就是这间公♥寓♥的主人发明的
the guy who owns this apartment invented it,
还有这国家一半的电脑
along with half the computers in the country.
伊恩·盖尔
Ian Gale.
我去年才读过他的自传
I just read his autobiography last year.
挺不错的人
Impressive man.
开什么玩笑 他可是个偶像
Are you kidding me? He is an icon.
我敢肯定他也一次戴一只耳塞
I'm sure he puts his ear buds in one at a time,
跟我们一样
just like the rest of us.
贝尔警探
Detective Bell?
是我
That's right.
你不是伊恩·盖尔
You're not Ian Gale.
对 我是阿兰·贝克 盖尔先生的律师
No. I'm Alan Becker, Mr. Gale's lawyer.
一旦有带着警徽的人来找盖尔先生
Someone with a badge shows up looking for Mr. Gale,
我就会出现
you get me.
我知道泰勒小姐是谁
Yes, I am aware who Miss Tyler is.
曾经是谁
Was.
如果你们需要
If you'd like,
我的办公室可以帮忙联♥系♥她的亲戚
my office can assist in contacting next of kin.
谢了 但我们已经找到了她母亲
Thanks, but we've already reached out to her mom.
我们说话的时候她正在来纽约的路上
She's on her way to New York as we speak.
我不能跟你们讨论
I'm not at liberty to discuss the nature
盖尔先生和泰勒小姐的关系
of Mr. Gale's relationship with Miss Tyler,
但我确定我可以代表伊恩和整个盖尔集团
but I'm sure I can speak for Ian and all of Galeforce
表达对这个噩耗的震惊和悲痛
in expressing our shock and sadness at this horrible news.
我们想听盖尔先生
We'd like to hear Mr. Gale express
亲自表达他的震惊和悲痛
his shock and sadness himself.
而且我们已经差不多了解了
And we already have a pretty good sense
他们的关系
of the nature of the relationship.
我们想问问盖尔先生
What we would like to ask Mr. Gale is
他们的关系是如何结束的
how the relationship ended.
情人间的争吵
Lover's quarrel?
泰勒小姐威胁要公诸于众 告诉他妻子
Did Miss Tyler threaten to go public? Tell his wife?
她不再满足于当第三者了吗
Was she no longer satisfied being the other woman?
盖尔先生不方便见人
Mr. Gale is unavailable,
而且我可以保证 他跟她的死无关
and I can assure you, he had nothing to do with her death.
你不问问他怎么知道
How would you know that without asking him?
他在吉隆坡
He's in Kuala Lumpur.
他已经去了一个多月
He has been for over a month.
看这个
Here.
这是大概12小时前
This was recorded about 12 hours ago
一个马来西亚当地新闻频道拍的
by a local Malaysian news channel.
他在那里监督
He's there overseeing the plans
新的芯片装配厂的方案
for the new chip assembly plant.
我能问问从纽约飞到吉隆坡
Should I bother asking how long a flight is
要用多长时间吗
from New York to Kuala Lumpur?
大概要用一天
It's about a day.
真是确凿的不在场证明
Well, that is quite a compelling alibi.
只不过录像里的人不是伊恩·盖尔
Except the man in that video is not Ian Gale.
你说什么
Excuse me?
你们雇了一个长得像他的替身
You've hired a stand-in, a look-alike.
政♥治♥家和暴君从摄像机出现
Politicians and tyrants have been doing it
就开始这么干了
for as long as there have been cameras,so,
为什么总裁不能这么干呢
why shouldn't CEOs join the club?
对视频中那辆越野车的
A search for the make and year of the SUV
外观和出厂时间的搜索显示
in that video yields a vehicle height
它的高度是六英尺四英寸
of precisely six foot, four inches.
爬进车里的那个人
The man who climbed into it
比车顶要矮五英寸
was a good five inches shorter than the roof.
真正的伊恩·盖尔
The real Ian Gale
是个身高六尺一的大个子
is an impressive six foot, one.
这确实是个神奇的设备
It's a magnificent device.
如果盖尔先生在这我会谢谢他 但他不在
I would thank Mr. Gale himself if he were here, but he's not.
既然他不在 为什么你不告诉我们呢
Since he's not, why don't you tell us?
是他自己杀了海莉·泰勒
Did he murder Haley Tyler himself,
还是公♥司♥雇人替他做的
or did the company hire someone to do that for him, too?
