你知道她是怎么支付这项研究的吗
Have you any sense as to how she paid for the study?
我当然知道她是如何支付的
I know exactly how she paid for it.
她通过她人寿保险的离世前结算来付现
She cashed in her life insurance for a viatical settlement.
离世前结算是指患不治之症者
A viatical settlement is a repugnant, predatory arrangement
向第三方以低于到期收益价出♥售♥
whereby a terminally ill patient
人寿保险单以便
signs away their future life insurance payment
活着时享用的安排
in exchange for a monthly cash advance.
支付那些费用的公♥司♥或个人
The company or individual making
本质上是打赌他们的客户
those payments is essentially betting that their client
会在支付的数额超过保险价值之前就死去
will die before the payments surpass the value of the policy.
在霍林沃斯女士的案子里 守株待兔的
In Ms. Hollingsworth's case, the vulture circling overhead
是一家叫离世帮手公♥司♥的雇员
was an employee of a company called Helping Hands Viaticals.
那人的名字是詹姆斯·迪兰
That man's name was James Dylan.
方程看起来很简单
The equation seems simple enough.
她活得越久 你得到的利益越少
The longer she lived, the less profit for you.
事实上 按照这地方的雇佣条例
In fact, according to the terms of employment of this place,
如果她活得比人寿保险规定的久
if she outlives the value of her life insurance policy,
你就要自己掏腰包了 所以看起来
the money comes out of your pocket. So it seems like...
你有让她去世的动机
you would have incentive to want her gone.
是的 但不意味着我杀了她
Yeah, well, that doesn't mean I killed her.
-她死的那晚上你在哪 -听着
- So where were you the night she died? - Look,
如果你们想聊这事的话 我们可以到别处
if you want to talk about this, we can go somewhere else.
而且你们要盘问我的话 我需要律师在场
And if you're gonna grill me, I want a lawyer there.
现在 我们有疗养院的新单子
Right now, we got new leads in from a nursing home,
我要电♥话♥跟进
and I got to hit the phones.
这地方是愤世嫉俗和绝望的悲惨场所
This place is a miserable warren of cynicism and despair.
你会觉得他们的雇员
You'd think they'd have a hard time
过得很惨
holding on to their employees.
但办公室却都是满的
And yet the cubicles are full.
你的一些同事甚至挂着文凭
Some of your colleagues even have diplomas on display.
所以看起来在如今的经济形式下
So it seems in this economy, your employers have no trouble
你的雇主不难吸引高学历的员工
in attracting the overqualified.
-所以呢 -所以
- Yeah. So? - So...
我在想他们是否知道你曾因重罪
I was wondering if they know that you're a convicted felon
蹲过监狱
who's spent time in prison.
-谁告诉你的 -看起来
- Who told you that? - Seems like
是个合理的问题
a fair question.
你是如何知道迪兰先生的犯罪记录的
How did you learn about Mr. Dylan's criminal record?
当我得知詹姆斯·迪兰卖♥♥给蕾达·霍林沃斯
When I learned that James Dylan had sold Rada Hollingsworth
离世保险时 我做了一些粗略的背景调查
her viatical, I did some cursory research into his background,
他的雇主们显然忽略了这一步
research his employers had apparently neglected to do.
这就是网络的妙处
That's the beauty of the Internet.
二十四小时不间断地接触到
24/7 access to everything from twerking kittens
从跳电臀舞的小猫到犯罪记录的内容
to criminal records.
迪兰先生在医院的病床上宣誓作证时
Mr. Dylan stated in a deposition given from his hospital bed
指出你是从他手♥机♥上发现这些信息的
that you discovered that information from his phone.
是在未经许可的前提下
Which you accessed without a warrant.
当你知道詹姆斯·迪兰是在撒谎会吃惊吗
Would it surprise you to learn that James Dylan is lying?
那倒不一定
Not necessarily.
但你确实喜欢引诱他人
But you do tend to attract people who lie about
为你的不法行为撒谎
your illegal behavior.
谁告诉你的
Who told you that?
-你说的 -那是我的电♥话♥
- Why, you did. - That's my phone!
你的拨出号♥码历史显示 你经常
According to your outgoing calls, you regularly contact
一周几次地联♥系♥一个本地号♥码
the same local number several times a week.
前缀是477
It has a 477 prefix.
和我们分局的一样
That's the same as our precinct.
是政♥府♥部门的号♥码
It's a municipal number.
-你偷了我的手♥机♥ -你的日历显示
- You stole this. - Your calendar says you have
你每周二都有一个反复出现的会面
a recurring commitment every Tuesday.
