"现在你的手恢复了
"Now that your hand's better,
谁来帮我们这摇油漆呢"
who's gonna shake all the paint around here"
好吧 这品位真是太奇葩了
Okay, that is in questionable taste.
这是同事们庆祝我通过持枪资格重审送的礼物
It was a gift from the guys for passing my firearms requalification.
我觉得 在这种情况下
Far as I'm concerned, under the circumstances,
随他们怎么开玩笑都行
they can joke all they want.
我也为你高兴 知道吗
Well, you know I'm happy for you, too, right?
那就证明给我看 我们周五下班有个聚会
Prove it. A bunch of us are getting together after work Friday.
你也该来
You should come.
带上你的搭档
Your partner, too.
你叫我来就是为这个吗
Is that why you asked me here?
请我们去参加聚会
To invite us to a party?
其实我有事求你和福尔摩斯帮忙
Actually, I was hoping to catch you and Holmes.
几个月前 我在办一起纽约东区的谋杀案
A few months back, I was working a homicide out of East New York.
一名叫夸米·马坦兹的毒贩
Drug dealer named Quame Martenz
枪杀了一个社区里的孩子
shot and killed a neighborhood kid.
我们怀疑马坦兹和先前的另几起枪杀案有关
We've liked Martenz for other shootings before,
但这是第一次有目击者愿意开口作证
but this is the first time a witness was willing to talk.
至少她一开始愿意
At least she was at first.
她叫妮可·沃金斯 18岁
Name's Nicole Watkins. She's 18.
助理地检官今早联络我说
ADA's office called me this morning,
她又害怕退缩了
said she got cold feet.
她让地检署不要再打给她 人也不见踪影
Told the DA's Office to stop calling and dropped out of sight.
你认为她被马坦兹威胁了
You think Martenz threatened her?
这是合理猜测
It's a good guess.
地检署下达了关键证人强制令
DA's Office issued a material witness order,
但没人知道她的行踪
but no one can find her.
我想也许你们能帮忙留意一下
Thought maybe you guys could lend some extra eyes?
如果她不愿作证的话 马坦兹又能逍遥法外了
I'm guessing if she doesn't testify, Martenz walks.
也许是的
Probably.
一旦我们有发现 我立刻通知你
All right, I will let you know if we come up with anything.
要是我们找到她 你就用那玩意帮我摇一杯马提尼酒
We find her, you're making me a Martini with that thing.
早啊 谢尔曼
Morning, Sherman.
想我了吗
Miss me?
谁在那
Who's there?
请住手
Please... stop.
我不想死
I don't want to die.
死者名叫巴瑞·格兰杰
Name's Barry Granger.
医学院博士 到达时已死亡
MD, Ph.D. DOA.
实验室助理今早发现他的时候就是这样
Lab assistant found him like this this morning,
膝盖上放着自杀遗言
with this suicide note in his lap.
"抱歉 那都是真的
"I'm sorry it's all true.
我无法容忍♥自己的所作所为
"I can't live any longer with what I've done.
巴瑞"
Barry."
对于这样实验室来说 氦气很常用
Helium is common in labs like this.
虽然听着有点变♥态♥
And as morbid as it sounds,
但这的确是自杀的好方法
it's supposed to be a good way to go.
你的身体不会有缺氧反应
Your body doesn't even know it's not receiving oxygen.
你只是睡了过去 但再也不会醒来
You just go to sleep. And you never wake up.
换句话说
In other words,
至少表面看来 这个男人用了工作地点
at least by appearances, this man used what was handy
随手可得的东西方便地了结了自己
in the workplace to provide himself with a convenient exit.
当然 你们一定发现了可疑之处
But of course you have your suspicions.
否则也不会叫我们来
Or else we wouldn't be here.
格兰杰是今早第一个到实验室的
Granger was the first one in this morning.
实验室助理到的时候发现只有他一个
Lab assistant found him alone.
汗湿的运动服
Sweaty running clothes.
淋浴间里是湿的
Shower stall in there is wet.
所以格兰杰博士是跑步上班
So Dr. Granger ran to work.
然后在这换了衣服
And then changed here.
谁会在自杀前这么做
Who does that before killing themselves?
一心求死的人还有心思锻炼身体吗
It's not like a suicidal guy would worry about staying in shape.
你觉得是怎么回事
So what do you think?
有人用枪指着他 逼他这么做吗
Someone put a gun to his head, forced him to do this?
凶手没那么笨
Nothing quite so clumsy.
来看看这个
Have a look at this.
