剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
have there been any complaints from the players
你的领导方式
about your style of leadership?
我看到你在跟律师确认
So, I see you're checking with your lawyers.
我让开一点
Let me make room for you
你就可以看到他们的信♥号♥♥ 不被遮挡
so you can see their signals undeterred.
-反对 -反对有效
- Objection. - Sustained.
没必要这样 律师
Not necessary, Counselor.
有几位白人球员投诉过
Isn't it true that several white players have complained
你在球队中制♥造♥种族矛盾 是真的吗
that you create racial tension on the team?
我磨炼我们的球员是为了让他们变得更好
I toughen our players to make them better.
我和其他教练组成员
Neither I nor the other coaching staff
都没把投诉当回事
ever took any complaints seriously.
所以你是说你们球队中有公然的种族投诉
So, you're saying that there were blatant racial complaints,
却没人把它当回事
and no one took them seriously?
不 联赛中所有球队的防守组
No. Defensive units
都倾向于更多地使用黑人球员
tend to be more Black across the league.
而进攻组则倾向于
And offensive units tend to be
更多地使用白人球员来做锋线和四分卫
more white at the line and quarterback.
-没错 -防守组在训练中也
- This is true. - Defensive units also
自然而然地更具侵略性
tend to be, uh, more aggressive at practice, right?
所以球队的结构本来就是让
So the structure of the team, it naturally sets
白人和黑人球员互相对抗
white and Black players against each other.
-但联赛就是这样 -好
- But this is the league. - Okay.
那你那个磨胡椒的手势呢
What about your pepper grinder hand signal?
反对
Objection.
与本案无关
Relevance?
巴蒂斯特先生 请解释一下这个...
Uh, Mr. Baptiste, please explain the...?
就是个信♥号♥♥
It's a signal.
是防守组向进攻组的
It's a signal for defensive units
某位球员发起进攻的信♥号♥♥
to go after someone on the offensive unit.
像磨胡椒一样碾压他们
To ground them up like pepper.
所以明确一下 你们有
Ah, so to clarify, you have a hand signal
让黑人球员碾压白人球员的手势吗
for the black players to grind up the white players?
反对
Objection.
-与本案无关 -反对无效
- Relevance? - Overruled.
也许你们反对的时候可以一个一个的来
And perhaps one of you could object at a time.
请回答这个问题
Please answer the question.
没有
No.
我们想让所有球员打球都硬朗点 仅此而已
We're trying to toughen all our players, that's all.
真的 这跟种族歧视没关系
Really. There is nothing racial here.
我问完了 法官阁下
No further questions, Your Honor.
证人可以离开了
The witness is excused.
该上大杀器了
这是什么
What is this?
不让你的手闲下来的东西
Things to keep your hands busy.
你不想悲观刷屏 就玩这些吧
You want to stop doomscrolling. Here you go.
梅丽莎 我不是十岁小孩
Marissa, I am not ten.
我知道 但这样会轻松点
I know, because that would be easier.
这里有彩泥
Here's some Play-Doh.
一捏就会吐出来的表情包
An emoji that spits up when you squeeze it.
指尖陀螺
Spinners.
魔方
Locking bricks.
还有陀螺
And some tops.
让我看看新闻网站更简单啊
It'd be easier just to let me check my news sites.
玩得开心
Have fun.
给你
Here.
谢谢
Thanks.
你看上去心事重重
You look stressed.
只是在等雷迪克女士从法庭回来
Just waiting for Ms. Reddick to come back from court.
庭审早就结束了
Oh, well, that let out a while ago.
她可能回家了 你有什么事吗
She probably went home. What do you need?
我在服务两位客户
I am serving two masters--
我知道其中一位有罪 另一位无罪
one I know is guilty and one I know is innocent.
有罪的那位想让我去代理
The guilty one wants me to represent
无罪的那位
the one that's innocent,
但是为了让他被定罪
but just so I can get him convicted.
有罪的这位是我们律所的客户吗
Is the one who is guilty a client of the firm?
-是的 -那无罪的那位呢
- Yes. - And the one who's innocent?
也是
Also a client.
