剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
me, Johan, and Santamonica
可以说是异族恋的测试者
were basically the beta testers for biraciality.
一个12岁的孩子第一次去上学
As if it wasn't hard enough being a 12-year-old kid
已经很难了
going to school for the first time,
想象一下作为一个新生
imagine being the new kid
周围没有人和你一样
when no one in the world is like you.
你的父母都和你不一样
Not even your parents.
在妈妈和爸爸终于向我们解释
So, after Mom and Dad finally explained to us
有一个白人爸爸和黑人妈妈
that having a white dad and a black mom
并不是常态之后 很令我们震惊
wasn't necessarily the norm, it was shocking.
等一下
So, wait.
你是说身为混血儿把我们变成了怪胎吗
You're saying being mixed makes us weirdos?
看起来是这样的
Looks that way.
是这种感觉
Definitely feels that way.
不不不 你们不用担心那些孩子们想什么
No, no, no, you don't need to worry about what those kids think.
-他们都是蠢货 -没错
- They're idiots. - That's right.
你们在公社的时候不是怪胎
You weren't weirdos on the commune,
在这里也不会是怪胎
and you're not weirdos here.
你们不能再骗这些孩子了
You need to stop lying to these children.
丹丹姨妈
Aunt Dee-Dee!
丹丹姨妈是我们最喜欢的姨妈
Aunt Dee-Dee was our favorite aunt.
她的性格和运安管理局的工人一样
She had the personality of a TSA worker
指2001年发生在美国的911事件
直到他们意识到自己的真实的个性
before they realized what their personalities were gonna be.
别担心 宝贝
Don't worry, babies.
丹尼斯姨妈是来给你们解决问题的
Auntie Denise is here to fix all your problems
我带了新衣服 新梳子
with new clothes, hot combs,
还有发油
and hair grease!
请告诉我你是在开玩笑
Please tell me you're kidding.
不 你们别告诉我
No, you please tell me
你们就让孩子以这副模样上学
you didn't send these babies to school looking like this.
你知道这是虐待儿童
You know this is child abuse.
我们的外表有什么问题吗
What's wrong with how we look?
宝贝 你知道丹丹姨妈很爱你
Sweetie, you know Auntie Dee-Dee loves you very much,
但你看起来像是个离家出走的奴隶
but you look like a runaway house slave.
不 别教孩子这种屁话
No! Don't fill my babies' heads with that nonsense.
他们是黑人也是屁话吗
Them being black is nonsense?
他们是黑白混血 别想让他们选边
They're black and white. Don't try to make them choose sides.
美国已经选了
America already chose.
尤其是这个小家伙
Especially this little one.
她有优势
She has edges.
在圭亚那 1978年在此发生人♥民♥圣殿教教♥徒♥集♥体♥自♥杀♥惨剧
在你们的琼斯镇公社里
You can try to get away with
你们可以逃避现实 宣扬
that "We Are the World," "Kumbaya" foolishness
"我们就是世界" "都来这里吧" 这种蠢话
back at your little Jonestown commune,
但现实世界会打他们的脸
but the real world is gonna smack them in the face.
可能已经打了
It probably already did.
现实社会给了你们一记耳光 对吗
The world smacked you in the face today, didn't it?
你们可以告诉我
You can tell me.
确实
It did.
确实打了
It really did.
-和丹尼斯姨妈道别 -好主意
- Okay. Say goodbye to Aunt Denise. - Ah. Great idea.
妈妈 她才刚来
But, Mom, she just got here!
-她才刚来 -我才刚到
- She just got here! - What? I just got here!
回去吧
Uh-huh. Go on.
再见 孩子们
Bye, kids.
再见
See you.
我♥干♥什么了
What did I do?
听着 我知道你不喜欢跨人种婚姻
Look, we know you don't like interracial marriages.
你在婚礼的祝酒词上试图给我太太牵线搭桥
You made that very clear when you tried to hook my wife up
你已经表达得很清楚了
during your wedding toast.
好吧 我错了 那是丹丹的错
Okay, I was wrong for that. That was Dee-Dee's bad.
我想说的是
All I'm saying is
你们两个的肤色程度不同
you guys are on a different level of whiteness.
