剧集 | 逍遥法外 | 导航列表
勒西先生 当你发现父亲贩毒时
Mr. Lahey, how old were you when you discovered
你多大
your father sold drugs?
我记不清了
I don't recall. u202d
但你没有反对你知道
But you're not disputing the fact
你父亲是个贩卖♥♥大♥麻♥和可♥卡♥因♥的毒贩
that you were aware that your father was a drug dealer
这个事实
of marijuana and crack?
我爸在16岁时就退学
My pops dropped out of school when he was 16
去做职业拳击手了
to box professionally.
靠拳击赚的钱不够时
When that didn't pay the bills,
可选择的选项并不多
there weren't a lot of other options.
当你父亲和你一起生活时
When you father was living at home with you,
他在家时的情绪是怎么样
what was his mood around the house?
他是否有怒气
Was he angry?
反对 你不能为他人的情绪状态作证
Objection! You can't testify to someone else's state of mind.
反对有效
Sustained.
他终归是个拳击手
He was a boxer, though.
一定对你有些粗手粗脚吧
Must've knocked you around a bit, yeah?
他只在赛场上打拳
He was a boxer in the ring only.
从不把工作的事带回家
Never took his work home with him.
所以在你看来 家是个安全的地方
So you're saying you felt your home was a safe place?
是的
Yes.
法官阁下 我向您呈上一份证据
Your Honor, I'd like to introduce as evidence
-这是出自证人之手的一封信件 -反对
- a letter written by the witness -- - Objection!
我们没有收到关于该信件的任何消息
This letter wasn't in any of the discovery.
该信件刚刚才成为相关证据 法官阁下
The letter has only just now become relevant, Your Honor.
你们两个都上前来
All right, both of you up to the bench.
现在
Now.
他们是故意隐藏的那封信
They buried that letter on purpose.
她对此无能为力
There was nothing she could've done.
她可以将此作为传闻证据驳回
She could've gotten it thrown out as hearsay.
她当时只能对相关性作出质疑
Her only option was to challenge its relevance.
这封信怎么就有关了
How is this letter relevant at all?
这是被告儿子的亲笔书信
It's written by the defendant's son.
这是在案发前一年写的
A year before the murder in question.
这封信可以证明事出有因
This letter is permissible to show lack of accident,
甚至是动机
perhaps even motive.
这是品格证据
It is character evidence --
这是品格伏击 法官阁下
It's character assassination, Judge.
这堂课的目的就是想搞清楚
The whole point of this exercise is to figure out
你和基廷教授哪里做错了
where you and Professor Keating went wrong.
你为什么这么有防御性
Why are you getting so defensive?
因为这就是真正的律师所要做的
'Cause that's what a real lawyer does --
为他们的委托人辩护
defends their client.
你才不是个真正的律师
You're not a real lawyer.
你只是她的小跟班
You're just her little mini-me.
-坐下 -不 你在庭审时像个婴儿一样
- Sit down -- u202d- No. You hid in the back of that courtroom
缩在法庭某个角落里
like a baby the entire case,
现在竟然出来说三道四
and now you have something to say?
而你坐在她旁边 任由她
And you sat shotgun u202dand let her drive this case
把整个案子搞砸
straight off a cliff.
我说了坐下
I said sit down!
这是法学院
This is a law school...
不是托儿所
not a daycare.
法官已经做出了不利判决
The judge ruled against us.
那我下面应该怎么做
So, what could I have done next?
勒西先生 你之前作证你在家能感到安全
Mr. Lahey, you testified that you felt safe at home,
但你14岁时给你父亲的假释委员会
but you wrote this letter to your father's Parole Board
写了这封信
when you were 14.
能请你再读一遍第二段吗
Would you please read the second paragraph?
"别人叫我写这封信
"I was told to write this letter
"说服你们让我爸回家
"to convince you to let my pops come home.
"但我不想让他回家
"But I don't want him to come home.
"没有他 我妈和我过得不错
"My moms and I are doing good without him,
"但如果你们相信他的谎言
"but that will all change
"放他出来 情况就不一样了"
"if you believe his lies and let him out."
