剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
我们吃饭吧
Let's eat.
我已经在吃了 人生苦短
I'm already eating. Life is too short.
我想我解释过 我为什么想让他参加
I thought I explained why I wanted him in that camp.
我知道 但是 亲爱的
I-I know, but, honey,
我觉得他们教的内容不正确
I thought what they were teaching was wrong.
好 但我们的孩子没有权力挑选
Okay, but our kids don't have the privilege of picking and choosing
他们喜欢或不喜欢什么规则
what rules they like or don't like.
我知道 但我们应该教他们如何争取...
Yeah, I know, but we should teach them how to fight --
当然 但我们也应该教他们怎样才能平安
Of course. But we should also be teaching them how to be safe.
但肯定有更好的办法
But there -- there -- there has to be a better way.
如果你有的话 我很想听听
If you have one, I'd love to hear it.
首先
Well, for starters,
我们可以让儿子远离警♥察♥
we could keep our son away from the cops.
黑人是不可能的
You know that's impossible when you look like us.
有时警♥察♥就是会过来打个招呼
Sometimes the cops pop over to say hi.
别居高临下了
Stop being condescending.
我当然知道...
I-I -- Of course I know --
你可能表面上理解
You might know it intellectually,
但你永远不会知道
but you will never know how it feels
即使每件事都做对了
to do everything right
别人还是只看到你的肤色
and still be seen as nothing more
这是什么感受
than the color of your skin,
所以我才决定要怎样保护我们黑人孩子
which is why I decide how to protect our black kids.
我知道你不是在说...
No, I know you're not saying --
在这件事上我可能比你知道的多一点
That I might know a little bit more than you about this?
-所以我来处理 -不行
- So let me handle it. - No. No way.
如果我有不懂的地方 那就教我
If I don't understand something, then teach me.
但你不能让我不管我的儿子
But you don't get to tell me not to parent my son.
保罗 我不可能让...
Paul, there is no way I'm --
对不起
I-I'm sorry!
对不起 我不应该想去警♥察♥学习营的
I'm sorry I wanted to go to Cop Camp.
别吵了
Just stop fighting.
我说过我今天差点被撞死了吗
Did I mention I almost got killed today?
我们可以聊聊吗
Can we talk?
当然
Of course.
我今晚被警♥察♥拦下了
I got pulled over tonight.
什么
What?
你没事吧
Are you okay?
现在没事了
I am now.
就是例行的停车检查
It was just a routine traffic stop.
但警笛响起时 我全身都会紧张
But when those sirens came on, my body tensed up.
我开始出汗
I started sweating.
我紧握住方向盘
I gripped the steering wheel so tight,
我能感觉到自己的指甲都快抠进手掌里了
I could feel my nails digging into my palms.
我不想让约翰经历这些
I don't want Johan to ever go through that.
我也不想
Neither do I.
那我们怎么在不向他隐瞒真♥相♥的同时
So how do we protect him from that
又能够保护他呢
while also not hiding him from the truth?
我们可以直接把孩子送给别人领养
You know, we -- we could just put the kids up for adoption.
那样就轻松多了
Life would be so much easier.
离约翰16岁还有1♥8♥9♥3天
There are 1,893 days before Johan turns 16.
在他能开车上路之前 我们只有这么多时间了
That's how long we have before he's driving on the road.
说实话 这让我很害怕
And honestly, it scares me.
我也是
It scares me, too.
那我们怎么办
So, what do we do?
最好的办法可能是把能做的都做了
Well, maybe the best thing for us to do is everything.
让约翰追寻梦想
Let Johan follow his dreams
同时也能享受在学习营里和警官在一起的时光
and enjoy his time with the officers at camp,
还得确保他不会对世界抱有太天真的幻想
but also make sure that he's not naive to the world.
还要祈祷
And pray.
我们总能祈祷
We can always pray.
沃尔特·蒙代尔学校
在我差点让妹妹丧命之后
After I almost let my sister die,
我发现自己得成为更好的安全巡查员
I saw that I really needed to be a better safety.
