Beth was always a little flighty.
贝丝总是有点轻浮
That was part of the energy that drew me to her.
这也是她吸引我的地方
She started disappearing for
她开始消失的时间
longer and longer periods of time.
越来越长
And then one night, she just didn't come back.
有一晚 她甚至没回来
You two, sit down.
你们俩 坐下
And shut that off.
把那个关掉
On your feet, Doc. Come on.
站起来 医生 快点
Come on!
快点
Looks like this interview is over, Kathy.
看来采访结束了 凯希
Jeffrey Durning, we have a warrant for your arrest.
杰弗里·邓宁 我们有你的逮捕令
Wait, this is all wrong.
等等 你们大错特错了
We also have a warrant for your arrest.
我们还有份拘捕令是给你的
For what?
以什么罪名
Hindering prosecution.
阻碍诉讼
You lied to us about where he was,
关于他的去向你对我们撒了谎
and you're assisting a fugitive.
以及协助了一名逃犯
Wait.
等一下
There's something you need to see
有样东西你得看看
that changes this whole case.
那能反转整个案件
Oh, really?
哦 真的吗
This...
这张照片...
was taken in Caracas two days ago
是两天前在加拉加斯
by a friend of Beth's.
由贝斯的一个朋友拍的
She's still alive.
她还活着
Hey.
嘿
Hey. Put the brisket in the fridge.
嘿 把牛腩放在冰箱里吧
I got us a bottle of wine
我开了瓶红酒
we're in business.
我们喝一杯
Grandpa,
爷爷
do you remember the Benny Trust heist?
你还记得本尼信托抢劫案吗
Oh, sure I do.
哦 我当然记得
Happened when I was PC.
我还是警♥察♥局局长时发生的
We always heard that it was an inside job,
传闻这是一个监守自盗案
but we could never prove it.
但我们从未能证实
Most of the thieves killed each other
大部分劫犯钱没还花出去
before they could spend the money.
就自相残杀 都死了
Why?
为什么问这件事
Just a hypothetical, but what if I told you that
假设如果我告诉你
I found some of the money?
我找到了其中的一部分钱呢
I'd say forget the brisket,
我会说别管什么牛腩了
you're taking us to Peter Luger's for family dinner.
这周你得在皮特鲁格牛排馆请我们全家吃饭
Seriously, it's a closed case, isn't it?
说真的 这个案子已经结案了 对吗
No, the term is "not an active investigation."
没有 专业术语是"调查未在进行中"
Big difference.
有很大的区别的
Let's just say a couple of partners
我们就假设有有两个搭档
stumble on a bundle of cash in a dead man's apartment.
在一个死人家里无意发现了一堆现金
Well, if they take it for themselves,
嗯 如果他们中饱私囊
they're out of a job
那么他们会丢掉工作
and maybe on their way to prison.
并有可能面对牢狱之灾
Let's just say though that they've made all the right calls
假设他们做了正确的判断
and turns out nobodys looking for that money,
发现没有人在找这些钱
but it's clear that the dead guy
但毋庸置疑的是这位死去的家伙
wanted to leave it to somebody who really needed it.
想将这笔钱留给真正需要的人
He died without leaving a will?
他死时没有留下遗书吗
Yeah.
没有
Well, then it goes to the public administrator.
那这笔钱将会交给公定遗产管理人
What if they just don't find all of it?
那么如果他们没能找到所有的钱呢
Well, then these partners have an interesting dilemma.
如果是那样 这对搭档就陷入一个有趣的困境了
A few years before the heist,
在抢劫案发生几年前
I was up in the Bronx for the Big Blackout.
当时我在布朗克斯维护大停电后的秩序
The looting was insane.
抢劫随处可见
We were locking up people left, right and center.
我们把许多人送进了大牢
Someone had broken the front window
有人闯进了当地一家
of a store that charged the most ridiculous prices.
价格非常离谱的商店
I saw a lady my age, with three little kids,
我看见一名与我年龄相仿的女士带着3个小孩
carrying out a bag full of diapers and groceries.
带着装满纸尿布和杂货的袋子
I looked her straight in the eye...
