剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
我不能帮助你
I'm not gonna be able to help you.
看来你只有我了
Well, then, I guess you just got me.
我们俩都不能接手你的案子
None of us will be able to take your case.
我真的很抱歉
I really am sorry.
或许他们可以帮到你
But maybe they can help you here.
谢谢
Thanks.
现在我感觉我不受阻碍
By now, I felt like I was in the clear.
我们免于逃学的惩罚
We'd gotten away with ditching school,
我的朋友们都不用坐着
none of my friends would have to sit through
听我爸爸尴尬地演讲
my dad's embarrassing speech,
而且桌上冰球我已经十比零了
and I was 10 and 0 on air hockey.
BGM: Bad Reputation by Avril Lavigne
♪ I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation ♪
♪ You're living in the past, it's a new generation ♪
♪ A girl can do what she wants to do ♪
♪ And that's what I'm gonna do ♪
我爱马丁·路德·金纪念日
I love Martin Luther King Day!
我很高兴在你走之前 在洗手间找到你
I'm glad I found you in the bathroom before you left.
很抱歉我妹妹说我们无法帮你
I'm sorry my sister said we couldn't help you.
她是你所谓的书本型聪明 我是街头型聪明
She's what you call book smart, and I am street smart.
这条街上所有人都知道
And everyone on the street knows the power
一封措辞强烈的信的力量
of a strongly worded letter.
"致种族主义者"
"Dear racist..."
我们来写得专业一点
Actually, let's keep this professional.
"敬启者"
"To whom it may concern..."
真棒
Damn!
这太专业了
That's professional as hell.
丹尼斯 你为什么把门锁上了
Denise, why did you lock the door?
我们该让她进来吗
Should we let her in?
真的吗 丹尼斯
Really, Denise?
律所很有可能因为这个陷入大♥麻♥烦
The firm could get in serious trouble for this.
而且"委托人"不是这么写的
And that is not how you spell "Fiduciary".
这个人需要你的帮助 你却把他拒之门外
Well, this guy needed our help, and you just turned him away.
事实上 这由我决定
Ipso facto, it was up to me.
"事实上"是一个西班牙语法律术语
"Ipso facto" is a fancy legal term
意思是"从事实上来说"
that means "of the fact" in Spanish.
我们会写到你的信上
We'll put it in your letter.
你有什么毛病 假装是一名律师吗
What's wrong with you? Pretending to be a lawyer?
等等 你不是律师吗
Wait, you're not a lawyer?
够了 丹尼斯
Enough, Denise.
这是我有所改变的机会
This is my opportunity to make a difference,
而你却在毁了这次机会
and you're ruining it.
我在毁了这次机会
I'm ruining it?
我看到你拒绝了六个人
I saw you turn six people away.
但我帮了八个人
But I helped eight.
这封信我能拿走吗
So, can I keep that letter?
你知道"公益"是什么意思吗
Do you even know what "pro bono" means?
是西班牙语"帮助他人"的意思
It's Spanish for "helping others".
我没时间跟你讨论这个
I really don't have time for this.
你当然没有 你只在乎那些数字
Of course you don't. All you care about is the numbers.
其实就是自私
Ipso facto, selfish.
所以你终于准备好加入这场运动了吗
So you're finally ready to join the movement?
运动的关键时刻
Back when it mattered,
我在召集大家游♥行♥ 你在哪儿
I was out there marching for our people, and where were you?
在家待着 什么都不做
At home, doing nothing.
如果你就是这么想的
Well, if that's how you feel about it...
把这个当成我的辞呈
...consider this my resignation.
我爸爸对于校长指责他
My dad was upset about the principal
白人化他的"金博士演讲" 感到很生气
accusing him of whitewashing his Dr. King speech,
只要我爸爸一生气 他就会去泡吧
and whenever my dad was upset, he headed to the bar.
不幸的是 他最喜欢的吧
Unfortunately, his favorite bar
是披萨店的沙拉吧
was the salad bar at Pizza Palace.
糟糕 我爸在这儿
Crap. My dad's here.
我没有浪费任何东西 看
I didn't leave anything out. See?
就在这儿 考验和苦难
Right here. Trials and tribulations.
