联邦调查局怀疑遗失现金都到了他手上
Feds suspected the stolen cash ended up with him.
却立不了案
Couldn't make a case.
格茨是个放贷的 放给很多人
Gertz is a moneylender, used to run a book.
被抓过两次 从未被起诉
Collared twice, never indicted.
格茨先生很谨慎 他等了10多年
Mr. Gertz is a cautious man-- waited over a decade
才开始有所行动
before putting his dirty tender out on the street.
或许里奥绞死了他然后拿走了钱
Or maybe Leo garroted him and took it.
你有格茨先生的地址吗
You have an address for this Mr. Gertz?
没有现在的住址
Not a current one.
他有一个未缴停车费的裁决书
He's got a judgment against him for unpaid parking summonses.
执法官不知道上哪儿找他
City Marshals can't find the guy.
我正式宣布
It's official--
我在各方面都比纽约的执法官要强
I am superior in every way to the New York City Marshals.
你发现了格茨的藏身之处
You figured out where to find Gertz.
他姐姐艾达在布♥什♥维克开了家美甲沙龙
His sister Ida owns a nail salon in Bushwick.
这家店竟然维持经营了20多年
Somehow the business has managed to survive for over 20 years,
尽管身处镇上的重工业地区
despite being located in a heavily industrial part of town.
方圆十街区内没有一家美容相关的商店
Not another beauty-related business in a ten-block radius.
听起来像是个突破
Well, sounds like a front.
的确 那是什么
Indeed. What's that?
我得到了一些资料
I was able to get a little traction
可以帮我解决我朋友的事情
on the thing I was helping my friend with.
本世纪的头等案件 好吧
The case of the century? Yeah.
她是在劳动节周末遇见那个人的
I mean, she met the guy over Labor Day weekend,
当天也有巴西日游♥行♥
on the day of the Brazilian Day parade.
他们相遇的地方是巴西区的中心
Okay, the place she met him is, like, the heart of Little Brazil--
那晚那里一定很疯狂 所以
it would have been wild that night. So...
所以你认为本地新闻媒体
So you thought the local news media
会有那晚酒吧里的录像
might have footage from the bar that evening.
对 你知道的 他们喜欢这类东西
Yeah. Well, you know, they love all that stuff--
庆祝和游♥行♥之类的
celebrations and parades.
所以我打电♥话♥给第三频道 询问了一下
So I called Channel 3 and I asked around, and sure enough,
他们有那晚的拍摄花絮
they have B-roll from that night.
所以如果我幸运的话
So if I'm lucky,
-简和他的神秘男人会出现 -不好意思
- Jen and her mystery man are gonna be on it. - I'm sorry,
我不能让你继续沉浸在解决琐事上
I cannot indulge this trifle any longer.
我们有一个要紧的案子
We have a real case.
罗素·格茨的美甲店
Russell Gertz's nail salon
也就是放高♥利♥贷♥者的老窝等着我们呢
cum loan-sharking lair awaits.
我马上就来帮你
And I will be there in a minute.
那个男人是我
It was me.
我睡了你的朋友 应该说是糟蹋了
I slept with your friend-- ravaged, actually.
我就是托尼 我在那录像里
I'm Tony. I'm on that tape.
她这里长有美人痣 六英尺高
She has a beauty mark here, she has size six feet,
她喜欢咬指甲 多亏没别的了
she bites her nails and thankfully nothing else.
夏洛克
Sherlock.
-夏洛克 -那是一年前的事了
- Sherlock... - It was a year ago.
当时 你刚刚作为康戒陪护
You had only recently taken up residence here
住进这里
as my sober companion.
在极少数的情况下 你会给我几小时的
On those rare occasions that you would allow me a few hours
自♥由♥时间 我跟踪了你
unchaperoned time, I followed you.
通常你是去跑步或者去商店
Usually you went jogging or to the store.
我向你保证 这些监视没什么意思
It was not a riveting surveillance detail, I assure you.
但是有一次
But on one of those occasions,
我看到你和詹妮弗在一起
I saw you with Jennifer.
此前一直查不到你多少资料
Having gleaned little about you to this point,
那时我看到了机会
I saw an opportunity, hmm?
等到你走后 我接近她
I waited until you'd gone, and then I approached,
以来自长岛的托尼的名义
as Tony from Long Island, with the intention
本希望能让她多聊一下有关你的话题
of steering the conversation towards you.
不过 我们最后并没聊到你太多
Now, we didn't end up discussing you so much as...
你引诱了她
You seduced her.
事实上 是她
Actually, it was she
首先调情的
who initiated our dalliance.
