Okay, this is it.
听 直播开始了
We're broadcasting on WQTI,
我们正在WQTI做现场直播
streaming on WQTI.org.
直播视频可在WQTI.org上观看
本期的主题为"法律不公"
Our guest is Jeffrey Durning,
今天的嘉宾是杰弗里·邓宁
distinguished heart surgeon,philanthropist,
著名的心脏外科医生 慈善家
and defendant in one of the most sensational murder trials
还是一起近十年来最耸人听闻的
of the decade.
谋杀案的被告
Jeffrey, thanks for joining us.
杰弗里 感谢你的到来
Thank you for having me on, Kathy.
谢谢你们给我这个机会 凯希
Oh, please, give me a break.
拜托 别逗了
You know they can't hear you, right?
你知道他们听不到你说话的吧
I must admit, I feel a little strange
我不得不说 跟你说话的感觉
talking to you.
有点奇怪
The last time we saw each other was a year ago in the courtroom
我们上次见面是在一年前的法庭上
when I was prosecuting you for killing your wife Beth.
当时我正在起诉你谋杀你的妻子贝丝一案
I'm glad you had the courage to re-examine
我很高兴你能勇敢地重审证据
the evidence and come to a more honest conclusion,
得出了一个更有良心的结论
which is more than I can say
相比你之前那些同事来说
for some of your former colleagues.
我可以说你好多了
Yeah, well, if he's so honest,
既然是个诚实的人
how come you're hiding from us,
那为什么还要躲着我们
and telling your story on the air
选择在广播里说事
instead of in a courtroom?
而不是在法庭上坦白
The first trial ended in a hung jury,
第一次审判因陪审团举棋不定而终止
so tell me, why do you think
那么你告诉我 为什么你觉得
the Manhattan D.A.'s office is coming after you again?
曼哈顿地方检察官又盯上了你
Maybe because you killed your wife
可能因为你杀了你的妻子
and you dumped her body from a plane over the Atlantic?
然后从飞机上把她的尸体丢进大西洋吧
Obviously, the office has had a series
很明显 地检署已经"干掉"了
of high-profile disasters.
一系列高调人士
They're looking for a rich, white man's scalp
他们现在正在找一个富有的白人男子
to make up for them.
来增加他们的战利品
Of course, now we have my old friend
没错 现在我的老朋友艾琳·雷根
Erin Reagan saying she has new evidence,
说她掌握了新的证据
but like your wife's body, no one has seen it.
但就像你老婆的尸体一样 不见其形
Police! Come on, out of the way.
警♥察♥ 快点让路
Move! Get out of the way.
快 让开
Oh, it looks like
看起来
we have some surprise guests joining us.
有不速之客光临寒舍了
We're gonna take a break.
我们休息一下
Where is he?
他在哪儿
Obviously not on the premises.
很显然不在这里
Oh, my God, I hate these things!
该死 我讨厌这玩意儿
Aren't they supposed to shut off after three minutes?
警报响了三分钟不就应该停下来了吗
It's an older model; I guess the guy didn't get the message
这车型太老了 我猜车主不知道他的车子一直在响
he needed to get it fixed.
他早该修一修了
Or that he needs to move the car for street cleaning.
那他也应该为街道清扫挪一下车子
How long has it been here?
这车在这儿多久了
A couple days at least, right?
好几天了吧
Excuse me, ma'am!
不好意思 女士
You know whose car this is?
你知道这是谁的车吗
Hey, handsome.
你好啊 帅哥
What's it worth to you?
告诉你我能得到什么好处呀
My tenant,Harry Clark.
我房♥客 哈利·卡拉克的车子
I keep telling him he needs a new car.
我告诉他好几次 他该换辆新车了
I know he can afford it.
我知道他买♥♥得起的
Would you have him come down?
你可以叫他下来吗
I would, if I'd seen him lately.
我是想啊 但我得见到他人
Ma'am, do you notice that smell inside your apartment?
女士 你有注意到你的公♥寓♥里有味道吗
No.
没有
But my nose stopped working years ago.
我的鼻子好几年前就不灵了
Too much fun in the '70s.
