两千五的债吗
you want to wipe out a $2,500 debt with one roll in the hay?
你意思是我不值这个价吗
Are you saying I'm not worth it?
我意思是这是一大笔钱
I'm saying it's a lot of money.
算了 当我没提
Never mind. Offer's off the table.
不不不 等一下 别着急
No, no, no, wait a minute. Hang on.
太迟了 来不及了
Too late. Too late.
我在想比较公平合理的价格是
Hey, I was thinking a fair price would be...
一次五百
$500 a roll.
女孩子最喜欢听这种甜言蜜语了呢
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表