Fools Gold" by The Stone Roses playing]
# The gold road's sure a long road #
# 金色大道当然是一条漫长的道路 #
# Winds on through the hills for fifteen days #
#风穿过群山不停吹拂已经十五天 #
# The pack on my back is aching #
# 背上的行李让我一阵疼痛 #
# The pack on my back is aching #
# 背上的行李让我一阵疼痛 #
- [young man] Hey! - Hey you.
- 嘿!- 嘿 你
- How are we, mate? - Good, mate.
- 怎样啊 兄弟?- 挺好的 兄弟
- You took your time. - I know, I know.
你可算来了 - 我知道 我知道
I'm just gonna stick a tape on, alright? Go for it.
我只是要放一张磁带 好吗?来吧
- Grab a beer, man. - Yeah, I will do.
- 去拿瓶啤酒 伙计 - 好嘞 我会的
Fools Gold" still playing]
- [people jeering] - Oh, come on, man
- 哦 拜托 兄弟
Two seconds. Sorry, sorry.
就两秒 抱歉 抱歉
Home Is The Range" by The Comsat Angels playing]
Hi, Daniel.
嗨 丹尼尔
Mandy... How's school? How's things?
曼迪…学校怎么样?近况如何?
Yeah, good.
嗯 还行
School's so boring.
学校太无聊了
[Mandy] Our Sandra got a job in the bookies
我们家桑德拉在博♥彩♥店找了份工作
and she's getting two pound an hour.
她每小时能赚两英镑
Why do me A-Levels when I can earn a few bob
干嘛还要去考A级证书啊 我出去就能挣点小钱
and be out every weekend?
还能每个周末都出去玩
What do you think?
你怎么看?
Daniel?
丹尼尔?
Hey? Eh, yeah... Yeah.
嗨?嗯 是的... 说的对
[Mandy] 'Spose it's harder for lads.
男孩子可能更难些吧
But my brother got a job night-packing
不过我哥哥找了份夜班理货的工作
in that new supermarket up Charlotte Road.
在夏洛特路那家新开的超♥市♥
- Who's that? - Who?
那是谁?- 谁?
[Mandy] Oh, her.
噢 她啊
Nobody... Alison something.
无名小卒...艾莉森什么的
[Mandy] A year below us.
比我们低一年级
Okay, keep your knickers on.
好了 别着急
[Dan] Excuse me.
我先离开一会
Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order playing]
# Every time I think of you #
# 每次我只要一想起你 #
# I feel shot right through With a bolt of blue #
# 我便立刻身陷浓烈忧郁 #
# It's no problem of mine But it's a problem I find... #
# 虽然不算什么问题 却也不容忽视回避 #
I'm Daniel O'Toole.
我是丹尼尔·奥图尔
I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
- What's your name? - Alison Connor.
- 你叫什么名字? - 艾莉森·康纳
Want to dance, Alison Connor?
想跳舞吗 艾莉森·康纳?
I'm about to leave.
我正要走呢
One dance.
就跳一支舞
And I'll walk you home.
然后我送你回家
One dance but you won't be walking me home.
就一支舞 但你别想送我回家
Bizarre Love Triangle" instrumental break]
# Every time I see you falling # [music distorts and fades]
# 每回见你沉沦坠落 #
Fluorescent Adolescent" by Arctic Monkeys playing]
# Weren't as daft as they seem As daft as they seem #
# 他们并非看似那般愚笨 #
# My love when you dream them up #
# 亲爱的 当你幻想着美梦 #
# Flicking through a little book of sex tips #
# 翻阅着一本小小的性♥爱♥秘籍 #
# Remember when the boys were all electric? #
# 还记得男孩们都激♥情♥似火的时光吗? #
# Now when she's told she's gonna get it #
# 如今当她被告知即将得偿所愿 #
# I'm guessing that she'd rather just forget it #
# 我猜她宁愿就此忘却一切 #
# Clingin' 'til I'm gettin' sentimental #
# 紧紧相拥 直至我变得多愁善感 #
# Said she wasn't going but she went still #
# 她说她不走了 可最后还是离开了 #
# Likes just a minute to be gentle #
# 只需要片刻的温柔相待 #
# Was it a Mecca dobber or a betting pencil? #
# 是麦加标记笔还是投♥注♥铅笔? #
# Oh the boy's a slag The best you ever had #
# 那男孩是个浪荡子 却是你曾拥有过的至爱 #
# The best you ever had #
# 你曾经拥有的最好东西 #
# Is just a memory and those dreams #
# 只是一段记忆和幻梦 #
# Weren't as daft as they seem As daft as they seem #
# 他们并非看似那般愚笨 看似那般愚笨 #
- Can I get another one? - Okay.
- 能再给我来一杯吗? - 好的
You're Dan O'Toole.
你是丹·奥图尔
[Dan] I am, mate. Yeah. Yeah.
[丹] 没错 兄弟 对 对
I read all your stuff in NME.
