剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
其实 我游泳可能比田径更厉害
In fact, I'm probably better at swimming than running.
我迫不及待地想改变世界对黑人的看法了
I can't wait to change the way the world sees black people.
好吧 祝你好运
Okay. Good luck.
不久后 我的名字即将与伟人同列
In a few moments, my name was about to be spoken
诸如罗莎·帕克斯 杰基·罗宾森
with the likes of Rosa Parks and Jackie Robinson.
前者为黑人♥民♥权主义活动家
后者为美国职棒大联盟现代史上第一位非裔美国人球员
游泳选手 各就各位
Swimmers, take your mark.
阿瑟·阿什 杰西·欧文斯 卡尔·刘易斯 马娅·安杰卢
And Arthur Ashe, Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, Maya Angelou,
出现的人物依次为
第一位夺得大满贯男单冠军的黑人网球运动员
美国非洲裔田径运动员和民权运动领袖
第一位在海拔低于100米跑进10秒大关的人
美国作家和诗人
哈蒂·麦克丹尼尔 乔治·华盛顿·卡弗
Hattie McDaniel, George Washington Carver.
前者为美国舞台和银幕演员
后者为第一个进入爱荷华州立大学并取得农业硕士学位的黑人
我太厉害了
I was crushing it,
就像杰姬·乔伊娜-克西 威玛·鲁道夫 拳王阿里
like Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Wilma Rudolph, Muhammad Ali,
出现人物依次为美国田径七项全能和跳远运动员
美国女子田径运动员 被认为是全世界跑的最快的女性
美国男子拳击手 以伟大拳击职业生涯和激进的政♥治♥主张而名满全球
安吉拉·戴维斯 哈莉特·塔布曼
Angela Davis, Harriet Tubman, a--
前者为美国政♥治♥活动家 美国共♥产♥党和黑豹党领袖
后者为美国的一位废奴主义者和政♥治♥活动家
你终于游完了
Hey, you finally finished.
你在这干什么
What are you doing here?
我以为你的膝盖脱臼了
I thought you dislocated your kneecap.
对 但是
Yeah. But --
我竟然还以为我们是朋友
And here I was, thinking we were friends.
下一组 上跳水台
Next group, on your blocks.
悠着点 姑娘
Breathe, girl.
等到时候了 你的大屁♥股♥就会逐渐凸显
Your big butt's gonna come when it's ready.
你都用不着吃那么多
You ain't gotta do all that.
教练说为了游泳比赛 我们应该多吃碳水化合物
Coach says we should carbo load for the swim meet.
游泳比赛
Swim meet?
田径怎么了
What happened to track?
我听到你说我们应该与成见抗争
I heard you talking about how we should fight stereotypes,
所以我退出了
so I quit.
你为什么退出啊
What'd you do that for?
我想成为杰基·罗宾森
I wanted to be like Jackie Robinson
或者卡尔·刘易斯 哈莉特·塔布曼那样的人
or Carl Lewis or Harriet Tubman.
天哪 看看你们对这个可怜的小姑娘做了什么
Lord, look at what you guys have done to this poor girl.
让她浪费时间担心什么成见
Got her wasting her time worrying about some stereotypes.
谢了 丹 接下来交给我们吧
Thanks, Dee. We got it from here.
鬼才交给你们
The hell you do.
你们俩是让她有这奇怪想法的始作俑者
You two are the ones that got her twisted up in the first place,
让她觉得自己能与成见抗争
thinking she can fight stereotypes.
大家都有成见
Everybody believes them.
比如我觉得所有叫杰拉德的人都戴假发
Like I believe every man named Gerald wears a hairpiece.
你这话越来越没道理了
You're making less and less sense.
听我说
Hear me.
每天 音乐 文章 艺术品
Every day, music, articles, pieces of art
都让别人的偏见进入你的脑海
allow someone else's bias to get in your head,
但如果你坐着想 "我要改变他们的想法"
but if you sit around saying, "I'm-a change their mind,"
你所做的不过是让成见凌驾于你自己之上
all you're doing is letting that stereotype have power over you.
相信我 我知道改变无知之人不是我的工作
Trust me -- I know it's not my job to change ignorant minds,
但是
but...
