剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表
看起来她没有一直留这个发型
It didn't seem like she always was.
我越盯着她的婚礼照片看
And as I stared at her wedding photo,
越觉得参加正式场合的时候
I realized that when it came to special occasions,
如果你想变漂亮
if you wanted to look great,
最好还是把头发拉直
you might just have to go straight.
爸爸
Dad?
我一直在想丹丹姨妈说的
I've been thinking about what Aunt Dee-Dee said,
或许在照相日之前 我确实需要剪头发
and maybe I do need a haircut before picture day.
太好了
All right! Yes!
剪头发的盆已经准备好了
Hair bowl is clean and ready.
我其实想做一些改变
Actually, I was thinking of something a bit different.
或许把头顶剪平
Maybe a flat top?
剪平...
A flat...
我可以试试
I can try.
爸爸 我喜欢你做的造型
Dad, I love your haircuts,
但我能不能去真正的理发店
but can I try a real barber shop?
当然可以 你想要什么都行
Sure, buddy. Yeah, whatever you want.
太棒了 这太坏了
Yes! That's bad.
这个"坏"的意思不是坏 是说很好
But not "Bad" Meaning bad, but "Bad" Meaning good.
好吧
Okay.
如果你想找丹尼斯
If you're looking for Denise,
她已经不幸去世了
she has unfortunately passed on
所以不能支付任何欠款
and is unable to pay any debts.
丹丹姨妈 我是蕾恩鲍
Aunt Dee-Dee, it's Rainbow.
怎么了小姑娘
Oh, hey, girl, what's up?
我一直在想
I was thinking about it,
我真的想在照相日上有一头直发
and I really want my hair to get straightened for picture day.
-你能带我去美容院吗 -可以
- Will you take me to the beauty salon? - I'll do it.
你想去美容院不带我吗
Do you think you're going to a beauty salon without me?
妈妈
Mommy!
不 你不能去
No, you can't come.
我不能再让那个小丑把我的王冠弄丑了
I can't have that clown messing up my crown anymore.
妈妈
Mommy!
好吧好吧 你可以和我们一起去
Fine, fine, fine, fine. You can come with us.
爸爸也在努力
You know, Dad really is trying.
他就是小丑 蕾恩鲍
He's a clown, Rainbow.
这是我离开公社以后
And for the first time since leaving the commune,
第一次想融入大家
I was trying to fit in.
你们好 怎么样
Hey, guys, how are ya?
汤米 我给你带了新顾客
Tommy, I brought you a new customer.
谢谢你 杰克逊先生
Thank you, Mr. Jackson.
你确定你要剪吗
You sure you want to go through with this?
现在改变想法还不晚
Not too late to change your mind.
别听他的 约翰 快来
Oh, don't listen to him, Johan. Come here.
坐上来 小家伙
Hop right up there, buddy.
孩子 我很高兴你第一次剪头发
Boy, I am so happy that you decided
就选择来我的理发店
to come to my barber shop for your first haircut.
我从法律允许你来这里之前
I've been coming here since...
就一直在这里剪头发了
before you were legally allowed to come here.
生动的历史课
Nice history lesson.
你今天想剪什么样的发型
So, what kind of style do you have in mind today?
剪一个让我看上去最潮的
Whatever makes me look the most fresh.
"潮"
"Fresh"?
路易斯 你会剪"潮"的头发吗
Uh, Lewis, you know how to cut fresh?
他说他想剪一个说唱歌♥手
No, he said he wants to look like
小杰斯·B·韦弗那样的头发
that rapper Schoolly D.
没错
Yeah.
我知道了
Ohh, I see.
或许这位年轻人更适合
Perhaps the young gentleman might be more comfortable
黑人路那里的理发店
at that barbershop on MLK?
因为那里是黑人理发店吗 难以置信
Because it's a black barbershop? This is unbelievable.
-约翰 我们走 -等一下等一下
- Johan, let's go. - Okay. Okay, hang on, hang on.