对你来说 考验和苦难微不足道吗
Does trials and tribulations sound trivial to you?
老兄 我只是个打杂的
Dude... I refill the croutons.
快点 我们得在他转身之前离开这里
Quick, we have to get out of here before he turns around.
走走走
Go, go, go!
等等 圣莫
Wait! Santi!
约翰在洗手间里
Johan is in the bathroom.
别管他了
Leave him!
我们应该主动自首
We should turn ourselves in.
你喝醉了吗
Are you drunk?!
相信我
Trust me.
是我♥干♥的 我逃学了
I did it. I skipped school.
鲍
Bow?
圣莫
Santi!
你好 老爸
Hi, Dad.
你们怎么能逃学
How could you skip school?
还是在这么重要的日子
Today, of all days?
你说得对 这没什么可开脱的
You're right. It's indefensible.
你应该把我们带回家 剩下的时间都拿来惩罚我们
You should take us home and punish us for the rest of the day.
我们不配参加集♥会♥
We don't deserve to see the assembly.
我很抱歉你不能演讲了
I'm really sorry you won't be able to speak at it.
什么 我以为你想让我演讲呢
What? I-I thought you wanted me to speak.
到底发生了什么
What's really going on?
你很令人尴尬
You're embarrassing.
更何况 所有人都知道了你关于金博士的故事
Besides, everyone already knows your stories about Dr. King,
特别是我们
especially us.
是啊 你想和他这个朋友一起游♥行♥
Yeah. He was your friend who liked to march,
他很擅长手球
and he was really good at handball.
大家都喜欢他
Everyone loved him.
你们以为所有人都喜欢金博士吗
Wait, you -- you think everybody loved Dr. King?
但我告诉过你们他面对的...
But... I told you what he was up against --
我们知道 他面对了许多考验和苦难
We know. He faced a lot of trials and tribulations.
鲍 没有这么简单
Oh, Bow, it wasn't that simple.
等等
Wait.
我告诉过你们他怎么死的 对吗
I told you how he died, right?
他死了吗
u202dHe died?
你说他永远活在我们的心中
You said he lived forever in our hearts.
这一次
This whole time,
我爸爸对泰勒校长很生气
my father had been upset with Principal Taylor
他想要白人版的马丁·路德·金纪念日
for wanting a whitewashed version of MLK,
却没有意识到这是他一直想要给我们的
without realizing that this is exactly what he'd been giving to us.
但或许他应该早就知道了
But he probably should have realized that before.
你有什么毛病
What is wrong with you?
关于那个男人的鞋你写了三页
You wrote three pages talking about the man's shoes.
我知道 你想让我说什么
I know. What do you want me to say?
我不是做这个演讲的最佳人选
I-I-I'm not the right guy to talk about this.
我又知道什么呢
Yeah, well, what do I know?
据艾丽西娅所说
According to Alicia,
我没有为民权运动做任何事
I didn't do anything for the civil rights movement.
至少你没有改写已经发生的历史
Well, at least you didn't undo what's been done.
我算是白人化了历史
I basically whitewashed history.
-等等 这部分是真的吗 -哪个
- Wait. Is this part true? - What?
你把他保释出狱
You bailed him out of jail?
是的 其实保释了许多次
Yeah. A couple of times, actually.
你所做的比我想象的要多
You were doing more than I thought.
只看演讲稿 你是无从得知这些事的
You wouldn't know any of that by reading this speech.
现在改变还不算晚
Well, it's not too late to change it.
你帮了他
You helped the man,
或许你正是演讲的最佳人选
so maybe you are the best person to give that speech.
我说不好
I don't know.
显而易见 我身边坐着一位在民权运动中
It's clear -- I'm sitting here with a white guy who did more
比我付出更多的白人
for the civil rights movement than I did.
那你怎么不去
Then take your own advice.
不行 公开演讲会让我胀气
No. Public speaking makes me gassy.
那次事故我仍然记忆犹新
I still remember that incident.
不是
No.
我是说 现在改变还不算晚
I mean... it's never too late to change.
一位聪明的女性曾如是教导我
A wise woman once told me that.
你说得没错
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表