我希望黑人女性有权激♥情♥四射
I wish black women had the privilege to be passionate
同时还不被人取各种称号♥
without anyone calling it something.
但你说得对
But you're right.
我只能成为最好的自己
All I can do is be the best version of me
忘记其他的琐事
and forget the rest.
我很困惑
So, I'm confused.
所有人都认为我参加田径是因为我是黑人
Should I run track even though everyone's gonna think
那我还应该参加田径吗
it's because I'm black?
你喜欢田径和你的新朋友吗
Do you like track and your new friends?
喜欢
Yes.
那你找到答案了
There's your answer.
如果我们让其他人的想法阻止我们
And if we let other people's opinions stop us
做自己喜爱的事情
from doing the things we like,
那输掉的是我们自己
then we're the ones losing out.
谢谢 丹丹姨妈
Thanks, Aunt Denise.
不客气 宝贝
You're welcome, baby.
我都不知道你这么大彻大悟
I had no idea you were so enlightened.
要说丹丹姨妈对什么事了如指掌
Well, if there's one thing Dee-Dee knows something about,
那肯定就是成见
it's stereotypes.
我也上过伯克利大学
I went to Berkeley, too.
远程教育
Extension.
-你没有 -没关系
- You didn't. u202d- It's fine.
-不过没关系 没关系 -没关系
- But that's fine. That's fine. - That's fine.
最后 我的家人决定做自己
In the end, my family just decided to be ourselves.
今天 我想首先从...
Today, I'd like to start with --
其实 今天我先说
Actually, I'll start.
昨天 你提出了带侮辱性的反对
Yesterday, you made an offensive objection.
我想让你收回那句话
I'd like you to withdraw that.
你想让我收回我昨天的反对意见
You want me to withdraw my objection from yesterday?
除非你想白纸黑字公开记录下来
Unless you want to go on the record
你说我的辩护意见很愚蠢
as saying my argument was stupid.
因为如果是这样
Because if that's the case,
那我也很乐意谈谈你的四次酒驾
then I'm happy to go on the record
和三个私生子 并公开记录下来
to talk about your four DUIs and three illegitimate children.
收回
Withdrawn.
她又回来了
She's back.
这不是你的胜利
This isn't your victory.
有时候 我们选择成为更好的自己
And sometimes, we chose to be better versions of ourselves,
因为说到底
because at the end of the day,
我们只在乎自己的内心是否改变
the only hearts we cared about changing were our own.
很高兴见到你 芭芭拉 祝你一天愉快
Good to see you, Barbara. Have a great day.
大家都想有归属感
Everyone wants to belong to something,
有时候属于一个团体
and sometimes belonging to a group
也许会加深成见
might reinforce a stereotype.
抱歉我骗了你们
Sorry I lied to you.
你们有没有试过改变世界
Have you ever tried to change the world,
但结果却牺牲了自己喜爱的东西
but only ended up sacrificing something you love?
没有
No.
走吧 我们还要跑步呢
Come on. We have some running to do.
但你不能只想证明
But you can't make decisions
别人对你的看法是错误的 而做出一些决定
just to prove someone's idea about you is wrong.
沃尔特·蒙代尔学校
恭喜学校女子田径队
你必须要追随自己的内心
You have to follow your heart.
在这之后 你就会找到自己的团体
And when you do, you'll find your group,
你的帮派 你的闺密
your clique, your peeps.
亮瞎了吧 达内尔
In your face, Darnell.
你会出于正确的原因
And you'll be part of something you love
而参与到你所爱的事物中去
for all the right reasons.
1986蒙代尔学校女子田径队
蕾恩鲍 也许明年你能比我快 爱你的佳思敏
爱你如姐妹 塔米克
你太酷了 绝不会忘记你哦 香奈丝
蒙代尔学校女子田径队永不变
我去拿点贝果
I'll go grab some Bagel Bites.
你在这等我
You just wait here.
好
Okay.
你叫什么名字来着
What's your name, again?
塔米克
Tamika.
你呢
Yours?
丹尼斯
Denise.
你们俩还好吗
Um, are you guys okay?
-她很酷 -我喜欢她
- She's cool. - I like her.
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表