concerning low-level crime
都是和低级犯罪有关
come from districts like yours, Councilman.
通常发生在比如你选区里 议员先生
We are there because your people
我们在那是因为你的选民
ask us to be there.
请求我们去那
Isn't Broken Windows
那破窗理论是不是
just another Stop and Frisk?
另一种形式的拦截和搜查吗
When you start selectively enforcing the law,
当你开始有选择性地执法
the bad guys start selectively obeying it.
那坏人就开始有选择性地服从它
Now, that is very, very catchy.
你说得非常非常的吸引人
But what about the ordinary citizens
那如何来补偿那些
that go to make up our district?
辖区里的普通市民呢
Madam Speaker,
议长女士
I came here
我到这
to defend a policy that I believe in,
是为我坚信的政策来进行辩护
and you came here to challenge
而你来这是来挑战
the very foundation of that belief,
这个信仰的基础
so, if your bill passes,
如果你的法案通过
the press will say you won.
媒体们会说你赢了
If it fails, they'll say I did.
如果没通过 他们会说我赢了
But either way,
但无论如何
they'd only be half right.
他们只说对了一半
The truth is,
事实上
we'd both lose.
我们都输了
How is that?
此话怎讲
Well, if you succeed in undercutting Broken Windows,
如果你成功的废除了"破窗政策"
that's a nice headline for you,
这是个不错的新闻标题
but when the crime rate soars...
但当犯罪率激增...
and it will--
也必然会--
you'd get the blame.
你就会被指责
And if the policy stays in place,
而如果相关政策依旧保持不变的话
despite the attacks on it by this council,
忽略委员会对它的抨击
I will look likea tone-deaf autocrat,
我会被看成一名我行我素的独♥裁♥者
and the gap between my department
从而致使民众与我的部门
and the public will grow larger.
之间的代沟越来越大
What do you suggest?
那你有什么提议吗?
Once upon a time,
很久很久以前
there was a thing called compromise.
有一种东西叫妥协
It's become kind of a dirty word these days.
如今它已是大家闭口不谈的贬义词
But our country was founded on it.
但我们的国家建立在这两个字上
And it served us all very well.
而很长一段时间内它也
For a very long time.
为我们带来了许多好处
Thank you for the civics lesson.
谢谢你带来的公民教育
Everything okay, Detective?
没什么事吧 警探
Actually, no. Your wife's fiancé
事实上并不好 你妻子的未婚夫
went missing. You know anything
失踪了 你有什么
about that, Ronnie?
头绪吗 罗尼?
No. Sorry.
没有 抱歉
Hey!
嘿
Ronnie!
罗尼
Ronnie!
罗尼
Shut up!
闭嘴
Shut up!
闭嘴
Shut up!
别喊了
Drop the gun, Ronnie!
把枪放下 罗尼
He's trying to take my family!
他试图抢走我的家庭
You don't want to do this.
你不想这么做
Help! I have to!
救命 我不得不这么做
You said divorce was a sin, you remember that?
你说过离婚是项罪孽 还记得吗
Well, murder's a bigger sin.
而谋杀是更恶劣的罪行
Now drop the gun!
现在放下枪
I just want 'em back.
我只想他们回来啊
Hey.
嘿
You shoot him,
你开枪杀了他
and I'm gonna shoot you.
我就不得不开枪杀了你
I don't want to do that, Ronnie.
我不想那么做 罗尼
'Cause if that happens,
因为如果这么做的话
not gonna have a father.
那么马修的父亲将不复存在
Hey, look at me.
嘿 看着我
Look at me!
看着我
Your wife left you.
你妻子离你而去
I can see what it's doing to you.
我能看出这事在对你产生影响
It's tearing you up, Ronnie.
它在撕裂你 罗尼
Don't do the same thing to your son.
别对你儿子做同样的事
Put it down.
放下它吧
There you go.
这就好
Step back.
退后
Speaker Thomas.
托马斯议长
Give us the room, please.
请把房♥间留给我们 谢谢
As if he doesn't know it's me?
搞得好像他不知道是我一样
My people just informed me that, uh,
我的人刚刚告诉我 额
I don't have the numbers,
我没有足够的票数
and my bill is going to be voted down.
而我的提议也将随之东流付诸东流
Not if it doesn't come up before the full council.
不到黄河不死心 不见棺材不落泪
You knew you had the numbers.
你知道你的票数会比我多
You knew it this whole time.
你一直都很清楚这点
I also know that what I said in there is true.
我同时也很清楚我那时说的话都是事实
You losing doesn't mean I win.
你的失败不代表着我的胜利
Well...
那么...
Just so we're clear,
我们把话说清楚了
Broken Windows goes too far.
破窗理论走的太远了
I mean, you just keep
我的意思是 你不停的
putting people in the system,
将人们拉进这个制度中来
more people,
而每当你逮捕人时
you create new criminals.
你就会创造更多的不法之徒
Well, we can talk about that.
这个 我们可以谈谈吧
Wait, you're willing to discuss a change in the policy?
等等 你愿意谈论制度中的变革?
Yeah.
是啊
Be happy to hear your ideas.
洗耳恭听
Oh, your nose is growing.
哦 你的鼻子开始变长了
But you know what?
但你知道什么吗
I'm gonna take you up on it.
我还会跟你在这件事上较量的
I'm gonna come and see you.
我们还会再见的
Good.
乐意
Madam Speaker.
议长女士
Commissioner.
局长先生
If you don't mind,
如果您不介意
I'll just slip out the back.
我就从后门出去了
All right.
好的
To be continued?
未完待续
Exactly.
没错
Sorry to drop in unannounced.
抱歉我不请自来
You're a judge.
你是名法官
You can do whatever you want.
你可以为所欲为
I was sorry to hear about your suspension.
我对你的停职表示十分抱歉
Me, too.
我也是
I spoke
今天我
with the Commission on Judicial Conduct today.
跟司法处理委员会谈过了
I thought the DA withdrew my complaint.
我以为地方检察官驳回了我的诉状
He did.
他确实驳回了
I called them.
是我召集的他们
I don't understand.
我不明白
You were right, Erin.
你是对的 艾琳
I allowed my personal life to cloud my judgment.
我让我的私人生活影响了我的判决
I see that now.
我现在才看清了这点
You suffered a huge loss, Zach.
你痛失爱人 扎克
Yes, but others shouldn't suffer because of it.
是的 但其他人不应该因此跟我一起受罪
The commission is reviewing all my recent rulings,
委员会正在评审我近期裁定
and I reassigned my cases.
我也重新分配了我的案子
I'm going to be taking an indefinite leave of absence.
我想我会请一个无限期的休假吧
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表