我错了
I was wrong.
那不是个临床决策 是我感情用事
It wasn't a clinical decision. It was emotional.
没错 但已经来不及了
Yeah, well, it's too late.
求你了 跟家属谈谈吧
Please, talk to the family.
我已经谈过了
I already have.
是你让他们有无可辩驳的理由要做手术
You made such a compelling case for surgery
所以他们才会决定做手术
that they're determined to go through with it.
那就告诉他们你拒绝做手术
Well, tell them you refuse to do the surgery.
我说过了
I did.
他们说他们会找其他外科医生来做
They said they'd get another surgeon.
至少我做的话 成功的可能性还挺大的
At least if I do it, there's a decent chance of success.
进来
Come in.
麦基
Maggie?
我想根据家庭医疗休假法案申请...
I'm applying for the Family Medical Leave Act...
休假一段时间用于术后恢复
to get the time off I'll need for recovery from surgery.
不管我说什么 你都决定要这样做吗
You're determined to do this no matter what I say?
是的
Yes.
为什么 麦基
Why, Maggie?
这个病人为什么和其他病人那么不同
Why is this patient so different from any other?
她没什么不同
She isn't.
我每天都看到许多被病痛折磨的人...
I see so much suffering every day...
天天如此 而我却无能为力
day after day--and there's nothing I can do about it.
但这次我有能力帮他们了 就这一次
But this time I can, this one time.
我可以
I can.
我不可能只是站在一边什么都不做
It's just impossible to think that I would stand by
任由她这样对待自己
and let her do this to herself.
是的 这绝对有违人性
Well, it's completely counterintuitive.
我是说 作为父母
I mean, as parents,
我们的天性就是去解决孩子们的问题 对吧
we're programmed to fix our children's problems, right?
查尔斯医生 你让布里特出院了吗
Dr. Charles, did you release Britt?
-她走了 -布里特
- She's gone. - Britt?
布里特 布里特
Britt! Britt!
她把衣服也带走了
She took her clothes, too.
她插着静脉管能去哪里
Where's she gonna go with a PICC line?
她去嗑药了
She went to get high.
希望她别吸过量
Let's just hope she doesn't OD.
你是对的
You were right.
我觉得很内疚
I felt guilty.
真希望我可以让时光倒流
Hoped I could turn back the clock.
可以让这一切都不要发生
Make it like the whole thing never happened.
是啊
Yeah.
如果他醒来比之前更糟
If he wakes up worse than before,
我绝不会原谅自己
I'll never forgive myself.
我们还是朝好的方面想
Let's just hope for the best.
康纳
Connor.
我听说你要跟监察委员会面谈
I heard you're facing the oversight committee.
因为什么事
What's that all about?
旧病例 走形式而已 不是什么大事
Old case, pro forma. It's no big deal.
她不回我的短♥信♥
She's not answering any of my texts.
我就知道不应该让她离开视线
I knew I shouldn't have taken my eyes off her.
杰姬...
Jackie...
你不明白 我是她妈妈
You don't understand. I'm her mother.
我一定要找到她
I have to find her.
你已经找过她多少次了
And how many times have you done that already?
罗德斯医生
Dr. Rhodes?
罗德斯医生 请坐
Dr. Rhodes, please.
莱瑟医生 我想先说清楚
Dr. Latham, I want it to be clear that
我对科克伦先生的手术及其后果
I bear full responsibility for Mr. Corcoran's surgery
负有全部责任
and its outcome.
虽然你这么说
Be that as it may,
但我们叫你过来并不是要听你的陈述
we didn't call you in to hear your statement.
我们叫你来是要向你道歉
We called you in to apologize.
-道歉 -贝克医生已经说得非常清楚
- Apologize? - Dr. Bekker made it eminently clear
你做的所有决定
that all of your decisions
在医学上和伦理上都是合理的
were sound both medically and ethically.
