剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
被告
Defense?
法官阁下 我们想传唤证人
Your Honor, we would like to call a witness.
麦克斯·费舍伍德 我是...
Max Fisherwood. I'm...
你可能知道我是谁 但是...
You probably know who I am, but...
还需要我说吗
do you want me to say it?
那样再好不过了
That would be helpful.
我是芝加哥乌鸦队的队医
I am the team doctor for the Chicago Crows.
这么说你知道
So you know all about
芝加哥乌鸦队所有的伤病记录和他们的系统
the Chicago Crows' injury records and their system?
-是的 -那我想问你
- Yes. - Then I'd like to ask you about
乌鸦队的CTE事件
incidents of... CTE on the Crows.
让他们闭嘴 快让他们闭嘴
Shut this shit down, you shut this shit down.
对 法官阁下 我们强烈反对
Yeah, Your Honor, we strenuously object
开始这方面的问话
to opening this line of questioning.
阿尔玛 亲爱的 我都还没开始呢
Alma, dear, I haven't even started.
CTE和本案无关 这是混淆视听
CTE has nothing to do with this case. It's a smokescreen.
等等 我对橄榄球非常熟悉
Hold on. I know a lot about football,
不过我也知道这个问题争议很大
but I also know that this is totally problematic
有很多保守派人士对如今他们训练孩子的方法
and has a lot of conservatives in an uproar
提出了诸多异议
about what they're teaching kids these days.
法官阁下 我想你指的是CRT
Your Honor, I think you're referring to CRT,
批判种族理论吧
critical race theory?
是吗
Am I, now?
CTE是指慢性创伤型脑病变
Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. CTE?
这是一种反复的脑部损伤 法官阁下
It's repeated head injuries, Your Honor.
对 我现在记起来了
Yes. Now I remember.
那这与种族偏见的案子有何关联
And how is this relevant to a case about racial bias?
毫无关联 他们是想欲盖弥彰
It's not. It's a Trojan horse.
为什么不等我问完再说呢
Well, why don't you wait for the questions?
好了 双方律师 请上前
All right, Counsel, let's all approach the bench.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
达伦 你刚是在自毁前程
Darren, you just fucked yourself.
这个联盟圈子很小
The league is a small sandbox.
你不可能拿CTE做文章 还指望有人会雇你
You can't just throw CTE around and expect to get hired.
-你刚说什么 -管好你自己
- What did you just say? - Mind your own business.
重复一遍刚才的话
Repeat what you just said.
-发生什么事了 -法官阁下 我刚听到这位球队老板
- What's going on? - Your Honor, I just heard the team owner
尼尔森·拉迪 也就是那边那位先生
Mr. Nelson Ruddy-- that gentleman there--
我听到他在威胁我们的客户
I heard him threatening our client.
我没有
I did no such thing.
我愿出庭作证 法官阁下
I'll testify to it, Your Honor.
那我就出庭作证说你听错了 是你威胁我
And I'll testify that you misheard it, and it was you who threatened me!
好了 好了
Okay, okay.
请安静
Quiet, please.
肃静
Order in the court.
话说回来 CTE
So, CTE.
三个令职业橄榄球员
The three dreaded letters that strike fear
闻风丧胆的字母
into the heart of professional football.
我们来聊聊
Let's talk about it.
这个词让阿尔玛和球队老板都坐立不安了
I see it's, uh, woken Alma and the team owner up.
芝加哥乌鸦队是怎么处理CTE事件的
What are the Chicago Crows doing in regard to CTE?
我们和全联盟一样
We have very strict concussion protocols
对脑震荡有非常严格的处置方案
along with the rest of the league.
你能解释下这个脑震荡处置方案是怎样的吗
Can you explain how concussion protocols work?
可以 如果一位球员头部受到撞击
Yes. If a player gets hit in the head,
我们会在赛季开始前
we test their cognitive abilities
用我们所执行的基线测试
against a baseline of tests we perform
对其进行认知能力测试
before the season starts.
那在这些问题中 是否存在"种族评判"
Is there any "race norming" in these questions?
没有 只是些基本的问题
No, uh, these are just basic questions
每个人都能够回答
everyone should be able to answer.
什么是种族评判
What is race norming?
一种已经停止使用的方法
It is a discontinued practice.
那还未停用时 它是什么样的
When it was in practice, what was it?
