剧集 | 费雪小姐探案集(2012) | 导航列表
"blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,"
"只能判定死者失去重心"
"can only conclude the deceased lost her footing"
"死于意外"
"and that death was accidental."
我不相信这是个意外 你呢?
I'm not convinced it was an accident. How about you?
我只能说有待商榷
I'd say there are grounds for doubt.
- 坐我的车还是你的? - 都不坐
- So, your car or mine? - Neither.
你错失良机了
You had your chance.
迦斯金先生已经明确声明了
Mr Gaskin made it abundantly clear
他不想让你出现在工厂附近任何地方
he doesn't want you anywhere near his factory.
所以说调查的事情全权由警方负责
Which means you'll have to leave the investigating to the police.
你得看着 我才能解释
If you'll just look, I'll explain.
当医生的还怕这个
It's not like you to be squeamish.
你看 机器周围都是血
See, there's blood all over the machine,
地板上 箱子上也都是血
all over the floor, all over these cartons.
但是! 安全板上没有血
But! There's none on the safety guard.
就是说有人事后把板换掉了
Which means it was replaced afterwards.
有些女工反映说
Some of the women said they were asked to work
她们被要求不用安全板工作 这样更快
without the safety guard, that it slowed them down.
也就是说工厂安全措施做得不到位
Which makes the factory guilty of negligence,
但不构成谋杀
but not of murder.
上个礼拜 在厂里 黛西来找我
Last week at the factory, Daisy approached me.
她说她发现迦斯金在做非法勾当
She said she'd found out Gaskin was up to something illegal.
但她没敢具体说?
But she didn't venture to say what?
她打算先找出证据
She was going to find evidence.
你怎么没早告诉我这事?
And you didn't think to mention this earlier?
她偷偷告诉我的
She told me in confidence,
而且这也不算是个明确罪状 对吧?
and it's hardly a concrete accusation, is it?
算不上
No.
但这让我更好奇迦斯金究竟在做什么
But it does make me want to find out more about what Gaskin was up to.
这太可笑了 你都不能靠近那工厂
It's tricky, given that you can't get anywhere near the factory,
不过如果他还想补
whereas he'll have to let me back in
今天早上那针的话 他得让我进
if he wants the injection he missed this morning.
恕我直言 我觉得 比起我他更烦你
Forgive me, but I think he likes you even less than he likes me.
不过... 也许有个人能帮上忙
But perhaps... there's someone else we could send in.
玛萨·德里斯克?
Martha Driscoll?
是的... 迦斯金小姐
Yes... Miss Gaskin.
以前有工作经验么?
And you've no previous experience?
我以前做过贵妇的贴身女仆
I was a lady's maid, once.
这儿恐怕没什么贵妇 玛萨
Well, I'm afraid there are no ladies here, Martha.
哦...
Oh...
从没在工厂做过? 没操作过机器?
Never worked in a factory before, never operated machinery?
呃 是的
Uh, no.
恐怕我这没有合适的职位
I'm afraid there's nothing for you.
但我很虚心好学的
But I am very keen to learn.
是这样... 我急需钱
You see... I need the money.
我妈得了流感 还有...
My mother has the influenza, and...
我阿姨就是死于流感
My aunt died of influenza.
啊
Ugh.
不过 有人说过
There is one thing I can do, though,
有件事我做的比任何人都好
better than almost anyone else, I've been told.
什么事?
Yes?
我泡的茶好喝至极
I make a very enjoyable cup of tea.
如果我需要帮助 我会跟你开口的
If I needed help, I would have asked for it.
- 迦斯金小姐让你来的? - 是
- Miss Gaskin sent you? - Yes.
那我得多照顾你了吧
Suppose I'm stuck with you then.
- 谢谢 你叫...? - 凯迪
- Thank you, Miss...? - Hetty.
我叫玛萨
I'm Martha.
玛萨 你最好小心你的言行
Well, Martha, you'd better mind your Ps and Qs
否则 他们就该派你操作可怕的大机器了
or they'll move you onto one of those big machines first chance they get.
动起来 赶快走吧
Chop chop. Get a move on.
是骡子是马出来溜溜
Let's see what kind of brew you can turn out.
他是个好男人吗? 迦斯金先生?
Is he a nice man, Mr Gaskin?
我可不会用"好"字形容他
Nice isn't the word I'd use.
他结婚了? 还是单身?
Married? Single?
