剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
would be happy to wait until Monday,
-如果你愿意的话 法官阁下 -不行
- if you prefer, Your Honor. - No, you don't.
没人能用这种无聊的借口来逃避庭辩
No one gets to use this nonsense to avoid making an argument.
你们把我从周六的纸牌俱乐部拖走
You dragged me away from my Saturday card club
来开紧急听证会
for an emergency hearing,
所以我们就要开该死的听证会
so we're gonna hold the damn hearing.
大家都做好准备
Everyone get set up.
-在哪里开 法官阁下 -这里
- Uh, where, Your Honor? - Here.
为什么不行 名副其实的"正义殿堂"
Why not? "The halls of justice" indeed.
这篇文章《临床实验中的种族偏见》
This article, "Racial Bias in Clinical Trials,"
阐述了国家卫生研究院长♥期♥从各方面克扣
lays out the NIH's chronic, pervasive underfunding
镰状细胞研究的资金 根据它的作者...
of sickle cell research, and according to its author...
对 "它的作者" 作者是哪位 法官阁下
Right. "Its author." Who is this author, Your Honor?
-他在哪里 -米切尔·瓦特力医生
- Where is he? - Doctor, uh, Mitchell Wattly
他是位杰出的医学史教授
is a distinguished professor of medical history
也是有执照的医生
and a licensed medical doctor
现在在芝加哥大学任教
who teaches at the University of Chicago.
辩方请求排除这项证据
Defendant moves to exclude.
我没法交叉质询一篇文章
I can't cross-examine an article.
莱恩先生 你何不把瓦特力先生带来...
Mr. Lane, why haven't you brought Mr. Wattly...
-瓦特力医生 -法官阁下
- Dr. Wattly. - Your Honor,
这是紧急听证会 今天是周六
this is an emergency hearing, it's a Saturday...
我来了 她也来了
I'm here. She's here.
瓦特力医生也可以放下网球拍加入我们
Dr. Wattly can put down his tennis racket and join us.
我很荣幸能去作证
I would be honored to testify.
那篇文章是我的得意之作
I'm very proud of that article.
好 好
Good, good, um,
我们能派辆车去接你吗 你在哪里
Can we send a car for you, uh where are you?
我现在去不了
I can't right now.
为什么
Wh... uh, why?
医生 我们现在需要你
Doctor, we need you now.
其实我在戒瘾
Actually I'm in rehab.
先让我讲清楚 我不是酒鬼
Although to be clear, I'm not a alcoholic.
-好 -但我妻子不这么认为
- Okay. - But my wife disagrees.
好 你在芝加哥地区吗
Okay. Are you in the Chicago area?
埃文斯顿 怎么了
Evanston. Why?
我们顺路过去接你如何
How about we swing by, uh, pick you up
这样你就能来作证了
so you can give your testimony
然后我们会送你回去
and then, uh, we'll drop you back off?
求你了 医生
Please, Doctor.
事关一个小男孩的命
A little boy's life is on the line.
获得医疗补助的门槛是月收入不超过1481美元
The cut-off for Medicaid eligiblity is $1,481 a month.
吉什家的收入远高于此
The Gishs are too much to qualified.
法官阁下 从这些工资单上可以清楚地看到
Your Honor, these pay stubs clearly show that Ms. Gish, a single mother
吉什女士是位单亲妈妈 月收入低于1400美元
earns no more than $1,400 a month.
这家人 包括达斯汀
The family, including Dustin
完全有资格获得医疗补助
is eligible for Medicaid.
她在哪里 确切地说这家人在哪里
Where is she? In fact where is the family?
我相信您能理解 法官阁下 达斯汀刚经历了
I'm sure you understand, Your Honor, Dustin has just gone through
所谓的血管阻塞危象
what's known is Vaso-Occlusive Crisis.
他很痛苦
He is in terrible pain
现在正在康复中
and he's in the process of recovering.
对 但我需要有依据才能做决定
Yes, but I need to decide based on something.
吉什女士 我是位律师 是你哥哥理夏德的同事
Ms. Gish, I am a lawyer working with your brother Re'chard.
对 我明白
Oh, yes, I know... Uh
非常感谢你们正在做的一切
Thank you so much for doing what you are doing.