不许动
Freeze!
你好啊 清流姐
Hey, Freshquire.
这活儿你行 你胳膊细
You can do this. You have skinny arms.
没错 看看你能不能把手伸进去拿瓶百事可乐出来
Yeah, see if you can reach up and grab a Pepsi.
不行 规则是有理可寻的
No, there are rules for a reason,
我的职责就是执行规则
and it's my job to enforce them.
等等 你是认真的
Wait, you're being serious?
从现在开始 我只会认真
From now on, I'm only serious.
清流姐从此消失
Freshquire has left the building.
虽然这是陈词滥调 但我还是知道了
I learned that, as cliché as it is,
能力越大 责任就越大
with great power comes great responsibility --
这种责任大过任何头衔
a responsibility greater than any title.
亲爱的 我们能谈谈吗
Hey, sweetie. Can we talk?
我知道你生我们气了
I know you're mad at us.
我们理解
We get it.
我没有生气
I'm not mad.
这叫警♥察♥的沉默守则
It's called the police code of silence.
该死 我打破守则了
Shoot. I just broke it.
我知道我应该支持你想做的事
I know I should've been supportive in something that you wanted to do.
我知道我说过 警♥察♥都是坏人
And I know I said that all cops were bad,
但也许我之前做的
but maybe I was doing the thing
正是我曾经不让你们做的事
that I've always taught you guys not to do --
对他人产生成见
stereotyping people.
如果我当警♥察♥ 你不会生气吗
So you wouldn't be mad if I became a cop?
伙计
Oh, buddy,
我很希望别人走到我面前告诉我
I would love to have people come up to me and say,
"我刚刚遇见了一个很酷的警♥察♥"
"I just met a really cool cop!"
然后我会说 "我打赌那是我儿子
And I'd say, "I bet he was my son.
他赤脚吗"
Was he barefoot?"
你一定能成为一名很棒的警♥察♥
You'd be an amazing cop.
只要你向我们保证 当你拿到警徽
You just have to promise us when you get your badge,
你还是那个充满热情 关心他人的小伙子
you'll stay the same compassionate, caring young man
就像你现在一样
we're talking to right now.
我保证
I promise.
那就好
That's good.
因为不幸的是 不是所有的警♥察♥都是这样
Because unfortunately, not all of them are.
这件事我们要好好谈谈
And that's something we need to talk about.
虽然警♥察♥有责任
And while the cops have a responsibility
维护♥法♥律 秉公执法
to uphold the law and apply it without bias,
父母不能只依赖于此
parents can't just rely on that.
特别是身处美国 还有一个黑人孩子
Not when they're raising a black boy in America.
我知道 因为我有三个黑人孩子
I know because I have three.
我就是那些每天祈祷
I'm one of many mothers that pray every day
不会接到噩耗电♥话♥的母亲之一
that we never get that dreaded call.
虽然约翰最终没有成为警♥察♥
Even though Johan didn't end up becoming a police officer,
他成了体制内更需要的人
he's what the system needs more of.
然而还是有很多警♥察♥
And there are those cops out there.
重视人命的警♥察♥
Cops who value human life,
不仅仅是白人的生命
not just white human life.
也有很多警♥察♥认识到了改变的重要性
And there are cops who recognize the need for change
而最终成就了我们所需要的改变
and become the change we need.
各位
Hey, fellas.
我做了点小东西
I put together a little something
来感谢你们的辛勤工作
to thank you for all your hard work.
我也是穿制♥服♥的女人
I'm also a woman in uniform.
丹尼斯的制♥服♥主题日历
"我爱管闲事 不过是有趣的那种"
"I'm nosey, but in a fun way."
"小小的混乱 我才不怕"
"I'm not afraid of a little mess."
"我喜欢动手"
"I like to be hands on."
"准备好迎接颠簸吧"
"Get ready for some turbulence."
"就在这一刻 我被辞退了"
"It was at this point I was asked to leave my job."
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表