七十年代的时候我玩的太疯了
You know what I'm saying.
你懂我意思的
Can we come take a look?
我们可以进去看看吗
Sure. Come on in.
当然了 进来吧
Ma'am, can you please wait outside?
女士 你可以在外面等一下吗
Eddie, he's in here.
埃迪 他在这儿
Oh, he's ripe.
尸体已经腐烂了
It's been a few days, huh?
死了好几天了 对吧
Poor Harry.
可怜的哈利
Ma'am, I asked you to wait outside.
女士 我之前叫你等在外面的
Is this Harry Clark, ma'am?
这是哈利·卡拉克吗 女士
Yeah.
是的
Although, come to think of it,
不过我仔细一想
name.
这可能不是他的真名
What do you mean?
什么意思
I never saw a bank check with his name on it.
我从来没见过他名下的银行支票
Always paid the rent in cash.
他还总是用现金交房♥租
And some of his mail came with different names on it.
他的一些信件上甚至写着不同的名字
Do you have a next of kin we can contact?
你有他亲人联♥系♥方式吗
No. No one ever visited him.
没有 没人来看过他
Uh, Eddie, see if you canfind some Vicks.
埃迪 找点儿香草糖来
The smell's starting to get to me.
我开始受不了这个味道了
I may have some. Thank you, ma'am.
我好像有些 谢谢你了 女士
We're all set, thank you.
我们自己来就好 谢谢你
Well, if you need me for anything, just call me.
如果你们有什么需要帮忙的就打给我
And, you, just call me.
你的话 有事没事都要打给我
Okay.
好吧
Good to see you, Nick. You're looking well.
很高兴见到你 尼克 你看起来气色不错
Thank you. You, too.
谢了 你也是
Thanks for this.
谢谢你安排这个
Yeah.
嗯
How's the family?
家里面怎么样
Good.
挺好的
Yours? Grown up and out.
你的呢 长大成人 各自离家
Your son, kind of a hothead, whatever happened to him?
你那个暴脾气儿子 现在怎么样了
Detective, first grade. Oh.
他当了一级警探 哇
And the other one, going to Harvard?
另一个儿子呢 上了哈佛那个
On the job as well,
也当了警♥察♥
and my daughter Erin works for the D.A.'s office.
而且我女儿艾琳在地检署工作
It's nice having a family business, huh?
有个家族事业真棒 对吧
It is.
没错
You know, Frank, when I heard that you got your father's job,
你知道吗 弗兰克 当我听说你继任了你父亲的工作
I was happy to hear that.
我感到很高兴
They gave it to the right man.
他们找对了人
Thank you.
谢谢
Tyrell Dawes, come on in.
提瑞尔·道斯 进来
Sit down.
坐下
You know why you're here?
你知道你为什么来这儿吗
My parole officer said I should come by here,
我的假释官说我应该顺路来转转
but I didn't have to by law.
但法律没规定我一定要来
This is your Offender Notification Forum.
这是你的犯罪通告讨论会
We hold them for people who just got out of prison
这是我们专为刚出狱而且
with a high risk of going back.
极有可能再犯的人开设的
Come on, man, what do you got, a crystal ball?
拜托 你们是有个预测犯罪的水晶球还是怎样
You're a gang member who just did three and a half
你是个黑帮成员
for committing a robbery with a handgun
刚因为持枪抢劫
in New York City.
在纽约蹲了三年半的牢
Come on, man.
别这样
What do you got, an extra eight-by-ten for my moms?
你们到底想干嘛 又想把我抓近牢里去
Turn it over.
把卡片翻过来
What's "15" mean?
这个“15”是什么意思
That's the number of years you will do
这个数字的意思是如果你再持枪抢劫
if you commit another crime with a gun.
那就要再蹲十五年
And that's a hard number;
这就是最终结果
there won't be any pleading it down.
你一点儿减刑的机会都没有
It's up to you, Tyrell.
一切取决于你 提瑞尔
None of y'all know me.
你们都不了解我
None of y'al know where I've been or where I'm going.
你们都不知道我经历过什么或以后要怎么办
Yeah, we do.
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表