$2,000 a head, right?
差不多
Give or take, yeah.
那如果你所有的牛
So if your entire herd were to be wiped out
因为某种原因全部死掉
by some kind of a... bovine holocaust,
你将获得约两百六十八万元的赔款
you'd receive $2.68 million, give or take.
你喜欢当农场主吗 麦金托什先生
You've enjoyed being a farmer, Mr. MacIntosh?
的确挺累的 但我不想改行做别的
It's hard work, but... I wouldn't change it, yeah.
其实你父亲把农场留给了你们兄弟俩
Your father actually willed the farm to you and your brother,
所以如果家畜死亡你俩都能获利
so you both stood to profit from the death of the herd.
等一下
No, wait a second.
如果你想说尤金是打算
I-If you're trying to say that Eugene was planning
毒死奶牛骗取保险的话...
to poison the cattle for the insurance...
其实我们是说 你们俩都打算这么做
Actually, we're saying that you both planned to poison the cattle.
我告诉你们他那晚说的话了
I told you what he said the other night.
说过他这么做的原因
I told you why he did what he did.
如果我们想靠奶牛赚钱
If we'd wanted to make money off the cows,
卖♥♥掉它们不就好了
we just would've sold them.
贩卖♥♥家畜过程还是挺困难的 对吧
Well, selling livestock is, of course, a quite difficult process, isn't it?
需要检疫 拍卖♥♥ 运输
You've got inspections, auctions, transport--
所有这些花费都会降低你最后的收益
all of these are expenses which would cut deeply into your payout.
可一次性弄死所有牲畜
I mean, wiping out the herd in one go...
性价比就高多了
far more cost-effective.
当然这需要一种能在其他人发现它们生病前
Of course, that would require an illness that could wipe them all out
就让其全部死掉的疾病
before anyone even knew they were sick.
炭疽热正好符合要求
Anthrax certainly fits the bill.
它对人类致死率低
It's only occasionally deadly to humans,
但对牲畜是绝对致命的
almost always fatal to cows,
而且出现在奶牛场的饲养场
and it's naturally occurring in the feedlots
和土壤中也很自然
and soil of cattle farms.
如果这病害死了你的牛
Had it decimated your cows,
没有人会怀疑
no one would've batted an eyelid.
你哥哥坐牢的经历派上了用场
Your brother's time in prison came in handy.
查理·西蒙以前是个实验室技术员
Charlie Simon had been a lab tech--
他能做出炭疽菌
he could make the anthrax.
但就算你跟尤金加在一起
But even together, you and Eugene
也没有足够的钱付给他或支撑实验室运作
didn't have the money to pay for him or the lab.
于是尤金联♥系♥了他从前领袖军的旧友乔·贝
So Eugene reached out to an old Army pal, Joe Bey.
他同意提供资金
He agreed to bankroll the effort,
却不知道你哥哥已经没有从前那么激进了
not realizing that your brother had outgrown his radical leanings.
尤金从没打算要把炭疽菌交给他
Eugene never intended to hand over the anthrax.
他干嘛要交呢 匿名打给警方
And why would he? One anonymous phone call
告发贝要向议员投毒的计划
to the police about Bey's plan to poison congressmen,
贝就不会碍事了
he'd be out of the way.
这计划非常周密
It's quite a solid plan.
直到查理·西蒙碰上了一个小偷
Until Charlie Simon crossed paths with a pickpocket.
接下来 炭疽热的事就人尽皆知了
Next thing you know, anthrax is all over the news.
贝尔警探和我来到农场
Detective Bell and I come up to your farm,
你便决定牺牲你哥哥
so you decided to sacrifice your brother.
你对他的形容显得他仍然十分激进
You talked about him as if he were still a radical,
然后你给我们那个地址
and you gave us the address to a place
知道我们一定能找到乔·贝
where you knew we would find Joe Bey.
同时 你让尤金把炭疽菌带来给你
Meanwhile, you had Eugene bring you the anthrax,
你杀了他 伪装成
and you killed him and made it look like
他是要毒死牛群的样子
he was trying to poison your herd.
剩下的炭疽菌粉 你不得不藏起来
You hid the rest of the powder; you had to.
毕竟之后你还有一千头牛要弄死呢
You still had a thousand cows to slay somewhere down the road.
问题是 你把它藏在哪了呢
Question is, where did you hide it?
我们知道东西不在这里
We know it's not here.
昨天联调局和当地警♥察♥已经把这里翻了个底朝天
The Feds and local police combed every inch of this place yesterday.
简直是胡扯
This is such a crock.
我请你们马上离开
I want you to leave now.
我们当然会离开 不过要带上你
Oh, we're leaving. Not without you.
今早我们带着搜查令去了你妈妈家
We went to your mom's house this morning with a warrant.
在阁楼上找到了这些
Found these in her attic.
化验结果表明这跟我们在你农场发现的炭疽菌一致
The lab confirmed it's the same anthrax we found at your farm.
那肯定是尤金藏在那里的
Well, Eugene must have hidden it there.
但你妈妈说他一年都没去了
But she told us he hasn't been there in a year.
而你昨晚过去
She said you stopped by last night and asked
要求在阁楼里存放些东西
if you cold store a few things in the attic.
你没说那是什么
You didn't say what they were,
但却强调要你妈别碰它们
but you were very specific that she shouldn't touch them.
尤金妻子说 他在牢里学了些东西
According to his wife, Eugene learned a few things in prison.
看看你会怎样
Let's see how you fare.
阿里斯泰尔·摩尔
1946-2014
夏洛克·福尔摩斯 你什么时候也变得这么老套了
Sherlock Holmes, when did you become such a cliche?
站在坟墓前 耷拉着脑袋心事重重
Standing over a grave, head heavy with dark thoughts.
如果这是戏里的场景
If this were a scene in a play,
我一定会拒绝演出
I'd have refused to perform it.
我本是要去参加互助会的
I was on my way to a meeting.
今天我要发言
I'm supposed to speak, you know.
觉得这里能让我好好整理一下思绪
Well, I thought this would be a good place to collect my thoughts.
抱歉我让你失望了
I'm sorry I let you down.
你没让我失望
You didn't let me down.
你的行为与我没有关系
What you did has got nothing to do with me.
这个我懂
I understand that.
今天来这里是因为
Came here today because, um...
因为我非常爱你
...because I loved you very much.
我还想告诉你 我会想你的
And I wanted you to know that you'll be missed.
出自《等待戈多》
也有人在注视着我
"At me too someone is looking,
也有人
"At me too...
在对我说 他睡着了
"Someone is saying, he is sleeping...
他一无所知
"He knows nothing...
让他继续睡吧
let him sleep on."
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表