这些预约都没有标题
Now, there's no heading on that appointment,
所以我首先想到的是巴西人每周的聚会
so my first thought was weekly Brazilian, but then I noticed
但后来我注意到约会的地址是百老汇202号♥
the address of the Tuesday rendezvous. It's 202 Broadway,
结果 那是纽约州
which, as it turns out, is the office
-假释办公室的地址 -够了
- of the New York State Division of Parole. - Okay.
让我们到外面去说
Let's take this outside.
在蕾达·霍林沃斯被谋杀的那个晚上
On the night that Rada Hollingsworth was murdered,
我正在甘斯沃尔特街的
I was having a drink
沙基酒吧喝东西
at Sharkey's on Gansevoort Street.
你在假释期里不能去酒吧
And your presence in a bar is a violation of your parole.
是 在酒吧发生了点争执
Yeah, I got sent upstate after a bar fight.
我失控了 打伤了那家伙的腿
I got out of control and I broke this guy's legs.
所以 你想知道那晚怎么了
So on the particular night that you're asking about, okay...
那天我工作很不顺利
I had had a lousy day at work. I mean, whatever,
事实上每天都是
they're all lousy, actually, but on this particular day,
但在那天 我想去和朋友们喝酒
I just felt like having a couple of drinks with a friend.
在场的那些人都可以作证
Okay, there's at least a dozen people who can vouch.
我根本没和蕾达·霍林沃斯一起
I was nowhere near Rada Hollingsworth.
-我们需要你提供姓名和电♥话♥ -没问题
- We're gonna need names and numbers. - Okay, fine.
但是请别让我的假释官知道
But please, don't tell my parole officer.
詹姆斯·迪兰的同事证实了
James Dylan's associates confirmed
蕾达·霍林沃斯被害当晚
that he had indeed been drinking
他的确是在喝酒
at the time Rada Hollingsworth was killed,
所以他被排除嫌疑
so he was no longer a suspect.
你很清楚
You are aware, of course,
这是一起盗窃私人财产的案件
that it's a crime to steal private property?
我没偷东西
I stole no property.
我也没给詹姆斯·迪兰的假释官打电♥话♥
Nor did I call James Dylan's parole officer.
那么
So,
我们的调查回到原点
our investigation was back to square one.
通常情况下这意味着
Usually, this means a distraction
需要些东西分散注意力
of some sort is called for.
有意思
Interesting.
你没有下楼吃东西
Hey, you never came down to eat.
还剩了些
I had extra.
怎么了
What gives?
科学 是转移精力的最有效方法
Science-- the most potent distraction of all.
我一直在找这个
Hey, I've been looking for that.
什么事让你想分散注意力呢
Um, and what are you trying to distract yourself from?
詹姆斯·迪兰说他被召唤去
Silas Cole said he was summoned
蕾达·霍林沃斯的公♥寓♥
to Rada Hollingsworth's apartment,
我觉得是真正的凶手叫他去的
which makes me think that the actual killer did the summoning.
事实是 詹姆斯·迪兰
Indeed, Silas received a phone call
晚上八点四十接到了一通电♥话♥
from a disposable cell phone
来自一次性电♥话♥
8:40 P.M.
八点四十 不足为奇
8:40. That's not track.
蕾达的邻居在七点三十五
Rada's neighbor thought
以为她听到了车爆胎的声音
she heard a truck backfiring at 7:35.
那肯定是凶手杀她时
That had to be the shotgun blast
开枪的声音 为什么
that killed her, so, why would you
他会在七点三十五杀死蕾达
kill Rada at 7:35, then wait over an hour
又等了一个小时才叫塞拉斯去现场呢
before calling Silas to the scene?
确实
Why, indeed.
我一直在看蕾达的尸检
I've been considering Rada's autopsy.
她血液中钾含量22.4
Her blood potassium levels were 22.4.
相当高 对吧
That's quite high, isn't it?
对于死后几小时来说不是
Not for a body a few hours postmortem.
人死后细胞开始向血液
After you die, your cells start leaking potassium
释放钾
into the bloodstream.
所以你死得越久
So, the longer you've been dead,
钾含量越高
the higher your potassium level.
当然 如果你杀了蕾达
Of course, if you killed Rada,
还等一个小时后才打电♥话♥
then waited an hour before calling Silas,
除非是你想让她血液里的钾含量
it could be because you wanted the potassium
越来越高
in her blood to build up.
但这样做是为什么
Mm. And what would be the purpose of that?
我不知道
I don't know.
为了隐藏已经增加的钾含量吗
To conceal an already elevated potassium level?
氯化钾是一种很高效的
Potassium chloride is an extremely effective way
杀人手段
of killing someone.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表