在认知测试中
In cognitive tests
有种不正确的假设 黑人球员
it was the incorrect assumption that Black players
比白人球员认知能力低下
had lower cognitive abilities than white players.
所以你是说联盟认为
So you're saying the league assumes
黑人球员智力更为低下
Black players are less intelligent,
因此他们接受的治疗更少
and therefore they receive less treatment
-原因是他们被判定为受伤的标准线更低 -不是
- because they have a lower baseline to qualify as injured? - No.
我是说那是一种已经过时的操作
I'm saying that that is a-a-an out-of-date practice
现在已经没有在使用了
and it is no longer relevant.
费舍伍德医生
Dr. Fisherwood,
既然CTE是由脑震荡引起
since CTE is caused by concussions,
根据联盟自己的数据
what team has the highest rate of CTE,
哪支球队CTE的发生率最高
according to the league's own stats?
你可以把这段读一下吗
Uh, can you read right there?
芝加哥乌鸦队
The Chicago Crows.
哪支球队黑人球员CTE患病率最高呢
What team has the highest rate of Black players with CTE?
你可以在这里看到
Uh, you'll find that right there.
是乌鸦队
It's the-the-the Crows.
那又是哪支球队的黑人球员
And which team has the highest rate of Black players
因伤病和痴呆向球队发起的索赔最多
filing claims against a team for pain and suffering and dementia?
你可以在下一页找到答案
Uh, you'll find that on the next page.
这个 我...
Well, I...
我觉得还是你来读吧
I-I think you can read this.
可以是可以 不过让你来读比较令人痛快
I can, but it's so much more satisfying when you do.
上面是怎么说的
What's that say there?
上面写着 "芝加哥乌鸦队"
It says, "Chicago Crows."
看上去是种倾向
Seems like a trend.
你们拒绝赔偿闹上法庭的索赔中
You fight these claims
黑人球员的索赔案几乎是白人球员的三倍
at an almost three-to-one ratio of Black players over white.
为什么会这样呢
Why is that?
我不知道
I don't know.
但我想我知道
I think I do.
-反对 -撤回
- Objection. - I'll withdraw.
阿尔玛 恭喜你
Congratulations, Alma.
泰·贝利
Ty Bailey.
我就觉得我刚刚在里面好像看到你了
Well, I thought I saw you back there.
而且你似乎还在做笔记
It looked like you were taking notes,
你看起来可不像典型的法庭速记员
and you don't look like the typical court stenographer.
以后我可以考虑从事这个职业方向
That would've been my second career choice.
有什么需要我帮忙的吗
So, how can I help you?
-你刚刚记录了吗 -是的
- Were you taking notes? - Yes.
你打算怎么处理记录下的内容呢
What are you gonna do with them?
把它们带回去 给其他黑人运动员和教练看
Take them back to other Black players and coaches.
他们很多人都对乌鸦队的辩护感到很愤怒
A lot of them are angry about the Crows' defense.
好的
Okay.
我可以帮你们牵线
I can get you in touch with them.
他们也许会愿意提起集体诉讼
They might be willing to bring a class action.
很好
Great.
那就太好了
Yeah, that'd be great.
谢谢 迪佩西亚先生
Thank you, Mr. Dipersia,
愿意为我们提供你专业上的帮助
for lending us your expertise.
在调查中 你是否在这段"证据确凿"的视频中
In your research, were you able to find
找到了一些意义重大的细节呢
some significant details about this "damning" video?
是的 这段视频是假造的
Yes. This video is fake.
我必须看起来像是在和你争论
I have to look like I'm arguing with you.
怎么 你的朋友本·巴鲁克不高兴了吗
What, is your friend Ben-Baruch not happy?
他已经火冒三丈了
He looks pissed.
我可以告诉杰你的情况
I can tell Jay your situation.
不 不必了 我自己可以解释这些
No, I'm fine. I-I can explain this.
好了 我说过了我能搞定
Okay, I said I've got this.
迪佩西亚先生 这怎么可能呢
How is that possible, Mr. Dipersia,
毕竟在这段视频中
when the video so clearly shows
清晰地显示了莱斯特先生正离开案发现场
Mr. Lester exiting the crime scene?
深度伪造技术通过操控数字图像中的像素
Deepfake technology manipulates pixels in digital images
让某件没有发生的事看起来像发生过一样
to make it look like something that didn't happen did happen.
我反对 该结论并没有证据
I-I object. There's no proof of this.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表