你能把无罪的这位转给这里的其他律师吗
Can you hand off the one who's innocent to another lawyer here?
不能
No.
这样我会有危险
Not without putting myself in danger.
理想状态下 虽然我知道这不可能
Well, if all things were equal-- which I know they're not--
你不该代理他们中的任何一位
you shouldn't be representing either of them.
至少
And at a minimum,
你不该代理无罪的那位
you should not be representing the one who's innocent.
我同意
I agree.
但你觉得别无选择
But you feel you have no option?
是的
Yes.
这案子第一次开庭是什么时候
When is your first court date?
明天
Tomorrow.
驳回起诉的动议
Motion to dismiss.
好吧
Well...
喝得越多头脑越清醒
With more drinking comes more clarity.
很高兴见到你 卡门
Good to see you, Carmen.
祝你好运
Good luck.
莱斯特先生
Mr. Lester,
你今天还好吗
how are you doing today?
还行
Fine.
很好 因为我们可能需要让你上证人席
Good, because we may need to put you on the stand.
洛哈特女士 我怎么不知道你也负责这个案子
Ms. Lockhart, I didn't know you were on this, too.
我想着来帮帮忙
I thought I'd see what I could do.
你觉得怎么样 卡门
Sound good, Carmen?
这怎么搞
How's this gonna work?
我尽力辩护 你尽力捣乱
I do my best, you do your worst.
盖尔·阿维夫 37岁
Gal Avivi. 37 years old.
三个孩子的父亲
A father of three.
他因与警方合作
He was brutally murdered by Charles Lester
而被查尔斯·莱斯特残忍♥杀害
for cooperating with law enforcement.
毫无疑问 这些照片极具煽动性
These images are certainly inflammatory,
但不能证明莱斯特先生有罪
but they're hardly evidence against Mr. Lester.
反对使用它们作为证据
We object to their introduction.
你担心我会被几张生动的照片煽动吗
Are you concerned that I'll be swayed by a few vivid images?
不 我是担心您的判决会在上诉庭中被推♥翻♥
No, only that you'll be reversed in appeal.
莱斯特先生为芝加哥最臭名昭著的
Mr. Lester has a well-established reputation
犯罪集团效力而声名远扬
for serving Chicago's most notorious criminals.
怎么 现在我们是根据名声提起诉讼吗
So, now we indict by reputation?
莱蒙德·毕夏普
Lemond Bishop,
奥斯卡·里维 本·巴鲁克
Oscar Rivi, Ben Baruch.
洛哈特女士说得在理
Ms. Lockhart is right.
我认为任何律师都不应该
I don't hold any lawyer's tendency to represent
因客户的名声不佳而被提出控诉
disreputable clients against him... or her.
根据伊利诺伊州《刑诉法》第1♥1♥4♥节的规定
Section 1♥1♥4♥ of the Illinois Code says,
"若仅依据一位无资格的证人的证词提出诉讼
"Charges must be dismissed if they're based solely
则指控必须撤销"
on the testimony of an incompetent witness."
-无资格的证人是指谁呢 -你 卡拉斯先生
- Who's the incompetent witness? - You, Mr. Callas.
看上去你正在作证 义愤填膺
You seem to be testifying, spewing allegations
满口指控 却没有拿出一丝一毫的
right, left and center, without offering
-真凭实据 -对
- a shred of hard evidence. - Right.
我有证据 法官阁下
Except that I have evidence, Your Honor.
一段录像 请让我现在播放给您看
A video. Let me play it for you now.
哈利路亚
Hallelujah.
洛哈特女士
Ms. Lockhart.
这段录像 证明查尔斯·莱斯特
This video shows Charles Lester
在凌晨12点32分离开犯罪现场
leaving the scene of the crime at 12:32 A.M.,
随后没多久
shortly after the neighbors
就有邻居听到枪声并报♥警♥
reported hearing gunshots and called the police.
法官阁下
Your Honor,
我们相信 这个证据足以
we believe there is more than enough evidence
让莱斯特先生接受庭审
to hold Mr. Lester over to trial.
我们要求您驳回被告的动议
We ask that you dismiss the defense's motion.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表