剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
Very good question.
但我没法回答
But, uh, unfortunately, I can't answer it,
因为你在提问的时候没拿着说话棒
because you did not have the talking stick when you asked.
老爸是我认识的最酷的人
Dad was the coolest guy I knew.
他在伯克利法学院认识了妈妈 但他因为参与了
He met Mom at Berkeley Law, but he dropped out
阶级歧视的升职障碍的抗♥议♥ 因此辍学
as a protest against the glass ceiling of classism.
好 我来发言
Okay, I'm gonna jump in here.
各位 我知道这个地方看起来很不一样
Guys, I know this place might seem different,
但一切都会好起来的
but it's gonna be great.
-你们会看到的 -你妈说得对
- You'll see. - Your mother is correct,
虽然她没有遵守我们的"说话棒制度"
even though she's not setting the best example for stick law.
老妈在法学院毕业了 因为不论嬉皮与否
Mom actually graduated law school, because, hippie or not,
黑人还是需要一个后备计划
black people still needed a backup plan...
尤其是当你爱上了一个我爸那样的自♥由♥灵魂
especially when you fell in love with a free spirit like my dad.
所以我们什么时候回家
So, when are we going back home?
你知道...
S... You know...
为什么 谢谢你 保罗
Why... thank you, Paul.
亲爱的 我们思考了很久
Sweetie, we've actually been doing some thinking, and...
这就是我们的新家
this is our new home.
-暂时的 -什么
- For now. - What?!
抱歉
Whoa. Sorry.
暂时的
For now.
各位 我们很想回家
Guys, we'd love to be able to go back home,
但我们所热爱的土地都被烧成灰烬了
but everything we've ever loved has burned.
我们可以重建啊
We can rebuild!
我在这里没法上厕所
I can't use the bathroom here!
各位 拜托
Guys, guys, come on!
哪种人会打断别人呢
What kind of people interrupt?
-法♥西♥斯♥ -法♥西♥斯♥
- Fascists. - Fascists.
没错
Exactly.
我知道事情看起来很可怕
Now, I know things might seem scary,
但我们会没事的
but we're gonna be fine.
虽然我们在新家里
And just because we're in a new home,
但不会让它改变我们的本性
we're not gonna let that change who we are.
我们绝对不会让这个蠢盒子
And we're definitely not gonna let this idiot box
用美国最糟糕的一面来玷污我们
contaminate us with the worst of America...
就是哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥
CBS.
而且...
And...
我们会留着旧家里最好的一切
we'll keep all the best parts of our old home...
爱 分享 鱼素主义
love, sharing, pescetarianism.
-我喜欢虾 -看到了吗
- I do like shrimp. - See?
如果我们忠于自我
If we stay true to who we are,
我们将从未感到离开过
we'll never even notice we left.
来个爱的抱抱
Love circle!
在公社里长大 我父母的嬉皮价值观
Growing up on the commune, my parents' hippie values
以及他们的乐观精神是会传染的
and their optimism were contagious.
但在现实社会里 没人在乎这些事情
But in the real world, no one cares about any of those things.
我们去上学的时候
And when we got to school,
人们迅速向我们介绍了真实的社会
we got introduced to the real world real quick.
什么情况
What's going on?!
我不知道 跟上我
I don't know. Just try to keep up.
我还小 我不想死
I'm too little to die!
在家里 现实社会也打击了我的父母
Back home, the real world was hitting my parents, as well.
嬉皮士们
Hey, hippies!
哈里森·杰克逊三世是我的爷爷
Harrison Jackson III was my grandfather,
他也是我爸爸搬去公社的
but he was also one of the main reasons
主要原因之一
my dad moved to the commune.
他拥有一个人身伤害律师事务所
He was an ambulance-chasing multi-millionaire owner
也是一个劳而无获的百万富翁
of a personal-injury law firm.
或许他投票给里根
He might've voted for Reagan,
但他喜欢他的混血孙辈
but he loved his brown grandkids.
况且 我们住在他那套家具齐全的出租♥房♥♥里
Also, we were living in his fully furnished rental house.
给孩子们带了曲棍球棒
Brought the kids lacrosse sticks.
你也带了游艇俱乐部的申请表吗
Wow. Did you also bring yacht-club applications?
规矩不是我定的 但游艇俱乐部
Look, I don't make the rules, but yacht clubs are for people
是给那些上流人士的
who came here on the top of a ship.
