I rescheduled the demonstration.
我重新计划了游♥行♥
We will burn the American flag in the name of peace.
我们将以和平的名义燃烧美国国旗
That flag,
那个旗
that you consider a prop and a stunt,
那个你们认为是阻碍和平发展的支柱
has draped the coffins of Americans
它盖在那些死去人们的棺材上
who died to give you the right to ignore that sacrifice.
给了你们这个权利而无视他们的牺牲
You're spitting on their graves.
你这是在极度鄙视他们
三年来她的外婆一直在对她撒谎
to her for three years, which is why Lily's walking around
这就是为什么丽莉一直
with a giant chip on her shoulder
承受着巨大的心理负担
thinking that her father is some innocent victim.
认为他父亲是个无辜的受害者
Well, did you ever think that maybe she's trying
好吧 你有没有想过也许她是想
to protect Lily's memory of her dad? Yeah, but feeding
维护父亲在丽莉记忆里的形象 是的 但给
this girl a bunch of lies is ruining her life.
这小女孩灌输一连串的谎言 这是在毁了她的生活
Look, when my dad went to prison,
听着 当我爸入狱的时候
nobody shielded me from anything,
没人刻意回避我
and I was forced to see my dad for who he really is--
而且我都是被迫去看望我爸 因为他实在是
and that wasn't such a great thing.
那还真不是件什么好事
Why not?
为什么不是
Because every little girl thinks her dad's a hero,
因为在每个小女孩心里 她的父亲都是一个英雄
and when she finds out that he's not a hero,
当她发现他不是个英雄的时候
it changes everything.
一切都变了
Okay, but Lily's been told that her father was a great guy,
好吧 -但是丽莉一直说她爸是个好人
and she's circling the drain.
她一直在自我催眠
I think she's better off knowing the truth.
我认为她最好还是不要知道真♥相♥
Mr. Gomez?
戈麦斯先生
I'm sorry to bother you, but I need your help.
我很抱歉打扰你 但是我需要你们的帮助
What's going on?
怎么了
Lily Coleman's grandmother called yesterday.
丽莉·科尔曼的祖母昨天打电♥话♥来了
Lily never came home. She's missing.
丽莉没回家 她失踪了
Will your lawyer be joining us, Mr. Donovan?
你的律师会来吗 多诺万先生
I don't need my damn lawyer.
我不要什么屁律师
I just need y'all to let me up out of here.
我就需要你们让我从这出去
Well, the judge has ruled that you'll
好吧 法官判决你维持拘留
remain in custody pending the result of the new trial.
等候进一步新审讯的结果
You got nothing shows I killed those people.
你们没证据表明我杀了那些人
You never did.
从未有过
Hey.
嗨
You remember me?
你还记得我吗
You're one of the lying pigs who set me up.
你是其中一只把我关起来的警♥察♥吧
I'm just the pig that's gonna make sure you stay locked up.
我就是那个来确认你仍被关起来的警♥察♥
Say what you came to say.
有屁快放
I'm authorized to offer you a deal, Mr. Donovan.
我被授权来和你做场交易 多诺万先生
You're currently serving 50 years for two homicides.
你现在因为杀人被判服刑50年
If you agree to plead guilty to two counts of manslaughter,
如果你同意认过失杀人的罪
we can recommend a reduction of sentence to 14 years,
我们可以建议减刑到14年
to include time served.
包括已经服刑时间
Now, why in the hell would I do that
现在 那究竟为什么当初
when I'm about to walk out of here?
不这么做呢
'Cause you're not gonna walk out of here.
因为你不会从这里走出去
Hey. And if you pass up on the deal
嗨 -但如果你拒绝这个交易
and go back to trial,
重新接受审讯
I'm gonna personally rebuild the case against you.
我亲自重新对你立案
And you will die in this rat hole, you understand?
然后你就会老死在这监狱里 你明白吗
Do I look like a damn moron to you?
在你眼里我就像个傻×吧
Well, actually, you do.
好吧 实际上 你像
If you had a case, you'd take me to trial,
如果你有十足的把握 你拉我上法庭
instead of begging me to take some half-assed deal.
而不是求我接受一些半途而废的交易
Now who's the moron?
现在谁是蠢蛋
Well, that would still be you.
好吧 那还是你
Let's go.
我们走吧
He may be psychotic, but he happens to be right--
他可能是个疯子 但他是对的
we have nothing.
我们毫无证据
Come on, there's got to be something you can do.
别这样 你一定还有其他事情可以做
I have an obligation to advise the D.A.
