他是法国人 是个警♥察♥
He was French, a policeman.
因为没有一个系统能让
He grew frustrated that there was no system
他和他的同事们认出
by which he and his colleagues
以前逮捕过的罪犯
could identify captured criminals
所以他很郁闷
they had arrested before.
然后他就发明了一个
So he devised one.
他以他们的生理特征来给他们分类
He began cataloguing them by their physical features,
很快他就发现了人耳
and he soon noticed something quite unusual
是不同寻常的
about the human ear.
没有两只耳朵是一样的
No two are alike.
它们就像指纹一样独特
They are as unique as fingerprints.
这就是为什么罪犯入案要拍面部照片
This is why mug shots are taken in profile.
他认为拍到耳朵的全貌
He believed it crucial to capture
是非常重要的
a full view of the ear.
真有意思
That's very interesting.
为什么他的照片在这
Why is his picture here?
因为这个案子让我不得不怀疑
Because this case has forced me to confront
他可能是错的
the possibility that he was wrong.
看看这耳垂 耳轮的厚度
Note the lobes, the thickness of the helices,
和外耳的深度
the depth of the conchae.
一模一样
Mmm, they're identical.
但伯迪隆先生
And yet Monsieur Bertillon
会告诉我们那是不可能的
would tell us that's impossible.
好吧 我们假设你关于莎拉是对的
Okay, let's say you're right about Sarah.
我们假设是她在幕后谋划一切
Let's say she is behind everything.
她找到了跟她耳朵很像的人
She found someone who had ears that looked like hers.
她绑♥架♥了那个人
She kidnapped that person,
然后把她的耳朵寄给戈登
and then she sent her ears to Gordon.
你能想象要找到跟一个人耳朵一样的人
Can you imagine the time and effort it would take one person
要花多少时间和精力吗
to find his or her ear twin?
如果这种事真的存在的话
Assuming such a thing even exists?
-好吧 假设她做到了 -那还是无法解释
- Okay, let's say she did. - It still wouldn't explain
那个人的DNA是如何出现在一把
how that person's DNA could work its way onto a brush
从2010年的犯罪现场采集到的梳子上的
recovered from a crime scene in 2010.
我们之前看的新闻报道
The news report we watched earlier,
说莎拉的现任丈夫是个整形医生
it said that Sarah's new husband was a plastic surgeon,
对吧
did it not?
对 怎么了
Yes. Why?
曾经有个人叫肖恩·门克
There once was a man named Shawn Menck.
他的家 臭气熏天
His home smelled so bad it done stank.
他骑着自行车 四处抢钱
He rode on his bike, he took what he liked,
但他有个木头脑袋 愚蠢无边
and his head was thick as a plank.
我已经坐在这儿等候多时
Now, that is how long I've been sitting here
肖恩 你终于回来了
waiting for you, Shawnee, to come home.
时间久得我都写了一首诗了
Enough time to write a limerick.
我不知道你是谁
I don't know who you are,
但你有五秒钟...
but you got about five seconds...
你知不知道你的自行车有多丑
Do you have any earthly idea, mate, how ugly your bicycle is?
简直太夸张了
I mean, it's ridiculous.
我只给附近的十个人看了它的照片
I only showed the picture to ten people in this neighborhood
就足以找到你
before I traced it back to you.
你为街角的印度饭店
Now, you work for the local Indian restaurant
做送外卖♥♥的工作
around the corner making deliveries.
当你送外卖♥♥的时候
When you make those deliveries,
你就抢劫 我是怎么知道的呢
you mug people. Now, how do I know this?
你那辆丑车子在两个犯罪现场被看见过
Your ugly bicycle was seen at the scene of two of the crimes.
当然 在你抢我之前我没有注意到
Now, I didn't notice it when you mugged me, of course,
坦白地讲 我当时喝多了
'cause quite frankly, well, I was in my cups.
听着 伙计...
Listen, man...
三起抢劫案都发生在
All three robberies occurred
你值班时的
inside the delivery radius
送外卖♥♥范围内
and when you were on a shift.
不光如此
And not only that--
当我闯进你家时我发现了
I mean, I discovered when I broke in here,
成堆的证据 包括我自己的钱包
mounds of evidence, including my very own wallet.
这一切让我觉得
You know, I found the whole experience
一点都不刺♥激♥ 我是说...
completely underwhelming. I mean...
