剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
You're definitely gonna hear some yelling.
但这只是曲棍球
But that's just hockey.
比赛进行中 你们想说什么就说什么
You're free to say or do whatever you want
想做什么就做什么
while the game is on.
拜托 裁判 这是他妈什么他妈意思
Oh, come on, fef! What the hell was that?!
打高角啊 你♥他♥妈♥的...
Call the high stick, you...!
说脏话被逮到就要往脏话罐里投钱
看来有人要往脏话罐里投钱了
Looks like somebody has to put a turnip in the swear jar.
不 就像我说的 今天没有脏话
No, it's like I said... there's no bad words today.
真的吗 没有
Really, none?
是的 在比赛进行中
Yeah, when... when the game is on,
你们想说什么就说什么
you're free to say whatever you want.
来吧 试一试
Go ahead, give it a shot.
薄饼
Pancakes!
你会找到窍门的
You'll get the hang of it.
我认为是像这样
I think it's like this.
冻薄饼
Frosted pancakes!
你一直是我最喜欢的孩子
You've always been my favorite.
弹到了...
Flips out to...
好球
Yes!
我跟你说了 别看着我
All right, I told you, stop looking at me.
你很奇怪
You're making it weird.
我应该怎么填原籍国
So, what should I put for country of origin?
-非洲 -田纳西州
- Africa. - Tennessee.
田纳西州不是一个国家
Tennessee is not a country.
非洲也不是啊
Neither is Africa...
更重要的是 你从没去过那里
More important, you've never been there.
但我们是从那里来的
But that's where we're from.
虽然我们被迫离开 但我们有雄厚的文化
We had a rich culture we were forced to leave behind.
人们眼中的非洲
People try to make it seem like Africa
都是丛林和小屋
is all jungles and huts...
你忘了饥荒和疾病
You forget famine and disease.
但真♥相♥是 在非洲 我们是女王和国王
But the truth is, in Africa, we were queens and kings.
所以我在非洲会是一名公主吗
So I'd be a princess in Africa?
孩子 不 那是唯一一个
Girl, no. That's the one place
浅肤色的人不占优势的地方
light-skinned folks don't win.
所以我会是什么
So what would I be?
你会希望你还在田纳西州
You'd be wishing you was back in Tennessee.
但是看这些
But look at these.
这些是美国的国王和女王
These are the kings and queens of America.
你有王子
You got Prince.
你有埃迪·墨菲
You got Eddie Murphy.
你有《227》的演员们
You got the cast of "227".
《227》 1985-1990年的一部黑人电视剧
但我们也有海尔·塞拉西一世
Yeah, but we also have Haile Selassie.
埃塞俄比亚帝国末代皇帝 摄政王
如果你想展示我们真正的文化 就用这些杂♥志♥
Use these magazines if you want to show our real culture.
但你展示完之后 我得还给理发店
But I will need to return these to the salon once we are done.
黑人交易
Black businesses.
-你不需要这个 -你需要
- You don't need this - I mean, you do,
-你也不需要这个 -因为这是你的
- and you don't need this. - because this is your
-我不知道这些人是谁 -很好很好
- I don't know who these people are.- - great-great-great-great
丹丹姨妈
Aunt Dee.
-这些是随机挑选的非洲人 -她会在...
- These are random Africans. - She would be around...
黑人文化丰富多彩
Black culture is rich and vibrant,
但如果你问十个人这是什么
but if you ask 10 different people what it is,
你会得到十种不同的回答
you'll get 10 different answers.
我们有了一些迷惑
And that was starting to get a little confusing.
等一下
Wait, stop.
"朱博士"是真的博士吗
Is this Dr. J even a real doctor?
朱利叶斯·欧文 NBA球星
当然不是
Of course not.
我们在聊出类拔萃的人物
And how is "Dr. J" Even part of the conversation
为什么聊到了"朱博士"
about our best and brightest?
我猜你从没见过他穿短裤
I guess you've never seen him wear shorts.
他的短裤有什么特别的
What's so special about his shorts?
-姑娘 -没什么
- Girl... - Nothing.
由蕾恩鲍决定吧
You know what? Rainbow can decide.
