剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
妈妈和爸爸以前攒了很多年钱才买♥♥了一辆车
Mama and Daddy used to save up for years to get a car.
你用一笔奖金就买♥♥了一辆
u202dYou're buying your first car off of one bonus check.
能从辛勤劳动中得到奖励感觉确实不错
It is nice to get rewarded for all that hard work.
但我实话实说
But I can't lie --
我特想买♥♥一辆新车
I would kill to have a new car.
特别是不需要跳线启动
Especially one that doesn't need jumper cables to start
或者是引擎监测灯亮着的车
or have its check-engine light on.
你该检查一下你的引擎
You should check your engine.
我查了 还在里面
I did, it's still in there.
如果我有一辆这样的车
Listen, if your girl had a car like this,
我肯定能准点上班 赢得我自己的奖金
I bet I could get to work on time and earn my own bonus.
这辆车只要5000块
Well, it's, uh -- it's $5,000.
这价格不错 对吗
That's a good price, right?
你能帮我吗
You think you could help me out?
我和老板闹得很僵
I really am on thin ice with my boss.
每天早上我不知道要花五分钟还是一个小时
Every morning, I don't know if it's gonna take five minutes or an hour
来启动我那台老爷车
for that old hoopty to start.
我不知道
I-I don't know.
这价格不错 但还是要花很多钱 丹尼斯
It is a good deal, but it's still a lot of money, Denise.
想想 妹妹
Think about it, Sis.
你可以成为掀起我们两条船的浪潮
You could be the high tide that lifts both our boats, hmm?
BGM: New Attitude by Divina
♪ I'm feelin' good from my hat to my shoes ♪
♪ Know where I'm going and I know what to do ♪
♪ Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪
♪ I got a new attitude ♪
♪ I got a new attitude ♪
♪ I got a new ♪
我们的第一辆车 这太令人激动了
Our first car. This is so exciting.
妈妈要向你们展示刻苦工作的回报
Well, your mom is about to show you the reward for hard work.
只要你努力 会有好事发生的
If you put in the effort, good things happen.
努力工作就得到了这个吗
This is what hard work gets you?
小心点
Careful.
大家好
Hey, everybody!
为什么还发动着
Why is it still running?
需要一段时间来冷却
Oh, that's just the, uh -- the warm-down feature.
这东西的烟比柯林斯老师还多
That thing smokes more than Ms. Collins.
我们的车时不时髦
So, is our car stylish or what?
肯定"不时髦"
Definitely "Or what"?
我以为我们会买♥♥辆新车
I thought we were getting a new car.
这对我们来说是新的
Well, this is new to us.
孩子们 你们回家去吧
Um, kids, why -- why don't you go back in the house?
老爸 这次你最好说服她
Dad, you better win this one.
你感觉怎么样
What do you think?
宝贝 我觉得你被骗了
Uh... baby, I-I think you got had.
一万块就买♥♥来了这个吗
I mean, this is -- this is what $10,000 gets you?
买♥♥了这辆 还给丹尼斯买♥♥了一辆
This and a car for Denise.
等等
Wait.
什么时候要给她买♥♥了
When was that part of the plan?
自从我意识到我可以成为
Well, since I realized I could be the high tide
掀起我们两条船的浪潮
that lifts both our boats. Uh...
我知道我们没商量过
Look, I know we didn't talk this over,
但我和丹尼斯的成长环境是
but the way Denise and I were raised
我们中一人有一块钱
was if one of us had a dollar,
意味着每个人有五毛钱
that just meant we each had 50 cents.
但这可不只是一美元
But this is more than a dollar.
这可是好多钱
This is like a lot of dollars.
这不仅仅是钱的问题
This isn't just about the money.
丹尼斯一直在支持着我
Denise has always been there for me.
如果没有她的爱心包裹和爱心电♥话♥
I couldn't have made it through law school
我没法在法学院坚持到毕业
without her care packages and all of her phone calls,
所以这次轮到我支持她了
so this was my chance to be there for her.
用一辆车吗
But a car?
黑人家庭就是用这种方式
I'm telling you, this is just the way black families
来确保我们一同成长
make sure we all rise together.
我知道妈妈听起来像是二手车销♥售♥
I know Mom sounded like a used-car salesman,
但她说的是真的
but she was actually talking about something real.
自从来到美国的第一天
Since day one in America,
黑人就要照顾彼此
black people have had to look out for each other.
