剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
她们选择我只是因为我的肤色
They only chose me for my color.
我以为我能向她们证明 大家都一样
I thought I could show them that everyone was the same,
但她们说
but then they said...
她们希望所有的黑人女孩都像我
that they wish all black girls were like me.
宝贝 我知道那种感觉
Sweetie, I know what that's like.
我每天上班都会有这种感觉
I go through something like that almost every day at work.
那你怎么办
What do you do?
我让他们知道
I make sure they know
他们这样是出于无知和恐惧
that they're just talking out of ignorance or fear.
当这种事发生的时候
Look, anytime something like that happens,
是因为人们对未知的事的恐惧
it's because people are afraid of what they don't know.
人们在喜欢自己的人中间待着才有安全感
People feel safer around other people who are like them.
但你知道吗
But you know what?
你想向她们展示
I am so proud
我们大家都一样 我很骄傲
that you tried to show them we're all the same.
但我什么都没说 只是站在那里
But I didn't say anything. I just stood there.
我并不是任何时候都有勇气说点什么
I didn't always have the confidence to say something.
这是需要时间的
That comes with time.
时机合适的时候 你就知道该说什么了
And when the time is right, you'll know what to say.
希望如此
I hope so.
肯定会的
I know so.
睡吧
Go to bed!
我爱你
I love you.
爱你
Love you.
我呼吸的时候能听到咯咯笑声
I hear gurgling when I breathe.
你伤得没那么重
You're not hurt that badly.
我觉得我今夜无眠
I don't think I should fall asleep tonight.
你的脾脏有多重要
How important is your spleen?
我今晚和蕾恩鲍聊过了
I talked to Rainbow tonight.
她还好吗
She all right?
她挺好的
She's good.
多亏了我
Thanks to me.
我给了她一些建议
I gave her some great advice
关于无知和非理性恐惧
about ignorance and irrational fear
不要让这些决定你的生活方式
and not letting them determine how you live your life.
真的很机智
Brilliant, really.
听起来确实很机智
Wow. That does sound brilliant.
你不接受自己提出的建议 可有点奇怪
It's kind of weird that you don't take your own advice.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
让恐惧控制你的生活
Letting fear control your life?
你对待孩子们"不给糖就捣蛋"的态度
Isn't that what you're doing
不正是这样吗
with the kids and trick-or-treating?
不 完全不一样
No! It's totally different.
还是有点区别的
It's a little different.
亲爱的 我当然想让孩子们平安
Honey, I totally get wanting to keep the kids safe,
但我们都让圣莫开拖拉机了
but we let Santi drive a tractor.
我觉得现在是时候
I think this is one of those times
我们该放手 让他们像孩子们一样
we just have to let go a little and let them be kids.
像他们的朋友一样
Like their friends, you know,
这样没人会觉得他们是怪胎
so no one thinks that they're freaks.
约翰 圣莫 我们要去玩"不给糖就捣蛋"了
Johan! Santi! We're going trick-or-treating!
-太好了 -老妈是最棒的
- Yeah! - Mommy, you're the best!
-我爱你 -你太棒了
- I love you! I love you! Yay! - Yeah! You're awesome!
这可真是公平
Yeah, this seems fair.
你太漂亮了
You look amazing!
我们肯定会赢
We're so gonna win.
你准备好了吗
Are you ready to go?
准备好了
Yeah.
说真的 我演不了图蒂
Actually, I can't be Tootie.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
很难解释勇气是什么感觉
It's hard to explain what courage feels like,
但妈妈是对的
but Mom was right.
当我准备好的时候
When I was ready,
那些话已经到嘴边了
the words were right there waiting for me.
和你们在一起我很开心
I was so excited to hang with you guys.
但昨天 当你说你希望
But yesterday, when you said you wished
所有的黑人女孩都像我
all the black girls at school were like me?
一点也不好
Not cool.
你认为我与众不同
You only think I'm different
只是因为你没跟其他人说过话
because you never even talk to the rest of them.
如果你觉得了解他们是在浪费时间
So if you don't think it's worth the time to get to know them,
那你们就得另请高明了
then you'll have to find another Tootie.
就是现在
There it was...
我第一次要求被看作是一个人
my first time demanding to be seen as a person,
而不是肤色
not a color.
这可能是我最骄傲的时刻
It may have been my proudest moment.
借光
Now excuse me.
但也是我第一次穿溜冰鞋
But it was also my first time on roller skates.
但我最终学会的
But what I ultimately learned
是不让自己被标签所定义
was to not let myself be defined by labels
而我做真实的自己
and instead just be true to myself...
展示出自己的每一面
every part of myself.
抱歉我把你融入大家的机会毁了
Sorry if I ruined our chances of fitting in.
没事 我们还会有很多机会
It's fine. We'll have plenty more chances.
我们马上就有胸了
We're gonna have boobs soon.
归根结底 人们选择"标志"
When it comes down to it, people pick tokens
是因为他们不想跨出自己的舒适区
because they don't want to step outside their comfort zones.
他们害怕陌生
They fear the unfamiliar.
但那一年 我意识到
But that year, I realized
人们对你的想象只是...
people's assumptions about you are just that...
想象
assumptions.
社区里的某个家庭你觉得很奇怪
The family in the neighborhood you think is weird?
他们其实挺好的
They actually might be pretty cool.
不给糖就捣蛋
Trick or treat!
我是个有新态度的女人
Hey! I'm a woman with a new attitude.
我是帕蒂·拉贝尔[歌♥手]You know I'm Patti LaBelle.
你因为肤色选择的那个女孩
The girl you chose for her color
如果给她个机会 你们或许能做朋友
might actually be a friend if you give her a chance.
1985年的万圣节
Halloween 1985
是我第一次站出来
will always stand out as the first time
试图改变别人对我的看法
I tried to change how others saw me.
但我发现那一年最重要的事
But I realized that year that the most important thing
是我如何看待自己
was how I saw myself.
我一直在想"标志"
Hey, I've been thinking a lot about that whole token,
"安全" "黑人"的事
safe black person thing,
我理解你所说的了
and I-I think I get what you're saying.
我不觉得你理解了
I'm not sure you do.
我很善于鉴别他人的性格
No, no, I'm a great judge of character.
均为黑人
艾克·特纳[演员] 安全
Um, Ike Turner... safe.
迈克·泰森[拳王] 安全
Mike Tyson... safe.
鲍比·布朗[说唱歌♥手] 安全
Bobby Brown... safe.
我现在有空
Hi. Yes, I can talk now.
最后一个
Last one...
比尔·科斯比[演员] 安全
Bill Cosby... safe.
前美式橄榄球运动员 杀妻案因警方失误 辛普森被无罪释放
别忘了"果汁先生" O·J·辛普森
Can't forget "The Juice," O.J. Simpson...
绝对安全
safe as you get.
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表