剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
迪莉娅 能借一步说话吗
Um... Delia, can I talk to you a second?
好的
Yeah.
听着 我们在努力说服法官
Listen, we're trying to convince the judge
同意为达斯汀的基因治疗提供资助
to finance Dustin's gene therapy,
所以我们说他在一周之内就可能会去世
so we said he would die within a week.
这是真的
That is true.
但他看起来不像要去世的样子
But he doesn't look like that.
你想让他看起来状态没那么好
You want him to look not so good?
我也不想提出这种要求
I don't want to ask that.
给我十分钟就好
Just give me ten minutes.
达斯汀很清楚你需要的状态
Dustin knows what you want.
我在调查镰形细胞治疗的资助情况时
When I did my research on funding for sickle cell,
我想将它和另一种相似的病症
I wanted to compare it to the funding available
进行资助情况的比较
for another similar condition.
相似的病症是什么
And what was that?
囊性纤维化
Cystic fibrosis.
就像镰状细胞病 也是一种遗传病
Like sickle cell disease, it's inherited...
这两种病最重要的区别是什么
And, uh, were there any important differences?
每365个人中会有一个人得镰状细胞病
Sickle cell affects 1 in 365 people,
而囊性纤维化在2500个人中才会有一例
and cystic fibrosis affects 1 in 2,500 people.
所以镰状细胞病患病的概率要大得多
So sickle cell disease is much more common?
没错 更常见
Yes. Much more.
非常 非常常见
Much, much more.
-非常 非常 -好的 那么
- Much, much... - Okay, so, uh,
医生 你由此得出了什么结论呢
what did you conclude, Doctor?
影响资助治疗的最主要区别在于
The main difference in funding
镰状细胞病主要发病群体是黑人
is sickle cell affects mostly Black people,
而囊性纤维化的主要发病群体是白人
and cystic fibrosis affects white.
反对 法官阁下
Objection, Your Honor.
假设不在证据中的事实
Not in evidence.
-法官阁下 我们刚刚呈现了证据 -反对无效
- We just put it in evidence, Your Honor. - Overruled.
我也觉得这非常种族歧视
Seems pretty racist to me.
好了 我听得够多的了
Okay. I've heard enough.
给我三十分钟 然后我会做出裁决
Give me 30 minutes and I'll rule.
谢谢 法官阁下
Thank you, Your Honor.
达斯汀在过去三年的时间里
Dustin has spent the last three years
一直是医院的常客 而我只是一个单亲妈妈
in and out of the hospital, and I'm a single mom.
所以哪怕我得到一笔意外之财或者礼物还是
So even if I get a windfall or-or a gift or...
法官阁下 可以吗
Um, Your Honor, can I...
当然 请
Oh, yes, please.
法官阁下 就算吉什夫人的年收入
Your Honor, even if Mrs. Gish's yearly income...
吉什女士 她是一位单身母亲
Ms. Gish. She is a single mom.
马尔坎姆真的很喜欢你
Malcolm really likes you.
我很喜欢孩子
I like kids.
你打算怎么对付我的律所
What are your plans for my firm?
我想那应该是我们的律所 不是吗
I think it's our firm, isn't it?
在你那个被律所羞辱的故事里
Your story about being embarrassed by that firm--
那位拿着激光笔指责你
the name partner showing how inadequate you were
穿着不得体的冠名合伙人
by using a laser pointer--
他是我的父亲
that was my dad.
我们下次再讨论这个话题吧
Let's talk about this another time.
我倒想现在就聊
I'd rather right now.
不 不行
No. No.
现在的重点是我的外甥
Now is about my nephew.
好了
Okay.
本庭主要裁决如下
Here's the bottom line:
国家卫生研究院的资助
this court finds the National Institute of Health
确实存在种族歧视的情况
liable for racial discrimination
因此裁决他们承担
and rules that they cover the cost
基因编辑治疗的全部费用
of the gene editing procedure.
法官阁下 国家卫生研究院会考虑上诉的
Your Honor, the NIH intends to appeal.
郭女士 如果你们上诉
Ms. Kuo, if you appeal,
这个孩子一年内都得不到确切的答案
this boy won't have a definitive answer for another year.
多数要两年
Likely two.
-他会在等待中死去 -事实上
- He will die waiting. - Actually, the unseemly haste
我将基于你们实施的
with which this hearing has been conducted
这种不合理的仓促庭审
is one of the issues I intend to take up
向第七巡回上诉法庭提起上诉
with the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
你们那边情况如何
What have you got?