我读了你在《新音乐快递》上发表的所有文章
Inspired me to get into the industry.
它们激励我投身这个行业
Oh right...
哦 这样啊
The band are shit, aren't they?
这乐队挺烂的 对吧?
I don't know...
我不知道...
No, I ah, I think they got what it takes
不 呃 我觉得他们有能力
to put this city back on the map.
让这座城市重新声名远扬
And I'm about to send 500 words to that effect
我正打算写500字左右的文章表达这个观点
into Rolling Stone.
然后发给《滚石》杂♥志♥
No. Yeah, yeah.
不 嗯 对对对
No, I was going to say they could probably go that way.
我本来也想说他们或许能走上正轨
- Nice to meet you. - Yeah, you too, mate.
很高兴认识你 - 我也是 兄弟
- Alright, look after yourself. - Alright. Yeah.
- 照顾好自己 - 好的 嗯
Fucking liar.
你真是满嘴跑火车
[woman] Wow! Dan!? Duncan's here with the takeaway.
哇!丹?!邓肯带着外卖♥♥来了
[woman] Yeah, he's taking it pretty hard.
嗯 他挺难过的
Alex just left on the train this morning.
亚历克斯今天早上坐火车走了
Eighteen and off to uni.
十八岁 去上大学
Christ!
天啊!
I remember when Alex were born.
我还记得亚历克斯刚出生的时候
Hard to believe he's out in world on his own now.
真不敢相信他现在独自闯荡世界去了
[woman] I remember when he was born -
我记得他出生的时候
22 bloody hours trying to push this melon head out of my body.
我花了整整22个小时才把这个大脑袋瓜从我的身体里挤出来
That's it, alright. You'll put him off his dinner.
行了行了 你会让他没胃口吃饭的
[Duncan] Aww, physics.
哎呀 物理学
Don't know where he gets it from.
真不知道他这脑子随谁
Must be his real Dad, eh?
肯定是随他亲爹 是吧?
Ah, yeah. Oh fuck you. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.
啊 对 去你的吧 去你的
I was smart. Anyway I was smart enough to know
我以前也挺聪明的 总之我足够聪明
school was for knobheads.
知道上学是傻子才干的事
Pair of knobheads, the both of you.
你们俩都是大傻子
Anyway, look, I've a, I've an idea that I want to pitch you,
听着 我有个想法想跟你们提一提
but we'll talk about it later.
但我们待会儿再聊
- Sure, I'm intrigued. - Alright.
行啊 我有点好奇了 - 好的
Hey, got a couple of snappy thrillers in car for you, Katja.
嘿 我车上有几本精彩的惊悚小说带给你 卡佳
Oh, wonderful. Thank you so much.
哦 太棒了 非常感谢
- Alright. - It still amazes me though,
- 不客气 - 不过我还是很惊讶
that you actually work in publishing.
你居然真的在出版行业工作
Why?
为什么?
Maybe because you literally skipped every English class.
可能因为你以前每节英语课都逃
Wrong use of 'literally'.
“literally”错误使用
Ah, you can literally fuck off.
哎呀 你给我滚蛋吧
Alright anyway, cheers you lot.
无论如何 各位干杯
- Oh, cheers. - Cheers.
哦 干杯 - 干杯
[all] Eyes and eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes.
看着彼此 看着彼此
That's not bad, that.
这酒还不错
Right, let's see what we're working with here, Kat.
好了 看看我们这有什么好吃的 凯特
[Duncan] It smells delicious, don't it?
闻着挺香的 不是吗?
Dan, please turn it down a bit. I can't hear myself think.
丹 把音量关小点 我都听不见我说话了
[Duncan] That reminds me.
这倒提醒我了
I saved an article for you, mate.
我给你留了篇文章 兄弟
[Daniel] Oh yeah?
噢 是吗?
Total blast from past. You won't believe it.
绝对勾起往日回忆 你肯定没想到
Pinging you now, before I forget.
现在发给你 免得我忘了
So did you order...
所以 你点...
Prize" by Kitchens of Distinction playing]
# Because behind them there's the implication #
# 因为在他们背后 有着某种暗示 #
# The pub is burning down #
# 酒吧正在熊熊燃烧 #
# So do I get a prize #
# 所以我也能得到奖品吗 #
# Do I get a prize #
# 我能得到奖赏吗 #
# Do I get a prize for remembering that first time #
# 我还记得第一次的时光 能得到奖赏吗 #
# Do I get a prize... #
# 我能得到奖赏吗... #
married to Michael...
与迈克尔结婚...
mother to Thea and Stella... living in Sydney...
是西娅和史黛拉的母亲…住在悉尼…
[radio announcer] Welcome to 984 in the mornings,
欢迎收听984电台早间节目
and I'm here with Alison Connor talking about her new novel,
今天请到了艾莉森·康纳 我们来聊一聊她的新小说
"Tell The Story".
《叙说故事》
So Alison, straight to number one on the bestseller list,