我以为案子会更加复杂一点的
I thought there'd be a bit more cloak-and-dagger,
会有更多追逐的乐趣 但是没有
a bit more thrill of the chase, but no, no.
实际上 我现在比开始时
In fact, I'm actually more depressed now
更加抑郁了
than I was when I first started.
所以 肖恩 现在我要向你
So, now, what I'm gonna ask you for, Shawnee, is, uh...
要回我的钱
is for my money back.
然后我就可以离开这儿 去酒吧
So I can leave here and I can go to the pub
好好地喝一杯了
and buy myself a nice, refreshing pint.
不不不 别这样
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't do that.
这次不会让你再偷袭我了 伙计
No creeping up on me this time, mate.
搞错没
Really?
太弱了
Come on.
很感谢你能来
We appreciate you coming in.
当然
Of course.
你们在电♥话♥里说有几个问题
You said on the phone you had some questions?
是的 第一个问题是
Uh, we do. First among them,
你能站起来 然后弯腰摸到脚趾吗
would you be so kind as to stand up and, uh, touch your toes?
一个很简单的要求 但你做不到
A simple enough command, and yet it confounds you.
很好 第二个问题
Very well. Question number two:
我们能看一下你的后背吗
Can we take a look at your back?
我不知道你们在干什么
I don't know what's going on here,
但我不觉得这很有趣
but I don't think this is very funny.
你不想让我们看你的后背 因为
You don't want us to see your back, because then
我们会看到手术的伤口
we would see the surgical scars.
那就是你坐着的时候背挺得很直的原因 对吗
That's why you've been sitting with your back so straight, isn't it?
组织还在愈合过程中
The tissue's still healing,
你不想把伤口扯开
and you do not wish to agitate it.
我几天前做了癌症切除手术
I had some cancer removed a few days ago.
让我猜猜 是两个...
Let me guess. Two growths...
长这样的东西吧
looked a lot like these?
我不知道...
I don't know...
昨晚 我在想
Last night, I was wondering
这些耳朵为何会和你的浴室里
how those ears could be a genetic match for strands
那把梳子上的头发基因匹配
of hair on a brush taken from your bathroom.
你说那把梳子不是你的
You said the brush was not yours.
但那些耳朵 跟你的一模一样
And yet those ears, identical to your own,
就像我说的 DNA是匹配的
and as I've already said, the DNA's a match.
然后我突然想到 你说梳子是别人的
Then it occurred to me, you lied when you said
那是在说谎 那是你的梳子
the brush belonged to someone else. It was yours.
耳朵也是你的 对吧
The ears are yours, too, right?
只是它们不是从你脑袋上割下来的
It's just they didn't come from your head.
你知道这听起来有多疯狂吗
You realize how crazy this all sounds?
在查尔斯·范甘迪医生1997年
People thought Dr. Charles Vacanti was crazy
在白鼠背上培育出一只人耳时
when he grew what looked like a human ear
人们也觉得他很疯狂
on the back of a lab mouse in 1997.
但我不这么觉得
I, myself, did not.
耳朵基本都是软骨构成的 也就是说
Ears are mostly cartilage, which means
一旦被毁坏就很难修复
they're very difficult to repair once damaged.
而且它们的形状很复杂
They also have a very complicated shape.
范甘迪医生发明了一种在可降解
Dr. Vacanti devised a method for growing human cartilage
耳形支架上培育人体软骨的方法
on a biodegradable ear-shaped scaffold.
在宿主的皮肤下植入支架
You place the scaffold beneath the subject's skin,
它会慢慢溶解
and it dissolves over time,
最后只剩下软骨
leaving nothing but the cartilage.
如果你对这些不熟悉
If you're not familiar with the process,
可以去跟你丈夫聊聊
I encourage you to bend your husband's ear.
他是名整形医生
Not only is he a plastic surgeon;
而且以前也做过这种手术 我们查证过
he's done this kind of work before. We checked.
他搭建了一对跟你耳朵一模一样的骨架
He built two scaffolds that looked just like your ears,
然后移植到你背上
and then planted them in your back.
三天前 他把它们切除下来
Three days ago, he cut them off
寄给了你前夫
and he sent them to your ex.
接下来 就剩收赎金了
After that, it was a matter of collecting the ransom.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表