她是一个积极主动的
She's an aggressive and,
也是个柔软的女人
I may say, limber woman, your friend.
一切都很好
It was good.
很明显 那一夜对她来说更为印象深刻
Evidently, not as memorable for me as it was for her...
够了 够了 我都不知该从何说起
Enough, enough. I don't even know where to begin.
我觉得 我们可以先谈谈
I mean, I guess we could start with the,
你刚刚轻描淡写带过的信任背叛
the major betrayal of trust that you just sort of breezed past.
-你过去常跟踪我吗 -那不是信任背叛
- You used to follow me? - It was not a breach of trust.
当时我们之间还没有信任 我们才刚认识
We did not have this yet. You were new.
为了让我对你有信心
In order to allow you into my confidence,
我需要先了解你
I needed to get a sense of you.
在我知道你是真心实意的 我就停止了跟踪
Once I was satisfied your intentions were sincere, I stopped.
从那之后再没有侵犯过你的隐私 对吧
I have not violated your privacy since. Hmm?
我
And I...
向你道歉
apologize.
你知道我帮她找人是在浪费时间
I was wasting my time, and you knew it.
当我告诉你这个案子的时候
You could've just told me what you'd done
你就应该告诉我你所做的一切
when I told you about the case.
你知道吗 向我道歉没用
Okay, and you know what? Apologizing to me isn't gonna fix this.
布♥什♥维克区的一家美甲店里
There may well be a dead loan shark
可能有一个已死的高♥利♥贷♥者在等我们
waiting for us in a Bushwick nail salon,
也许在去那里的路上 会想到解决办法
so perhaps a solution will present itself on the way there.
又是个活人
Alive. Again.
今天怎么就是遇不到死人
Why can't anyone be dead today?
格茨先生 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
Mr. Gertz, my name is Sherlock Holmes.
这是乔恩·华生医生
This is Dr. Joan Watson.
我们是纽约警局的顾问侦探
We are consulting detectives for the NYPD.
你手臂的淤青很严重
That's an ugly bruising on your arm.
没有勒痕
No ligature marks.
也许他逃过了里欧·巴尼的攻击
I thought perhaps he had survived an attack from Leo Banin,
但很明显你被他人所伤
but obviously you were accosted by someone else.
里欧什么
Leo who?
你认识里欧
You know Leo.
你借给他两万五千美金
You loaned him $25,000.
不好意思 我不知道你在说什么
Sorry. I don't know what you're talking about.
你想查问我
You want to ask me some questions,
去找真警♥察♥来
you're gonna have to go back and get some real cops.
你想趁这个时间清空高压灭菌器
You want us to do that so you can empty out your autoclave.
很奇怪 它竟然没有插电
Strangely, it's unplugged.
更奇怪的是 还挂着锁
Stranger still, it's been fitted with a padlock.
我不知道指甲锉和指甲刀有这么值钱
I didn't realize that emery boards and nail clippers were so valuable.
你将2001年抢劫银行
Is that where you keep the money
所得的钱 藏在那里了吧
that you bought from that bank job back in 2001?
或许你更聪明 将钱藏到更远的地方
Or are you smart enough to keep it someplace more remote?
格茨先生 和你做个交易
I've got a deal for you, Mr. Gertz.
告诉我们你知道的有关里欧·巴尼的一切
Tell us everything you know about Leo Banin,
我就不惊动各级警♥察♥
and I will not alert the various sundry authorities
他们可能对你的藏身之处很感兴趣呢
who might be interested in your whereabouts.
里欧 他
Leo, uh...
我母亲去世前 都是他帮忙照顾
he took care of my mom before she passed.
他在疗养院工作
He worked at the home.
他很爱讲道理 但人还不错
He was a bit preachy, but a nice guy,
在得知我的所作所为之后
at least until he learned what I did, and then,
我就变成了恶人
of course, I was the devil.
他来向你借钱
And yet he came to you for a loan.
他需要五万美金来让疗养院重新运营
Ah, he needed 50 grand to put the nursing home back on track.
他没有任何抵押品
He had no collateral,
所以我白借给了他两万五千美金
so I gave him 25 grand on the arm.
就当是他对我母亲照顾的回报
On account of the fact that he was nice to my mom.
现在你知道了一切
Now you know what I know.
我不这么认为
Well, I-I disagree.
我们还不知道你手臂的伤是如何得来的
We still don't know how you sustained those wounds.
我摔了一跤
I fell.
我有眩晕症
I have vertigo.
你为什么不去找支笔和纸
Ah. Why don't you go and get a piece of pen and paper,
把你说的记录下来
so you can make some notes,
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表