你不觉得或许我们的爱情已经超越了种族
And don't you think that maybe we're above race?
看到了吗
See?
这真是再好[白]不过的事情了
That couldn't be a whiter thing to say.
我只是想来帮忙
Hey, I'm just trying to help.
我会把这些东西留给孩子
I'll leave this stuff here for the kids
以防你们改变主意
in case you change your mind.
我不敢相信肥料都要收钱
I can't believe these people charge for manure!
你不开心吗
Is this a bad time?
有一点
A little bit, yeah.
能给我点时间静一静吗
Can I get a couple minutes, please?
当然
Of course.
你不会给我点时间的 对吗
You're not gonna give me a couple minutes, are you?
我们没跟孩子们提起过种族这件事
Did we make a mistake
是不是我们的一个错误
by never talking to the kids about race?
宝贝
Baby.
你说过我们要教会他们如何去爱
You're the one who said we need to teach them how to love
爱会战胜一切
and that would overcome anything,
我们也正是这么做的
so that's what we did.
那时候我们在公社 与外界隔绝
That was when we were in a bubble on the commune.
这里是现实社会
This is the real world.
看看这个大棚
Look at this greenhouse.
我会确保这里面
I'm gonna make sure it's set up
可以提供植物所需要的一切营养
to give these plants everything they need.
就像我们的房♥子和孩子一样
Just like our house and our kids.
我们会给他们所需要的一切
We'll give them everything they need
让他们融入外面的社会 还不改变本性
to take on that world outside without changing who we are.
好吗
Okay?
好
Okay.
不管在不在公社 我们的价值让我们走到现在
Commune or not, our values are what got us here.
如果孩子们能熬过疥疮和饥荒
So, if the kids can survive scabies and a little bit of famine...
他们就可以融入城里
...they can survive the suburbs.
没错 你说得对
Yes. You're right.
我爱你
I love you.
我们的世界天翻地覆
Our world was spinning.
妈妈和爸爸没有准确的答案
Mom and Dad didn't have any clear answers,
丹丹姨妈更是把我们吓坏了
and Aunt Dee-Dee freaked us out even more.
我不知道该想些什么
I had no idea what to think.
但约翰和圣莫尼卡肯定知道
But Johan and Santamonica sure did.
你听到丹尼斯姨妈说的了 我们得选一边
You heard Aunt Denise. We need to pick a side.
要尽快
And soon.
你们俩在说什么
What are you guys talking about?
我们不会选边的
We're not picking sides.
你们听到爸爸说的了 那些孩子都是蠢货
You heard Dad. Those kids are idiots.
你说得对 他们是蠢货
You're right. They are idiots.
我想成为一名蠢货
And I want to be one of them.
我特别想成为一名蠢货
I wanna be an idiot so bad!
这里有一个蠢盒子[电视]Well... there's the idiot box...
你们俩别说了
Guys, stop.
你们没必要为了融入他们而这么做
You don't have to do this just to fit in.
我有...
I have a...
一本切·格瓦拉的书和一个跳绳
Che Guevara book and a jump rope.
我借给你们
I will loan you either.
我爸爸或许管电视叫"蠢盒子"
My dad may have called it the "Idiot box",
但对我的弟弟妹妹来说
but to my siblings, it felt like
这就像是他们正在吃智慧树上的果子
they were eating fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.
蠢果子
Idiot fruit.
我的弟弟妹妹还在腐化思想
While my siblings were rotting their minds
试图寻找新生活的时候
trying to find a new way of life,
我爸爸在播种 试图维持以前的生活
my father was planting seeds, trying to preserve our old one.
我妈妈介于他们之间
And my mom was somewhere in between.
我做了自我反省 宇宙指引我来到了这里
I did some soul-searching, and the universe guided me here.
还有电费
Well, that and... the light bill.
但我看了其他公♥司♥ 我知道这里
But I looked at other firms, and I know this is going to be
是最适合我做一些有意义工作的地方
the best place for me to do the meaningful work...
你穿的是什么
What are you wearing?!
你说什么
Excuse me?
你觉得这些衣服和这间办公室很搭吗
Do you think those clothes are appropriate for this office?
显然你不这么觉得
It's clear you don't think so.
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表