门缝底下和地板上
Tacky residue on the bottom of the door.
有粘性的残留物
And on the floor...
应该有人用胶带封住了门缝
as if someone has taped the gap shut.
给我弄点毒不死我们的粉末
I need something powdery that won't kill us.
随便你拿什么
Surprise me.
介意告诉我们你在干什么吗
Care to tell us what you're doing?
再等会儿
Just a moment.
我认为你说得对
I think you're right.
格兰杰博士是被谋杀的
Dr. Granger was murdered.
他在淋浴的时候 吸入某种气体窒息死亡
He was asphyxiated with gas while he showered.
很有可能是氦气 这样尸检结果
Most likely with helium so the M.E.'s findings
就和表面看起来的吻合
would match the narrative that we were meant to believe.
凶手用了三根软管
The killer taped three hoses--
一根 两根 三根
une, deux, trois--
从门缝下通入气体 并用胶带封死门缝
under the doorway. Sealed the gap with tape.
等被害人失去直觉以后
Once the victim had lost consciousness...
把他擦干 穿上衣服 摆成这个样子
he was dried, clothed, and staged.
有监控录像吗
Any security videos?
实验室里没有
There's none in the lab.
工作人员说因为实验的内容涉及机密
The staff says that's 'cause the work was confidential.
我来的路上注意到有几个探头 但
I did notice a few on the way in, but...
从凶手对实验室的了解和布置出的假象看
Given the knowledge of the lab and the victim that this murder demonstrates,
很可能凶手知道怎么逃避摄像头
it's likely the killer knew how to avoid them.
我去调取监控录像
I'm gonna pull the security video.
如果走运有线索 立刻通知你们
I'll let you know if we get lucky.
不好意思
Excuse me...
你知道"那都是真的"指的是什么吗
Any idea what "It's all true" refers to?
几周前 格兰杰博士发表了一篇
A few weeks ago, Dr. Granger published
有关我们正在研究的课题成果的论文
the results of a study that we were doing.
有个读者上周发电邮给发表论文的杂♥志♥
Last week, a reader e-mailed the journal it was in,
声称实验结果都是伪造的
and said the results were faked.
到底是不是呢
Were they?
我不清楚
I wouldn't know.
不过他对此非常恼火
But, uh, he was up in arms about it.
这样的指控足以毁了一个人的学术生涯
An accusation like that can ruin a guy's career.
你们是研究什么的
What were you studying?
回答这个问题有什么困难吗
Is something troubling about that question?
不 我想帮忙破案
No, I want to help.
我只是不知道我可以透露多少 我签过保密协议
I-I just don't know what I'm allowed to say. I signed an NDA.
那你应该可以告诉我们格兰杰博士
Surely you can tell us about the contents
论文的内容 反正那都发表了
of Dr. Granger's article-- that's been made public.
那不如你告诉我们谁让你签的保密协议
Perhaps you give us the name of the person who asked you
我们直接去问他
to sign the NDA and we can pose our questions to them?
这真是我一生中最糟的一天
This has to be the craziest day of my life.
要我说巴瑞·格兰杰的更糟
I'd say Barry Granger had a crazier one.
巴瑞是我的朋友
Barry was my friend.
我万分悲痛
I'm devastated.
这一切来得太突然了
But I'm also personally screwed by all this.
所以请原谅我有些情绪失控
So excuse me if I'm a little shell-shocked.
你愿意解释一下你和格兰杰博士的关系
Would you be so kind as to explain your relationship
以及他所从事的研究吗
to Dr. Granger and the work he was doing.
我们此刻对你的遭遇深表遗憾
I'm sure we'll feel awful for you momentarily.
你手上拿的仪器
That device that you're holding
叫做呼气式癌症测试仪
is a breathalyzer that detects cancer.
我读过有关这可以在理论上实现的文章
Well, I read about that being possible in theory.
狗能嗅出他们的主人罹患癌症的味道
Dogs being able to smell when their owners have cancer.
显然癌细胞会释放出一种和健康细胞不同的气体
Apparently cancer cells give off different gasses than healthy ones.
而这个仪器可以从你的呼气中探测出这种气体
And this device is meant to detect them in your breath.
你的公♥司♥拿到专利了吗
Your company holds the patent?
这和格兰杰博士有什么关系
Dr. Granger's connection?
他负责临床实验
He was running clinical trials.
100个实验体患了肺癌
A hundred subjects known to have lung cancer,
100个没有
a hundred who don't.
是个随机双盲实验来证实"猎犬"的有效性
It's a blind study to see if The Hound gets it right.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表