so the legend has it.
就像传说的那样
I loved those parties.
我热爱那些派对
But that was literally in the last century, so...
但那真的是上个世纪的事了 所以...
But you were invited, right?
但你被邀请了 对吧
Well, out of protocol, sure,
根据传统 是的
but, uh, tonight's for the rank and file.
但是 今晚是为了一线警员
Nobody wants the hall monitor showing up.
没人希望监护人出现在现场
Oh, that's not how the guys see you.
大伙都没这样想过
Yeah, I used to be one of the guys,
得了吧 我以前和你们一样
I know how they see the PC.
我知道他们是怎么看待局长的
You know, rumor has it
知道吗 有流言说
this party almost didn't happen.
这个派对差点没办成
Oh?
是么
Yeah, word is, you were gonna cancel it,
是啊 流言说你准备取消它
but Lieutenant Gormley stood up,
但戈姆利警督站出来
convinced you to change your mind.
说服你改变了决定
Is that a fact?
真的是这样吗
That's the word on the street.
外面的确是这样流传的
Is it true?
是真的吗
You guys better get going.
你们最好该出发了
Come on, Dad. Come with us.
老爸 和我们一起去
Yeah, Dad, come on.
是啊 老爸 来嘛
I get word the party's out of hand,
如果我听说派对失去控制
I'll shut it down forthwith,
我会毫不迟疑的取消它
so you guys better get going
所以你们最好现在就出发
before somebody tips off the commissioner.
不要等有人向局长告密
Come on.
走吧
Have fun.
玩的开心点
My spies say the bash is "Off the hook."
我的眼线说派对已经"上天了"
What's that mean?
什么东西上天了
You don't know that expression?
你不懂这种措辞表达
No, does it mean out of hand?
不懂 是不是指已经失控了
Kind of.
差不多
Well, then I don't want to know about it.
那我什么都不想知道
Why not?
为什么
Because if I know about it,
因为如果我知道了
I got to do something about it.
我得为此采取行动
Think, Garrett.
想想吧 盖瑞特
I'm on to you, you know.
我了解你 你知道的
There's no way you were ever gonna cancel that party.
你根本就不想取消那个派对
You don't know that.
你才不知道呢
Yes, I do.
是的 我确实知道
'Cause, one: it'd mean you'd have taken my advice,
因为第一:意味着你采纳了我的意见
two: it was never about the party,
第二点:重点根本不是派对本身
it was about managing Sid for your own ends.
而是你出于自己的目的想好好管管希德
This is going right over my head.
我从未这样想过
No, it's not.
不 你撒谎
With Lyons in the room,
在莱昂斯面前
Sid stands up to you for the men to get their party,
希德为了警♥察♥兄弟们挺身而出 与你对抗
word of this gets out,
话传出去
Sid's the rank and file's hero.
希德就是一线警员们的英雄
What's in it for me?
对我有什么好处呢
He's your eyes and ears in the precinct, on the beat.
他会成为你在分局的眼线
They believe he's still one of them,
他们会依旧相信他是他们中的一员
it's a win for you.
对你来说也是一场胜利
And maybe I just really didn't want to go to that party,
又或许我只是真的不想去参加派对
you think of that?
你想过这点吗
And maybe the best part is,
也许最棒的是
Sid got to be the hero
希德成为英雄
because you played the bad guy.
是因为你扮演了坏人
You fell on your sword in this.
这次 你愿意搬起石头砸自己的脚
I thought we were drinking here.
我以为我们来这是喝酒的
Drinking to the streak in you that, no matter the cost,
不惜一切代价 不计后果 把你灌醉 不省人事
can't help but try
想想就按耐不住
and give a guy a break.
也让我清静清静
Nobody's perfect.
人无完人(我会耍酒疯)
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表