我检查过科克伦先生的病历了
I reviewed Mr. Corcoran's chart and,
鉴于他当时伤势的严重性
given the severity of his injuries,
我找不到反对的理由
find no reason to disagree.
我不确定贝克医生是否了解该病例的详细情况
I'm not sure that Dr. Bekker knows the details of the case.
罗德斯医生 委员会已经得出结论
Dr. Rhodes, the committee has determined that
你无需对科克伦先生的死负责
you are not at fault for Mr. Corcoran's death.
你可以走了
You may go.
你告诉他们我做的一切
You told them that I did everything
都是为了病人好
in the patient's best interest?
是的
Yeah.
我们都明白
You and I both know
我的某些行为是应该质疑的
that some of my actions were questionable.
我们也不可能知道
We have no way of knowing
这些行为是否会影响到结果
if they had any effect on the outcome.
即便如此 你也应该告诉监察委员会...
Still, the oversight committee should have heard--
为什么 让你接受同行审查并丢掉执照吗
Why, so you can face peer review and lose your license?
康纳 我这样做是为了你
Connor, I did it for you.
我会为你不惜一切
I'd do anything for you.
萨姆
Sam?
我在不造成任何其他创伤的情况下取出了子弹
I was able to remove the bullet without causing any more trauma.
所以呢
So?
他会痊愈的
He'll be fine.
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道吗 你今天的行为确实有点反常
You know, your behavior today has been erratic,
不理性 冲动
irrational, and impulsive:
不像一个医生该有的样子
hardly qualities one wants to see in a physician.
你得把你脑袋里的水倒倒干净
You need to get your head out of your ass.
你可以做的已经都做了
There's nothing you can do right now.
现在只有耐心等着看
We just have to wait and see
苏菲对抗生素的反应了
how Sophie responds to the antibiotics.
不如你先回家好好睡一觉
Why don't you go home and get some sleep?
好吧
Okay.
请进
Come in.
古德温女士
Mrs. Goodwin, um...
监察委员会最后的结论
I'm not entirely comfortable with how things were left
我不太认同
with the oversight committee.
我认同
I am.
我只是觉得科克伦先生的情况
I just don't think that Mr. Corcoran's case
没有准确地被陈述
was accurately presented.
我猜你想说的是
I'm guessing you're talking about
你减轻了他的麻♥醉♥药♥量
when you lightened his sedation
好让霍斯特德警探对他进行询问
so Detective Halstead could interview him.
-是的 -那你当时那么做
- Yes. - And wasn't that done
是不是出于想要救威尔·霍斯特德医生的性命
in an attempt to save Will Halstead's life?
我设想你当时做出决定时
I assume when you made that decision
也是希望科克伦先生能活下来的
you hoped Mr. Corcoran would survive.
古德温女士 减轻科克伦先生的麻♥醉♥药♥量
Mrs. Goodwin, lightening Mr. Corcoran's sedation
可能导致了他的死亡
might have contributed to his death.
也许是的 但无从得知
Might have. There's no way to know.
他被送进来时就已经身受重伤
He was gravely injured when he was brought in.
今天有人提醒了我
You know, I was reminded today,
我们在救死扶伤时
in our effort to help people that
有时会发现自己身处
we sometimes find ourselves in situations where
对或错并没有明显界限的情境
what's right and what's wrong isn't entirely clear.
我们只能希望我们做出的决定
And we can only hope that the decisions we do make
是出自正确的考量
are coming from the right place.
回家吧 罗德斯医生
Go home, Dr. Rhodes.
加布里埃尔挺过来了
Gabriel pulled through.
他会没事的
He's gonna be fine.
很高兴听到 为你们俩高兴
Glad to hear it. For both of you.
是啊
Yeah.
萨姆·艾布拉姆让我把脑袋里的水倒倒干净
Sam Abrams told me to get my head out of my ass.
他说得没错
He's right.
别太自责了
Don't be too hard on yourself.
那是艰难的决定 我明白的
It was a tough call. I get it.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表