这次会面到此为止
This meeting is over.
你好
Hello?
早上好 乔恩 我是麦考夫
Good morning, Joan. It's Mycroft.
我吵到你了吗
Did I wake you?
有一点 有什么事吗
Um... A little. Is everything okay?
好吧
Well,
我这么早打电♥话♥是因为
the reason I'm calling so early is,
我想知道 夏洛克没什么事吧
I was wondering, is everything okay with Sherlock?
为什么这么问
Why do you ask?
他本来应该昨晚在饭店
Well, he was supposed to meet me here
跟我见面的 但他没有出现
at the restaurant last night. He never showed.
我给他打了很多次电♥话♥ 都没人接
I've tried his cell a few times, no answer.
我就有点担心了
I was just a bit concerned.
我们昨晚熬到很晚
Well, we were up pretty late
试着寻找那位失踪的亿万富翁
trying to locate a missing billionaire.
在我去睡觉时他仍然在忙这事
He was still at it when I went to bed.
这已经是他第三次放我鸽子了
Did you know this is the third time he's stood me up?
你还不了解你的弟弟吗
Have you met your brother?
这是我回去前最后一个有空的晚上了
Well, this is my last available night before I go,
所以 如果你不介意的话...
so, if you wouldn't mind...
我会确保他去的
I will make sure he is there.
早上好
Good morning.
嗯
Yup.
那就是还在找伊恩·盖尔的意思喽
Oh. I take it the search for Ian Gale is still on?
有什么进展吗
Any progress?
整理下思路 确定一些事实
Of a sort. Establishment of facts,
排除他不会出现的地方
elimination of places he is not.
比如说 他已经有大概六周没有
He has not, for example, been seen at his office or any
在他的办公室或其它住所被见过了
of his known residences for perhaps as long as six weeks.
我也排查了其它
I also reviewed other,
他在国外时可能被公众
ostensible public appearances of his
见到的场合 我已经确定
during his trip abroad, and I have confirmed
每次出现的都是替身
it was the stand-in every time.
不管是什么促成了泰勒小姐的死亡
Whatever events precipitated Miss Tyler's death,
看起来伊恩·盖尔和他的公♥司♥
it seems that Ian Gale and his company
已经准备了一段时间了
have been preparing for some time.
我还是不明白
I still don't get it.
为什么世界上最大的公♥司♥之一
I mean, why would one of the biggest corporations
会帮助它的总裁掩盖谋杀呢
on the planet help its CEO commit and cover up a murder?
我打赌事情的答案
Well, I'll wager that the answer
最终会归结于"金钱"
will ultimately boil down to "Money."
同时 我找到了乐观地认为
In the meantime, I've found cause for optimism
盖尔可能还在纽约的原因
that Gale might still be in New York.
他的私人飞机在把冒牌货送到马来西亚
His private jet came straight back here
以后就直接回到了这里
after depositing the imposter in Malaysia.
然后再也没被使用过
Hasn't been used since.
我已经让我在纽约最好酒店的
I put out feelers to some of my contacts
耳目们留意了
at New York's finest hotels.
我也建议警方去调查一下
I've also advised the police to surveil the homes
他那些密友的家 运气好的话
of some of his closest friends. Any luck,
我们可以直接问他那些问题了
we'll be able to pose those questions to the man himself.
你没告诉我你昨晚本来
You didn't tell me that you were
应该和麦考夫吃晚饭的
supposed to have dinner with Mycroft last night.
-我和他有约吗 -他今早打给我
- Was I supposed to? - Well, he called me this morning--
他很担心你
he was worried about you.
他今晚还会等你
He wants to try again tonight.
如果我们今天能将海莉·泰勒的凶手
Well, if we manage to bring Haley Tyler's killer to justice today,
绳之以法 那我会很高兴地去见他
then I'll be more than happy to accommodate him.
如果我们不能的话 试着
And if we don't, just try
记得你现在有一位搭档了
and remember that you have a partner now.
所以 我可以
So, I can still
在你晚餐的时候跟进这个案子 对吧
work the case while you have dinner, right?
不幸的是 你规定的平衡法则
Unfortunately, the balancing act which you prescribe
可能是没必要的 看起来
may prove unnecessary-- it seems that
找到伊恩·盖尔好像没我想的那么难
finding Ian Gale may not be as challenging as I had thought.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表