We've got a mission here.
要保护纽约市
It's to protect this city
及这里的居民
and the citizens that live in it.
你们每天都在践行这个使命
You are all part of that effort every day.
大多数人为你们自己及局里带来了荣耀
Most of you do yourselves and this department proud.
为此 我衷心向你们表示感谢
And for that, I want to thank you.
但如果有人仍然对我调用
But if anybody has a problem with how I utilize
手中资源的方式心存不满
all the tools at my disposal,
不管是福尔摩斯和华生还是咖啡机
be it Holmes and Watson or the coffee machine...
都可以自行离开
there's the door.
继续工作吧
Back to work.
我又考虑了一下你对我
I've given further consideration to your rebuke
表现友好的能力的斥责
regarding my capacity for niceness.
我没想要斥责你
I didn't mean it as a rebuke.
我只是想跟你好好谈谈
I was trying to have a conversation.
怎样都好
Either way.
你说得有理
You have a point.
毫无疑问
There is unquestionably
以礼待人确有其社会功效
a certain social utility to being polite.
还包括留心其他人的敏感反应
To maintaining an awareness of other people's sensitivities.
及表现出归于"友好"这个词
To exhibiting all the traits that might
范畴内的所有特性
commonly be grouped under the heading "Nice".
我觉得你会惊讶于
Hmm. I think you'll be surprised
表现"友好"是多么容易
how easy it is to earn that designation.
不
No.
我不是个友好的人
I am not a nice man.
你要明白这点 这很重要
It's important that you understand that.
你会因此节约大量时间跟精力
It's going to save you a great deal of time and effort.
你不可能慢慢诱导我
There is not a warmer, kinder me
变得更加温和友善
waiting to be coaxed out into the light.
我生性尖刻
I am acerbic.
甚至可以很无情
I can be cruel.
我就是这个样子
It's who I am.
从里到外彻头彻尾都是
Right to the bottom.
我既不以此为傲 也不觉得羞愧
I'm neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it.
这只是个事实
It simply is.
而在我的工作中 我的本性更多时候
And in my work, my nature has been an advantage
不是个阻碍 倒是个优点
far more often than it has been a hindrance.
我不会做出改变的
I'm not gonna change.
可你已经变了
You have.
你跟我一年半前遇见的人已截然不同
You're not the same person I met a year and a half ago.
-你... -对你变好了 对
- You're... - Good to you? Yeah.
在大多数情况下
For the most part.
我觉得你
I consider you to be...
不同寻常
exceptional.
所以我也付出额外的努力来适应你
So I make an exceptional effort to accommodate you.
但你必须得接受事实 只要你还选择
But you must accept that, for as long as you choose
继续留在我身边 我的行为就会偶尔
to be in my life, there will occasionally be fallout
导致这样的后果
from my behavior.
在这一点上我们必须达成共识
That must be a part of our understanding.
没有谁能永远接受这种事
No one can accept something like that forever.
要做真实的自己 华生
To thine own self, Watson.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表