我有义务告知地方检察官
that we have insufficient evidence
我们没有足够的证据
to proceed with a new trial.
来继续进行一个新的审判
I am sorry, Danny.
我很抱歉 丹尼
Push people too far, they push back.
孤立人♥民♥太久 他们就会反抗
That was one hell of a scene there at Veterans Plaza.
像是在老兵广场发生的可怕的场景
Why would anyone want to burn the American flag?
为什么有人想烧美国国旗呢
They do it all the time in the Middle East.
在中东人们常做这些事
It's one thing when it happens overseas, boys,
发生在海外并不罕见 孩子们
but when an American lights a match in our own backyard...
但是一个美国人在本国领土上玩火上身就罕见了
Amen to that.
同意
Maybe a lot of people disagree with our foreign policy.
可能很多人不赞同我们的外交政策
Or maybe they're just a bunch of ungrateful
或者也许他们只是一群不懂尊重
knuckleheads who have no respect.
不知感恩的蠢蛋
They're entitled to their point of view, Danny.
他们有权坚守他们的观点啊 丹尼
That's all I'm saying. The fact remains
我就是这个意思 事实就是
burning the flag is protected under the First Amendment.
燃烧国旗的做法在第一修正案中被保护
No one disputes that. I do.
却没人反驳 -我反啊
I fought under that flag. Just like Dad,
我在美国的庇护下奋斗 就像我父亲
just like Grandpa. As far as I'm concerned,
就像我的祖父 在我看来
you want to burn it, you don't love this country,
你要是想要燃烧国旗 那你一定不爱这个国家
get the hell out.
那赶紧滚吧
It's not that simple, Danny.
事情不是那么简单的 丹尼
Oh, now we got to hear from the golden boy
哦 难道现在我们要听从一个
who never even wore a uniform?
从来没穿过军装的小屁孩的话吗
I wear one now, and no one respects what the flag
现在我穿的是警服 没人比我还尊重
stands for more than I do.
这面旗帜代表的东西
You know what, then I'll tell you what.
你知道什么 我来告诉你
Hop on an airplane, go to some godforsaken hellhole,
搭上飞机 到一些人间地狱去
and watch all your buddies get blown away, then talk to us
就在一边看着你的同伴一个接一个倒下 然后告诉我们
about what the flag stands for. Hey.
这个旗帜代表了什么 嗨
Let's keep it civilized, okay?
文明点好吗
Look, everyone at this table respects
听着 这个桌上的每个人都尊重
your service, but when you defend the flag,
你的工作 但当你为这个旗帜辩护的时候
you defend all the rights it stands for.
你是为它代表的一切权利辩护
Especially the rights of the people you disagree with.
特别是为那些和你意见不一致的人的权利进行辩护
the right to do something
但只是因为你有权做这些事
doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
并不意味着 你做的是正确的事
Especially when you're dishonoring
尤其是当你因为你的自♥由♥权利
the people who died for your freedom.
而让那些死去的人们蒙羞
Exactly.
确实
No one said it's right.
没人赞成那是正确的
Well, you start limiting freedoms
好吧 你开始限制自♥由♥了
so no one's offended, and soon we won't have any.
无意冒犯 不过不久之后我们不会有自♥由♥权了吧
Burning the flag is shameful, but it's legal.
燃烧旗帜是可耻的但这也是合法的
What do you do
当这两者都存在时
when it's both, Grandpa?
你会怎么做 祖父
Your job.
做好你的工作
好吧 伙计们
Time to go. Come on.
该走了 快来
Actually, meet me in the car, okay?
在车里等我 好吗
All right. Hey.
好的 嘿
Anything new
多诺万的案子有什么
on the Donovan case? -I presented
新消息吗 -我将事实
the facts to the D.A.
递交给了地方检察官
And?
然后
He told me to drop the charges.
他让我撤销指控
Come on. You can't do that.
你不能这样做
Danny, even if we go to trial, we have no case.
丹尼 就算我们把他告上法庭 我们也无法立案
I'll make a case. Just give me a little time.
我会找出立案需要的东西的 给我一点时间
Donovan spent seven years in jail
多诺万因为一个警♥察♥犯了法
because a cop broke the law.
而坐了7年牢
No. He spent seven years in jail
不不 他是因为杀了康帕内拉夫妇
because he murdered Joe and Janet Campanella.
而遭受的牢狱之灾
Married 47 years.
他们的婚姻持续了47年
Four children.
有4个孩子
Seven grandchildren.
7个孙辈
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表