听着 我知道泡茶的小女生都爱聊八卦
Look, I know tea ladies have got a reputation for gossip,
但我不是这种人 好吗?
but that is not me, alright?
这是个累活 我们得伺候一整间工厂的人
This is a tough job. We have to serve the entire factory,
如果我工作进度慢了
and if we get behind with our work,
老板就会找我麻烦 我可不想这样
then the bosses will be on my back, which I don't need.
- 听明白了吗? - 明白
- Got that? - Got that.
我们先给迦斯金兄妹送
We do the Gaskins first.
我给弟弟送 他很挑剔 你给姐姐送
I'll do him. He's particular. You do her.
我要说什么特别的话吗?
Do I have to say anything special?
她又不是血腥女皇
She's not the bloody Queen.
那我练的屈膝礼无用武之地咯?
So I practised my curtsey for nothing, then?
下次我没让进来 你在外面等会行么?
Next time, can you wait before I call you in?
对不起
Sorry.
您的茶 小姐
Your tea, Miss.
谢谢
Thank you.
把他的茶放在桌上就行了
Just leave his on his desk.
谁知道他又哪瞎逛去了
Who knows where he's wandered off to?
监督女工可不叫瞎逛 乔伊斯
My supervising the ladies isn't wandering, Joyce.
这茶怎么变味了?
What's happened to this tea?
换种泡法 更好喝了
It's actually drinkable for a change.
我进门的时候迦斯金小姐正往上面写字呢
Miss Gaskin was writing in it when I came in.
她见你来了 就急忙把本子藏起来了?
And she tried to hide this book when she saw you?
是的 很迅速
Yes, right away.
她弟弟当时也在么?
Was her brother in the room?
嗯 当时不在
Um... not then, no.
嗯 我现在看到茶都想吐了
I'm not sure I ever want to see another cup of tea in my life.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
那是什么样的本子?
What sort of a book was it?
是日记么?
A diary?
那本书很小 我看得不太清楚
It was small enough, but I'm not really certain.
你能想办法拿到它么?
Could you find a way to get a hold of it?
那我得趁迦斯金夫人不在办公室才行
I'd have to find a time when Miss Gaskin was out of the office.
我很信任你 桃乐西
I have complete faith in you, Dot.
斯坦利夫人来了
Mrs Stanley is here.
擅自闯入可是个严重罪行啊 芙莱妮
Trespass is a serious charge, Phryne.
是不是那医生逼你的?
Did the Doctor put you up to this?
我向你保证 我没有擅自闯入
I can assure you I wasn't trespassing.
你知道罗德里克·迦斯金
Do you have any notion
向医院捐了多少钱吗?
just how much money Roderick Gaskin has donated to the hospital?
在我印象中 他可不是什么慈善大使
He didn't strike me as a particularly charitable type.
亲爱的 一个制♥造♥业商人
My dear, when a member of the manufacturing classes
想从我这花钱买♥♥体面
attempts to buy respectability,
我有什么理由拒绝呢?
who am I to say him nay?
你这么说也有道理
Ah, well, when you put it like that...
你最好警告那个医生
You'd best warn the doctor that...
这已经不是第一次有人投诉她了
that this is not the first time a complaint has been made.
什么?
Oh?
你知道的 我不是个大嘴巴
Well, you know I'm not one to speak out of turn.
如果坚持要问呢?
But if I insist?
董事会已经开始留意
The board has been made aware
这位医生...不太传统的行为了
of the doctor's more... unconventional activities.
她在我们背后干了什么
What she does behind closed doors
只有她本人和当事人知道
is a matter entirely between herself and her maker.
但迦斯金先生听到了些传闻
But Mr Gaskin has heard rumours
说她正在向工厂的女孩们
that she has been giving un-Christian advice
提供一些异教的建议
to some of the girls at the factory,
而如果你继续这些荒谬的调查
and he will be reporting this to the board
迦斯金先生会将此事上报董事会
if you continue your absurd crusade.
这后果可不容小觑
Not a threat to be taken lightly.
- 你拿反了 - 什么?
- It's upside down. - Sorry?
- 倒过来美女 - 原来如此
- Other way, love. - Oh, ta.
玛萨! 水开了
Martha! Urn's boiling.
快过来吧
Get a move on.
赛斯 伯特 早上好
Morning, Cec, Bert.
桃乐西去上班了吗
Did Dot get off to work alright?
嗯 我们给她停街角了
Yeah, dropped her round the corner.
打车上班的女工可没几个
剧集 | 费雪小姐探案集(2012) | 导航列表