"他关在里面
"Please just know I feel safer...
"我感觉更安全"
"with him behind bars."
谢谢
Thank you.
你故意的 对吧
You did this on purpose, didn't you?
你听到我的证词了
You heard what I said on the stand.
我不记得我写了这封信
I-I don't remember writing it.
我记得那之后的所有事情
Yeah, well I remember everything that happened after that.
本来我能赢那次假释听证会的
I was supposed to win that parole hearing!
我们都不会知道
We'll never know if that letter
那封信是不是你输掉的原因了
was the reason you lost the hearing --
你想知道那之后发生了什么吗
You want to know what happened after that? Huh?
我开始跟所有人找碴
I started picking fights with everybody,
不尊重警卫
disrespecting the guards.
然后他们就把我关进禁闭室
That's when they put me in the SHU.
所有这些
All of this...
我失去理智
Me losing my mind,
杀了那个人
me killing that man --
这些都是因为你和那封信
all of this because of you and that letter.
你说完了吗
You finished?
我们还有个案子要赢呢
'Cause we still have a case to win.
让他离我远点
Keep him away from me.
我不想再看到他
I don't want to see his face again.
你最好还是得想看到他
You better want to, because it's his face
毕竟陪审团得要在法庭上看到他的脸
the jury needs to see in that courtroom --
爱你的人的脸
someone who loves you.
不然你就是个背弃自己儿子的混♥蛋♥
Otherwise you're the bastard who turned on his own son.
基廷教授
Professor Keating, my criticism
我的意见不是你没驳回那封信
isn't that you didn't get the letter thrown out,
而是你没有在交叉盘问时对证人足够强硬
but that you didn't go at the witness hard enough during your cross.
诋毁被告的儿子
How is discrediting the defendant's son,
我们的证人 怎么能让陪审团相信我们
someone on our witness list, helping to win over the jury?
走投无路也只能用特殊手段
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
好的律师不应该走投无路
A good lawyer should never be desperate.
基廷教授这轮输了是因为
Professor Keating lost this round because of one reason --
她没有预见到这封信
she didn't see the letter coming.
为什么我没预见到信
Why didn't I see it coming?
你和证人关系太近
You were too close to the witness.
这事本来可以避免
You know, this all could've been avoided
如果你仔细做了调查 发现了那封信
if you'd just done the research and found that letter.
听上去是你男朋友该干的活
Sounds like your boyfriend's job.
是未婚夫 而且这事真的能怪谁吗
Uh, fiancé, and is anyone really to blame here?
怪写了这封信的人
Yeah, the guy who wrote the letter.
谁没在十四岁的时候做过傻事
We all do stupid things when we're 14.
但他决定当警♥察♥的时候肯定不是十四岁
Pretty sure he wasn't 14 when he chose to become a cop.
这和他是警♥察♥有什么关系
What does him being a cop have to do with anything?
什么样的人才会背弃自己人
What kind of guy turns his back on his own people?
这些对这案子都没用
Okay, none of this helps our case right now.
是啊
Exactly.
我要去卡普兰·高德为明天做准备
I'm going to C&G to prep for tomorrow.
你是想让他打你吗
Are you trying to get him to punch you?
你去哪儿
Where are you going?
他要我反垄断课的提纲
Oh, uh, he needs my Antitrust outline.
回家见
I'll see you guys back at the house.
他们又是朋友了
Those two guys friends again?
也许又滚床单了吧
Eh, they're probably just boning.
如果真的要做 我们必须谨慎点
If we're gonna do this, we need to be more discreet,
并且得定好基本原则
and we need some ground rules.
基本原则把"特大行动"的乐趣
Mm, ground rules kinda take the fun
都搞没了
out of "Operation Slama Jama."
好吧
Okay --
第一 不许再这么叫它
Rule one, u202dno more calling it that.
第二 不谈工作 第三 不谈感情
Two, no work talk. u202dThree, no relationship talk.
好 反正不会再有感情了
Good, because that u202dis never happening again.
今晚去你那儿
Your place tonight?
我应该能给你挤点地方
Think I can, uh, squeeze you in.
剧集 | 逍遥法外 | 导航列表