我直直地看着她的眼睛...
and I let her go.
然后我就放走了她
I made a judgment call.
我做了一个主观判断
Every good cop's got to be able to make one.
每一个好警♥察♥都有能力做一个主观判断
Not that we're talking about anything real here.
不过刚刚的那些话都不是真的
You sure this is okay?
你确定这样没问题吗
The public administrators are already done.
公定遗产管理人已经做完了
You're the closest thing to a family friend.
对他而言你是最接近亲友的人了
We're just giving you a chance
我们只是让你有机会
to pick out some clothes for Harry, for the funeral.
为哈利的葬礼挑一些衣服
No one else is coming?
没有其他人会来了吗
He had no will, no heirs.
他没留下任何遗书 也没有继承人
Just the letter to you.
只有那封留给你的信
So, we'll give you an hour.
所以 我们给你一小时时间
Whatever you leave behind goes to
你留下的东西不管是什么都会交给
the landlady or the-the clean-out company.
房♥东或者善后公♥司♥
Just...
就...
make sure you look everywhere--
确保你要找过每个角落--
the cupboards, the closets...
橱柜 衣柜...
...under the bed.
...还有床下
I'm still not sure about this.
我还是不太确定真的应该这么做
Public administrators got most of the cash
公定遗产管理人已经将那些
that was just lying around.
显而易见的钱收走了
We both know there's more.
我们都知道还有更多的钱
And no one's looking for it.
但没人在找那笔钱
Sandi needs that money to keep her grandson
桑迪需要那笔钱让她孙子
in that special school.
能在那所特殊学校继续学习
Just doesn't feel right.
只是感觉不大对
What if someone starts asking questions later?
如果以后有人开始问东问西了怎么办
Guess you'll have to decide if you're gonna rat me out.
那时你就得决定是否要告发我了
I can't believe you had me arrested on felony charges.
我不敢相信你居然以重罪指控名义逮捕了我
Well, you knew where Jeffrey Durning was
嗯 不过你知道杰佛里·邓宁的下落
and you chose to mislead us and protect him.
却选择误导我们并且包庇他
The flaw in your argument
你的论据中的问题是
is that there is no underlying crime.
压根就没有任何正在进行中的犯罪
Really?
真的吗
I've given you proof.
我已经给你提供了证据
You mean that picture from Venezuela?
你是说那张委内瑞拉的照片
It kind of blows the whole case out of the water,
看样子这张照片要让整个案件水落石出了
Anthony, doesn't it?
安东尼 你说对吗
One little problem.
有一个小小的问题
I just got off the phone with the guy in the photo.
我刚刚和照片中的人通过电♥话♥
He's five-foot-six.
他5英尺6寸高
Beth was five-foot-ten.
贝斯5英尺10寸高
And in the photo, she's looking up at him.
在照片里 她抬头看着他
How's a woman who's four inches taller
比他高4英寸的女人怎么会
appearing shorter?
看起来比他矮
Obviously, it would be tough.
显然这很难解释
I'd say.
我也这么想
Doesn't mean I'm wrong about everything.
这并不意味着所有事我都错了
You're just trying to neutralize me
你只是想要借此灭掉我
because you're afraid the former prosecutor
因为你害怕这个前检察官
is gonna make Jeffrey's defense a slam dunk.
会让杰弗里的辩护变得无懈可击
What about all the witnesses Jeffrey intimidated?
那么那些被杰佛瑞所恐吓的证人呢
Their stories didn't hold up.
他们的说辞没能禁得住敲打
Then why did Jeffrey go to Mindy's apartment
那为什么杰佛瑞几天前
the other day and threaten her?
会去明蒂的公♥寓♥威胁她呢
He's worried the truth will come out.
他害怕事实会暴露
I had no idea he'd done this.
我完全不知他有这么做
You let your ego get ahead of the facts in this case,
在这个案子上你让你的自负掩盖了事实
and you've been poisoning the jury pool with your podcast.
而且通过你的广播误导了陪审团备选人员
I thought I had a subject who was innocent.
我认为我的客户是无辜的
Is it safe to say
现在可以这样说吗
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表