剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
Living room. Now.
你们想干什么都可以
You guys are free to do whatever you want.
但我说实话
But I'll be honest.
你们换头型的时候 让我感觉
When you change your hair, it makes me feel like
我把你们养大 你们并不自爱
I didn't raise you to love yourself.
我们在公社的时候
When we left for the commune,
所有事情都是自信的 骄傲的 天然的
everything was loud, proud, and natural, and now...
现在我们有了工作
Now we have jobs.
改革不会替我付车贷 泛美航♥空♥才会
The revolution is not paying my car note, PanAm is.
我开玩笑的 我才不会付车贷
I'm just kidding. I am not paying my car note.
看起来大家
Seems like everyone
都为了适应而陷入了迷茫
was so caught up in trying to fit in
你们都忘记了
that they forgot to try and be
你们本来就是完美的黑人
the good black people they already were.
如果我是直发
So I'm not a good black person
我就不是完美的黑人了吗
if my hair is straight?
宝贝
Baby...
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我把自然发这个事情看的太重了
I was so big on this natural hair thing
因为我知道回到过去对我来说有多难
because I know how hard it was for me to get back to it.
我不想让你们经历一遍
And I didn't want you to go through that.
但事实是
But the truth is
我每天上班都要换发型
I change my hair every day when I go to work.
所以我没有资格告诉大家
So, it's not my place to tell anyone
你们应该怎么对你们的头发
what to do with their hair.
特别是在自♥由♥运♥动♥之后
Especially since we fought
他们就不能再对我们指手画脚
so they couldn't tell us what to do with ours.
"他们"指的是白人
"They" is white people.
我可以回避
I can go.
不 你要听一听
No, you need to hear this.
我们要理解他们的头发
We need to understand every part of their hair
这样不论他们做什么选择 我们都会骄傲
so we can be proud of whatever choice they make...
自然的 直的 假发或真发
natural, straight, fake, or real.
这是对的
I know that's right.
现在我选择不再伪装
And right now, I choose to stop itching.
我的天
Oh, my.
所以这不是你的头发
So, none of that is your hair.
-是我的 因为我花钱买♥♥的 -没错
- It's all mine because I paid for it. - Yes.
不管你们打扮成什么样
And no matter how you wear it, baby,
你们都是完美的黑人
you'll always be a good black person.
听到了吗
You hear me?
爱的抱抱
Love circle.
笑一笑
Smile.
下一位
Next.
我知道这看起来像是胜利
I know this looks like a victory,
但真♥相♥是
but the truth is
我那天早上想把头发拉直
I tried to straighten my hair that morning,
但我失败了
and I failed.
下一位
Okay, next.
丹尼斯姨妈说得对
Aunt Denise was right.
学校照片会陪伴你一生
School pictures were forever.
但这不意味着下课铃响了 学校放学了
But that didn't mean our hair journey stopped
我们的发型就不再变了
when the bell rang and school let out.
不 这会伴随我们的余生
No, those would follow us for the rest of our lives
一直改变下去
and change over and over.
尽管我们嫁给了这种文化
Even if we only married into the culture.
但作为一个12岁的小女孩
But as a 12-year-old girl,
我理解不了这有多复杂
I didn't understand how complicated it all was.
我只是个孩子 这个社会
I was just a kid who let society
让我对我天生的头发感到羞愧
make her embarrassed by her natural hair.
我当时还不知道 这个头发
Little did I know, this would be the hair
将会是我穷尽一生
that I would spend the rest of my life
想变回来的头发
trying to get back to,
终有一天会成为我力量的源泉
that would one day be my source of power and strength.
但自爱的形成是需要时间的
But the process of self-love never happens overnight.
医院员工
蕾恩鲍·约翰逊 医学博士
麻醉科
工号♥ 05723-A
And while the same can be said for our country,
the process has to start somewhere.
那年的七月三日
On July 3rd of this year,
加利福尼亚州州长加文·纽森
California governor Gavin Newsom
通过了"王冠"法案
passed the CROWN Act,
加利福尼亚州成为了首个
making California the first state
禁止歧视黑人雇员和学生的
to ban discrimination against black employees and students
给自然发创造尊重且开放的工作环境
天生发型的州
over their natural hairstyles.
既然法律有了相应的规定
So, while the laws are catching up,
黑人女性用各种不同的造型
black women express themselves
来表达自我
in a variety of different hairstyles,
有一句话永远是对的
and one thing has been and will always be true...
所有头发都是完美的头发
all hair is good hair.
并不是催你 但是孩子要出去玩
Not trying to rush you, but the kid has places to be.
要出去玩总有一天 你会意识到
One day, you'll look back and realize
你的白人父亲能做到这一点 真的很厉害
how amazing it was that your white father was able to do this.
并不是歧视黑人
Not that I see color.
十分钟 新纪录
Whoa, 10 minutes! New record.
镜子
Mirror.
不错
Not bad!
但下一次 我想听听八卦
But next time, I'll need to hear some gossip.
我可以跟你讲讲库珀夫妇
I could tell you about the Coopers,
但你不是要出去玩吗
but don't you have places to be?
我可以晚点再去
I can be late.
太好了
Awesome.
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表