北部自♥由♥的黑人把他们的房♥子
Free blacks in the North offered their homes
提供给解放的或者逃跑的奴隶
to freed or runaway slaves.
如果一名黑人在工厂里找到了工作
If one black person got a job at a factory,
他会给他的朋友和邻居都找份工作
they'd get jobs for their friends and neighbors.
我们不签租♥房♥♥合同 这样就不会有人被赶出去
And we threw rent parties so nobody would get evicted.
没有世代的财富 我们只能这样生存
Without generational wealth, this is how we survived.
我们家庭也是如此
And it was the way our family worked, too.
我想告诉孩子们 天下没有白吃的午餐
I'm trying to teach the kids that there are no free rides,
而你就是在给丹尼斯一顿免费的午餐
and you're literally giving Denise a free ride.
如果她不需要的话 不会寻求我的帮助
She wouldn't ask for help if she didn't need it.
何况她把事情解决之后
Plus, once she gets everything straightened out,
会把钱还给我们的
she'll pay us back.
相信我
Trust me.
这件事你理解不了
This is just something you don't understand.
好吧
Okay.
如果你这么说的话
If you say so.
想去兜兜风吗
Want to go for a spin?
当然 我们走
Sure. Let's do it.
好
Okay.
我来帮你
Le-- Let me help you.
好了 请上车
u202dOkay, there you go.
挺不错的吧
Pretty cool, huh?
你们每完成一件家务 就会挣到钱
For each chore you accomplish, you'll earn money.
但更重要的是 满足感
But more importantly, fulfillment.
但肯定有钱 对吧
But definitely money, right?
是的 家务做得越多
Yes. And the more chores you do,
满足感就会越强
the more fulfillment you get.
也会挣更多的钱 你刚才没提钱
And more money. You didn't say money that time.
当然
Yes, of course.
不知不觉中 你们就会挣到足够的钱
Before you know it, you've earned enough money
来买♥♥你们朝思暮想的游戏机
to get that game system you want so bad.
-说清楚了吗 -清楚了
- Make sense? - u202dTotally.
而且这工作能有多难
Plus, how hard could this stuff be?
你漏了一个地方 你漏了一个地方
You missed a spot! You missed a spot!
你漏了一个地方 在那边在那边
You missed a spot! Over there, over there!
♪ Tumble outta bed, and I stumble to the kitchen ♪
BGM: 9 To 5 by Fergie
♪ Pour myself a cup of ambition ♪
♪ And yawn and stretch and try to come to life ♪
♪ Workin' 9 to 5 ♪
♪ What a way to make a livin' ♪
♪ Barely gettin' by ♪
♪ It's all takin' and no givin' ♪
♪ They just use your mind ♪
♪ And they never give you credit ♪
♪ It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it ♪
干完了 我们打扫完了 也码放整齐了
Done. We cleaned. We organized.
我们还把大棚里的浣熊吓跑了
We even scared off some raccoons from the shed.
你们做得真棒
Ah, you guys did great!
干完这一切感觉怎么样
How does it feel to have accomplished all that?
我好像被浣熊抓了
Like I got scratched by a raccoon.
说到抓 我们的钱呢
Speaking of scratch... where's our money?
现在就发给你们
I do believe it is payday.
给你们
Here you go.
给你们一人一块钱去买♥♥游戏机
There's one dollar each towards your video-game thing.
在1986年一人一块钱已经很不错了 对吗
A dollar each was good in 1986, right?
不对 在那时候也很糟糕
Nope! It sucked then, too.
继续干活 继续挣钱
Keep working, keep earning,
继续得到满足感
and keep feeling great about yourselves.
我以为白人免费压榨黑人干活的时代已经过去了
I thought white men making black people work for free was in our past.
可能这个白人是你的老爸 事情就不同了
Maybe it's different when it's your dad?
与客户吃晚餐我要迟到了
I'm late for a client dinner.
你能帮我戴上吗
Will you fasten this for me?
当然 妹妹
Oh, sure thing, Sis.
幸亏你是个律师
Good thing you a lawyer,
因为你长得这么好看都是罪过
'cause it's a crime to look this good!
谢谢 你也很好看
Thank you! You look good, too.
我从没...
u202dHey, I've never --
我从没见过这身衣服
I've never seen this outfit before.
还有这双鞋
O-Or those shoes.
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表