我们赢了 但国家卫生研究院上诉了
We won, but the NIH just appealed.
我们这也是 医疗补助会承担费用
Yeah, same here. Medicaid will pay
但他们想先把所有的法律途径都尝试一遍
but first they want to exhaust their legal options.
-我们该怎么办 -看看卡门和梅丽莎那边
- So what do we got? - Carmen and Marissa.
-很可惜 -是的 我们今天一直在全力以赴
- Unfortunately... - Yes, we're doing our best to make it work for today.
-不行 可惜不能那么晚 -是的 就是今天
- No, unfortunately not that late. - Uh-huh. Yeah, today.
达斯汀
奥布莱恩家
皮肤移植
莉拉
如果你需要的话我们可以让你植皮
We have a skin graft if you need it,
但同时你也需要向我们提供承诺
but we're gonna have to have a promise from you.
不是 你不需要做那些 我们会派
Oh, no, you wouldn't need to do that. We would send...
虽然事情有点复杂 我们要从
Well, it is getting a little bit complicated with where
其他地方拿到器官
we're getting the organs from
但一切都会安排好的
but everything's gonna work out fine.
不 我相信我们一定能搞得定
Oh, no, I'm-I'm sure we can make that work.
帕特里克将他的骨髓捐给达斯汀·吉什
So Patrick donates his bone marrow to Dustin Gish
作为交换 他的姐姐詹妮要得到肾脏捐赠
and in exchange, he gets a kidney for his sister, Jenny,
-但是 -肾脏是来自于
- but... - The kidney was donated
沃尔迪兹家死于新冠的女儿
by the Valdez family from a daughter dying of COVID,
然后他们的儿子也需要肺叶
and they also have a son who needs a lung lobe to survive.
我的天
Jesus.
需要如此多的努力才能活下来
I am inspired and depressed
实在是既发人深省 亦使人忧愁
by what it takes to stay alive.
我们可以从奥布莱恩夫妇那儿拿到肺叶
So we got the lung lobe from the O'Briens.
因为近期的感染 他们需要植皮
They need a skin graft due to a recent infection.
所以我们进度怎样
So where does that leave us?
还差一步
Uh, one step away.
一个在底特律的年轻女士愿意提供皮肤 但是...
We got the skin graft from a young woman in Detroit, but...
但什么
But what?
她想要人捐献卵子
She wants an egg donor.
我们没有任何卵子库的数据
We don't have access to any egg databases
所以... 有趣的谈话
so... fun times.
我们刚准备扔硬币决定
We were just about to flip a coin
咱俩谁去捐卵子
to see who gives up an egg.
-天啊 -我还以为
- Oh, my God. - I actually think
我们是要靠摔跤来定
we were going to arm wrestle for it.
但我们警告过他们
But, uh, we warned them
孩子的母亲要么会是黑人 要么是犹太人
that the mother would either be Black or Jewish
所以要么是有一半美国人会恨这个孩子
so either one half of America will hate their child,
或者另一半会恨他
or the other half will.
干嘛这么保守 也许全部人都会呢
Oh, why stop there? Maybe both halves will.
你们俩太出色了
You two are amazing.
-三个人 -三个
- Three. - Three.
我真是无言以对了
I wish I had words. I don't.
当达斯汀以后20岁要去上大学了
Wh-When Dustin is 20 years old and about to go to college,
我会带他回这里看看自己的救命恩人
I'm bringing him back here to meet the people who saved him.
你们真的很棒
You are all amazing.
我正式收养你们了
And, um, I have officially adopted you.
我们是一家人
We're all family now.
好的
All right.
正面还是反面
Heads or tails?
反面
Uh... tails.
他们在帮他做准备
They're getting him ready right now.
有骨髓 一切就绪
We've got the bone marrow, so we're ready.
谢谢你 今天太曲折了
Thank you. It has been such a strange day.
-谢谢 -等下
- Thank you. - Wait.
我能跟舅舅说句话吗
Can I talk to my uncle?
嗯 小里
Yeah, uh, wait, Rich?
达斯汀要准备开始治疗了
Dustin's about to start the treatment.
他想和你说句话
He wants to tell you something.
舅 有你在身边是最好的事
Uncle Rich, you're the best thing that happen to me,
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表