听着 汤米
Listen, Tommy, I'm sure
我确定你可以给这个孩子理发
there's something you can do with the kid's hair
这样我们就不用黑人路了
so we don't have to go anywhere near MLK.
老爸 拜托
Dad, come on.
好吧 我们去
Fine, I'll go.
但我要把相机留在这里
But I'm leaving my camera here.
还有我的劳力士
And my Rolex.
还有我的钱夹
And my money clip.
还有我房♥子的钥匙
And my house keys.
你有什么值钱的吗 开玩笑的 我们走
You have anything of value? Just kidding. Let's go.
我第一次走进美容院的种种都历历在目
I still remember everything about the first time I walked into a salon.
头发在热梳子上的滋滋声
The sound of the hair sizzling on the hot comb,
吹风机的轰鸣声 收音机里的经典节奏布鲁斯音乐
the roar of the blow dryer, the R&B oldies on the radio,
以及黑人女性的喊叫声
and the sound of black women yelling over it all.
这或许是我第一次踏入理发店的门
It might have been my first time through those doors,
但这里感觉像家一样
but it felt like home.
-天啊 -你好 丹丹
- Wow. - Hey, Dee-Dee.
你好 贾利萨
Hey, Jaleesa girl.
我以为你预约的是下周
I thought your appointment was next week.
是的 但我希望
It is, but I was hoping
你可以让我的外甥女们插个队
you could squeeze my nieces in.
学校照相日要到了
School picture day is coming up, and, well...
你看到她们了
you see them.
她们有印度血统吗
They got Indian in them?
爸爸是白人
Their daddy's white.
不会花太长时间的
Oh, well, it won't take me long.
你们两个的头发都很好
You both got that good hair.
谢谢 不过我什么都很好
Thank you, but I got good everything.
"好头发"听起来像是称赞
"Good hair" might have sounded like a compliment,
但其实不是
but it's not.
在美国
In America,
白人头发一直是美丽的标准
white hair has always been the standard of beauty.
或许这就是第一位黑人百万富翁
Maybe this is why our first black millionaire
C·J·沃克夫人 她发明了一种拉直黑发的方法
was Madam C.J. Walker... A woman who made a fortune
靠这个挣了大钱
by developing a way to straighten black hair.
不管你怎么改变
No matter how you spun it,
"好头发"这个词是在伤及黑人的自尊
the term "Good hair" was bad for black self-esteem.
好了
All right.
我们想给我儿子剪个头发
Hey, we're just looking to get my son's hair cut.
我不在乎人种 但他是半个黑人
Uh, I don't see color, but he is half black.
-你娶了一个黑人姐妹 -是的
- You married a sister? - Yeah.
知道了 白鬼子
I see you, white flash.
稍等一下
Just give me a minute.
你喜欢拳击吗
You like boxing?
喜欢拳击
Oh, love boxing.
你喜欢哪位选手
Which fighter you got?
黑人 白人
感觉这像个陷阱
This feels like a trick.
找到了
There it is.
-就这个 -这个不错
- That's the one. - That is the one.
但是你不行
Just not for you.
-为什么不行 -你剪不了的
- Why not? - It won't work.
你的头发不够黑
Your hair's not black enough for it.
那这个呢
Then how about that?
这个肯定不行
Definitely not that one.
抱歉 小伙子
I'm sorry, young blood.
你能给我儿子剪什么发型
Is there a cut you can give my son?
我可以给你剃个秃瓢
I mean, I could cut it all off.
我们走吧
Come on, let's just go.
-等等 -我想回家
- Whoa, whoa, hold on. - I want to go home.
我们应该听这个孩子的
We should listen to the boy.
我还没说什么冒犯的话
I haven't said anything offensive yet,
但我已经闻到火♥药♥味了
but I can feel it bubbling up.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我喜欢轻量级的奥马利选手
I like O'Malley in seven.
当然了
'Course you do.
人们说时间会抚平一切伤口 但在黑人理发店中
They say time heals all wounds, but in a black salon,
你带那里待得越久
it seemed like the longer you were there,
就会越痛苦
剧集 | 融和不容易 | 导航列表