不客气 我们正在处理费用问题
You're welcome. So we are dealing with
而且这个案子
the financial and this case,
如果你能亲自上庭来
and it would be very helpful if you would come into court and
谈谈你在治病上的花费
talk about the money
会非常有帮助
that you're spending on hospital bills.
当然 当然
Sure, sure.
你们想让达斯汀也来吗
Do you want Dustin, too?
你儿子 他...
Your son? Is he...
他的健康状况如何
Uh, how was his health?
医生让我们回家 等有新捐赠者的消息再说
The doctor's sending us home until there's word on a new donor.
这样做很有用 让医生
That would be helpful, I mean for the doctor
不 是让法官能亲眼看看
I mean, for the judge to see.
达斯汀坐轮椅了吗
Is Dustin in a wheelchair?
拉斯·卡维尔康复中心
你是叫理查德还是理夏德
Is your name Richard or Ri'Chard?
理查德
Richard.
但我改名叫理夏德了
But I changed it to Ri'Chard.
为什么
Why?
我要告诉你这辈子学到的最重要的一件事
I'm going to tell you the most important thing you ever be taught.
-好吗 -好
- Okay? - Okay.
要引人注目
Draw attention to yourself.
穿衣打扮要引人注目
Dress to draw attention.
说话要引人注目
Speak to draw attention.
还要表现突出来引人注目
Excel to draw attention.
把自己做成一个品牌
Make yourself a brand.
这是在并非为你而建的世界上
It's the only way wto make a place for yourself
让自己有立足之地的唯一方法
in a world not built for you.
-你叫什么名字 -马尔科姆
- What's your name? - Malcolm.
马尔科姆
Mal-colm.
这个名字不存在了
It is no longer
我现在命名你为
I am christening you
马尔坎姆
bing-- Mal-calm
-马尔坎姆 -马尔坎姆
- Mal-Calm? - Mal-Calm.
马尔坎姆
Mal-Calm.
也许他改变主意了
Maybe he changed his mind.
没有 看
No, Look.
天哪 我们要下地狱了
Oh, my God. We're going to hell.
还没有
Not yet though.
我是理夏德 这是莉兹
Uh, I'm Ri'Chard, this is Liz,
这是我们的合作律师 马尔坎姆
and this is, uh, our cocounsel, Mal-Calm.
很高兴认识你
Good to meet you.
还有多久开庭
How long do I have before court?
我们现在就过去
Uh, we're headed there right now.
瓦特力医生 你对种族差异的了解
Uh, Dr. Wattly, we are so impressed
给我们留下了深刻印象
with your insights into racial disparity...
我的口臭很严重
I have this really bad taste in my mouth.
能不能前面停下车
Could-could we make a stop up ahead
让我去买♥♥包口香糖
so I can get a pack of gum?
很快
Uh, it'll only take a minute.
那就有
Oh, there!
科瓦尔奇克酒水铺
我说不好
Uh... I don't know.
我只是想买♥♥点口香糖
I-I just need some gum.
没事的
It-It's no big deal.
所以你是卡门的...
So you're Carmen's...?
同事
Workmate.
你是...
And you're...
她女朋友
Her girlfriend.
所以你发现了
So you noticed...?
我们长得很像 对
That we look alike? Yep.
是不是有点...
Is it...?
怪
Weird?
有点
Oh, yeah.
这事咱们该怎么看呢
What are we to read into that?
我也不知道
I have no fucking idea.
但是还是告诉卡门一声
But tell Carmen to figure out
让她想清楚谁是她真正想睡的人
who she really wants to sleep with.
梅丽莎 我又找到一个
Marissa, I've got another.
好吧
Oh, uh, okay.
-刚从数据库中删除了 -好
- It was just taken down from the database. - Okay.
无来电显示
你好 是帕崔克·斯特灵格吗
Hello, is this Patrick Stringer?
我是 但是我帮不了你
Yes, it is, but I can't help you.
先生 请先听我说
Sir, just give me a minute.
现在医院有一个11岁的孩子
You turn out to be a perfect match
正急切地等待骨髓移植
for a 11-year-old in the hospital right now
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表