你的板子上是想放上
Would you like to fill up your board
你的姨妈从杂♥志♥和电视上学来的
with what your aunt learned in magazines and TV,
还是想放上你妈妈从书本上
or would you like to use what your mom learned
和学校里学来的
from books and college?
说实话 我有点困惑
Honestly, I'm just confused.
尽管文化应该将我们紧密相连
Even though culture was supposed to bring us together,
但好像它在分♥裂♥我们
it was starting to tear us apart.
我们得给她展示黑人是什么
We need to show her what blackness is.
这样她就能选出最喜欢的了
Then she can choose what she likes best.
好吧 但这不是比赛
Okay. But this is not a competition.
当然不是
Definitely not.
-好吧 -好的
- Okay. - Okay.
但我不能说谎...
But I can't lie...
"朱博士"正穿着短裤
Dr. J is working those shorts.
-我想告诉你的 -你说了
- I tried to tell you. - You did.
辣椒炖鱼肉饭 馥馥白糕 瓜子
Jollof rice, fufu, egusi.
我们还是非洲的国王和女王的时候
This is how we ate in our natural state,
就是这么吃东西的
when we were kings and queens in Africa.
非洲人还吃这些吗
Do Africans still eat this?
如果他们还吃 我们每天给他们可不只35分
If they do, we need to send way more than 35 cents a day.
别这么说你的祖国
Hey, don't talk about the motherland like that.
我不想打断你
I hate to break it to you,
但我们并不都是非洲的国王和女王
but we weren't all kings and queens in Africa.
这甚至不是君主制的运作方式
That's not even how a monarchy works.
那为什么大家都说我们是皇室
So then why does everyone always say we were royalty?
因为听起来好听
Because it sounds nice.
但真♥相♥是 大多数人都是普通人
But the truth is, most of us were just regular people
吃着普通的食物
eating regular food.
肥肉 火腿...
Fatback, ham hocks...
这不是我们的文化 这是别人的残羹剩饭
That's not our culture. That's someone else's scraps.
残羹剩饭 这些东西造就了我们
Scraps? That's what makes us us.
我们捡白人扔掉的
We took what white people threw away
并把它变成好东西
and turned it into something great.
青菜 猪肠
Greens, chitlins'...
猪肠是好东西吗
Chitlins' are great?!
你做饭的时候闻过吗
Have you ever smelled them cooked?
拜托 那气味是在燃烧中挣扎
Girl, please. That smell is the struggle burning off.
那个是猪肠
Which ones are the chitlins'?
上次做的时候 我被逐出公♥寓♥了
Oh, I actually got put out of my apartment
所以我今天没带来
the last time I cooked them, so I did not bring any.
这是什么值得骄傲的事吗
Is that something to be proud of or...
是的 我发誓 我不知道我们在同一个屋檐下长大
Yes. I swear, I don't know how we grew up in the same house
而你却变得如此虚伪
and you turned out so bougie.
我妈妈被这个词激怒了
My mom was triggered by this word.
茶话会
A tea party?
你太虚伪了
You are so bougie.
芭蕾舞
Ballet?
你太虚伪了
You are so bougie.
银行账户 你太虚伪了
A bank account? You're so bougie.
好吧 你赢了
Fine, you win.
你想帮助蕾恩鲍 去吧
You want to help Rainbow, have at it.
我忘了单身可乐了
Oh, I forgot the Solo cola.
是给独居女性喝的
It's for women who live alone.
别给她和单身可乐
Don't give her Solo cola!
当我在处理自己的黑人文化冲突时
While I was dealing with my own black culture clash,
约翰正在处理自己这个混血儿的事
Johan was dealing with a mixed one of his own...
你喜欢某个文化的东西时
when something you like from one culture
别人并不给予尊重
isn't respected by the other.
约翰
Hey, Johan.
这是什么衣服
Uh, what's with the outfit?
这是我最喜欢的曲棍球队
It's my favorite hockey team.
你们今天想来我家看比赛吗
Do you guys want to come over and watch the game today?
谢谢 但你知道 曲棍球是白人运动 傻子
Thanks, but, you know, hockey's a white sport, fool.
看篮球的时候再给我们打电♥话♥ 好吗
Call us when you're watching hoops, though, all right?
再见
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表