剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
the more painful it became.
但最后
But in the end,
会发现一切都值得
it felt like it was all worth it.
你喜欢吗
You like it?
我不是喜欢
I didn't like it.
是爱死了
I love it.
-逛街逛得怎么样 -你看看
- How was the mall? - You tell me.
对不起
I'm sorry.
你生气了吗
Are you mad?
我没生你的气
I'm not mad at you.
你只是个孩子
You're just a child.
但大人在碰我孩子的头发之前
But an adult should've asked my permission
应该经过我的允许
before she touched my babies' heads.
她们让我带她们去的
They asked me to take them.
你知道我不想改变她们的头发
You know I didn't want to change their hair.
现在管你要我刚刚花的45块钱是不是不太好
So is this a bad time to ask for the $45 I just spent?
-你不喜欢吗 -这不取决于我
- So you do hate it? - It's not up to me.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
说实话
Honestly,
我真的很喜欢
I really like it.
好
Okay.
如果你喜欢
Well, if you like it,
我就喜欢
I love it.
你好 圣莫
Hey, Santi.
怎么了
Yes?
你好 圣莫
Hey, Santi.
怎么了
Yes?
这个漂亮的姑娘是谁
Who's that girl looking beautiful?
是圣莫
Oh, it's just Santi!
谢谢
Thanks.
这笔钱花得值
That's money well-spent.
黑人女性内化白人中心论的另一个原因
Another reason black women internalize Eurocentrism?
在你把头发拉直之前
It seems like no one ever notices your hair
没人注意过你的头发
until you straighten it.
头发不错
Hey, nice hair.
你去做头发了啊
Somebody got their hair done.
我真的喜欢你的头发
I really like your hair.
有一头直发是有魔力的
Having straight hair was magical.
这是我人生中第一次
For the first time in my new life,
我感觉被大家注意到了
I felt seen by everyone...
白人女生 黑人女生 甚至男生
white girls, black girls, even boys.
但对于约翰来说
But for Johan, suddenly,
他的头发突然间成为了与众不同的标志
his hair became a symbol of how different he was.
所以他和爸爸开始解决这个问题
So, he and my father set out to fix it.
我马上回来
Okay, I'll be right back.
宝贝 你的梳子在哪里
Hey, babe. Where's your comb?
在水槽上
On the sink.
你怎么看蕾恩鲍的新造型
Hey, what do you think about Rainbow's new look?
我觉得
I mean...
挺漂亮的
it's beautiful.
但很没必要
But unnecessary.
但正如非洲女神奥顺所说
But as the African goddess Oshun once said...
别再想着政♥治♥正确了
Stop trying to be politically correct.
你的真实想法是什么
What do you really think?
我只知道今天
All I know is that today,
姑娘们准备上学的时间
it took half the time it usually takes
比平常短了一半
to get the girls ready for school,
看起来蕾恩鲍更加自信了
and it seems that Rainbow has a lot more confidence.
这不是好事吗
Isn't that a good thing?
我不希望我的孩子们把直发等价于自信
I just don't want our kids to equate straight hair with confidence.
我希望他们对他们的自然发感到自信
I want them to be proud of their natural hair
就像我一样
like I am with mine.
我喜欢你的头发
You know I love your hair,
但你是天生就有这种自信呢
but were you born with that confidence,
还是后天学到的呢
or did you have to learn it?
我不知道
I don't know.
我不知道自信从哪来的
I don't know where it came from.
他们会理解的
They'll get there.
只是需要时间
It just takes time.
我要给约翰弄个"玉米卷"
But is it good or bad that I'm about to try
这是好事还是坏事
to give Johan something called "Corn rolls"?
坏事
Bad.
当约翰的头发不够黑
Johan's identity as a black boy was threatened
以至于做不了时尚造型的时候
when his hair wasn't "Black enough"
他黑人男孩的身份受到了威胁
for any of the popular styles.
但今天 他没这个问题
But today, he didn't have that problem.
约翰
Hey, Johan!
大家看看这个黑白斑马
Hey, everyone, look at Ebony and Ivory over here!
她是不是很可爱啊
Yeah, isn't she lovely?
当他的头发被史蒂夫嘲讽的时候
But when his hair couldn't follow in Stevie's footsteps,
约翰像许多不够黑的
Johan followed the path of many mixed boys
混血儿一样
who don't feel black enough.
他们激进过度
They overcompensate.
在学校的另一边
And on the other side of school,
我自己的头发也遇到了问题
I was having my own hair problems.
你打扮成这样去体育馆吗
You going to gym like that?
是啊 谢谢你
Yeah. Thank you.
不幸的是 这句话并不是恭维
Unfortunately, that wasn't a compliment.
而是警告
It was a warning.
因为我的头发没有包起来
Because my hair wasn't wrapped up,
我会出汗的
I was about to sweat it out.
白人 允许约翰逊博士解释一下
White people, allow Dr. Johnson to explain.
当直发湿了之后
When straightened hair gets wet,
头发中的蛋白质
hydrogen bonds form between water molecules
和水分子之间形成氢键
and the proteins in your hair.
这会使头发恢复到自然的卷曲状态
This causes the hair to revert to its natural curl.
但如果你把头发包起来直到它变干
But if you keep your hair wrapped up until it's dry,
你想要做的
what you manage to do
就是让你的头发保持你想要的形状
is physically hold your hair in the shape you want.
这样的话 就不会恢复原状
This way, it can't snap back.
但没人告诉我要这么做
But nobody told me to do that.
我想告诉你的
I tried to tell you.
就像这样 就像午夜的钟声敲响一样
And just like that, it was like the clock struck midnight
我的头发像个南瓜
and my hair had pumpkin'd,
镜子里的人是一个头发打卷的怪物
and the person in the mirror was a curly-headed weirdo
主流审美告诉我
that mainstream standards of beauty
我应当感到羞愧
had taught me to be ashamed of.
我无法直视她
I couldn't look at her,
我知道我要像灰姑娘一样再找到一只水晶鞋
and I knew I had to find another glass slipper, stat.
打架 你在学校打架了
A fight? You got in a fight in school?
你没有捡那些珠子吧
You didn't happen to pick up any of those beads, did you?
-保罗 -孩子 在我们家
- Paul. - Son, in this family,
我们不用拳头打架
we don't fight with fists.
我们也不会把珠子留在地上
And we don't leave beads on the ground.
抱歉 那些不便宜
Sorry, they weren't cheap.
但他们在取笑我的头发
But they were making fun of my hair.
如果他们取笑你
If they were making fun of you,
可能只是嫉妒
they were probably just jealous.
抱歉 宝贝 我没法对你撒谎
I'm sorry, baby, I can't lie to you.
你好...
Hi, B...
你的头发怎么了
Oh! What happened to your head?
不是小气 但我花了45块钱呢
Not to be petty, but I did just pay $45 for it.
我知道一团糟
Yes, I know it's messed up,
但明天就是照相日了
but picture day is tomorrow.
谁能帮我修复一下
Can someone please help me fix this?
-好 我来... -不是你 小丑
- Yes, I'm on it... - Not you, clown.
但真正的问题是我的头发
Okay, but the real problem here is my hair.
-你听到小丑说的了 -你不能这么叫我
- You heard the clown! - But you can't talk to me like that.
别吵了
Everybody stop!
到了讨论这个问题的时候了
It's finally time to talk about this.
所有人去客厅
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表