好久没听到这句话了
I missed this.
我想说 "欢迎回家" 你们俩
I'm trying to say "Welcome home," You two.
我知道那种嬉皮生活都是过去的事了
I knew that hippie thing was just a 15-year phase.
我们明白
Oh, we get it.
你觉得我们在公社的时候很蠢
You think our time on the commune was silly.
不 我没觉得很蠢
Oh, no, I don't think it was silly.
我觉得傻♥逼♥透了
I think it was stupid.
太傻♥逼♥了
Very, very stupid.
给我解释解释
Help me understand.
当穷♥人♥好玩吗
Is it fun to be poor?
比如 有人跟你说某样东西要花多少钱
Like, when people tell you how much something costs
而你们却没这笔钱
and you don't have the money,
不着急吗
is it a rush?
我们选择与外界隔绝
You know, we chose to live off the grid.
现在你们选择住在我家具齐全的出租♥房♥♥里
And now you chose to live rent-free
还不用付房♥租
in my fully furnished rental.
这可真是很着急啊
What a rush that must be.
告诉你们
Tell you what.
你们来我的公♥司♥工作吧
Why don't you come work at my firm?
艾丽西娅不需要在你的猪圈里工作
Alicia doesn't need to take a job at your sty.
她要找一家公♥司♥
No, she's gonna look for a firm
可以尝试有意义的项目
where she can try meaningful cases.
而我要用大棚来种食物 然后卖♥♥掉
And I'm gonna use that greenhouse to grow food we can sell.
很棒的计划
Great plan.
美国实业家 慈善家 石油大王 十九世纪第一个亿万富翁
洛克菲勒家族就是这么起家的
That's exactly how Rockefeller started.
我要回猪圈去了
Ooh! I need to get back to the sty.
所以我要坐上我现实社会的法拉利
So, I guess I'm gonna go jump in my real-world Ferrari
去挣一些现实社会的钱
and go make some more real-world money
来付这间现实社会的房♥子
to pay for this real-world house
你们全家的生存都依赖于这栋房♥子
that your entire family's survival is dependent upon.
对我们所有人来说都是糟糕的一天
It was a hard day for all of us.
这就是我讨厌枪♥支♥的原因
And that is why I hate guns.
但那天最难的是
But the hardest part about that day
沃尔特·蒙代尔学校
白人区 黑人区
我们第一次被问这个问题
was the first time we were asked a question
这个问题将伴随我们的余生
that would follow us for the rest of our lives.
你们是什么混血怪胎
What are you weirdos mixed with?
什么是"混血"
What's "Mixed"?
你们觉得你们今天过得很糟吗
You guys think you had a bad day?!
自从离开公社之后
Since leaving the commune,
我的世界完全颠倒了
my world had been turned upside-down.
但在我第一天放学后
But after my first day of school,
我感觉这个颠倒的生活被点着了
I felt like that upside-down world got lit on fire.
什么是"混血"
What is "Mixed"?
我们需要知道
We need to know!
这会是我的死因吗
Is it what kills me?!
父母把我们带到这个世界上
My parents had sent us out into the world
完全没有告诉我们"混血"这个东西
with absolutely no warning that being mixed was even a thing,
更不用说融入他们有多难了
let alone how hard it would be to fit in.
所有人都在嘲笑我们
Everyone was laughing at us!
我知道不理解"混血"这个词的意思
I know the idea of not understanding
听起来很疯狂
what it meant to be mixed sounds crazy,
但你们必须理解 在公社里成长
but you have to understand, growing up on the commune,
种族都不算什么
race wasn't a thing.
在当时我们这样的人也不多
And also, at the time, there weren't many of us.
如今的混血儿童可以崇拜说唱歌♥手 芭蕾舞演员
Today's mixed kids can look up to rappers, ballerinas,
运动员 总统 或是公主
athletes, a president, and a princess.
节奏布鲁斯组合 由五位混血儿组成
我们当时唯一的英雄是德巴奇
The only heroes we had were DeBarge.
你们知道如今
And do you have any idea
有多少混血儿童吗
how many more mixed babies there are today?
可能是因为在1967年的示爱行动之前
Probably because interracial marriage was illegal
跨人种通婚是违法的
until the Loving Act of 1967.
因为我的父母是最早的异族通婚者之一
So, since my parents were one of the first mixed marriages,
我 约翰和圣莫尼卡
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表