我只是随便摆弄一下调查的线索
I toy with the little lines of inquiry, that is all.
当然 你会跑在我的前面
You, of course, will be well ahead of me.
我们知得了对凶手的描述
Well, we've got a description of the murderer.
是啊 一个中等身高的男人 戴着宽沿帽子
Yes, a man of medium height wearing a broad-brimmed hat,
蓄着很浓的胡子
sporting a beard that is large and fluffy.
你是怎么知道的?
How did you know that?
这就是偷走安斯特拉瑟先生自行车的人
That is a description of the man who stole the bicycle of Mr. Anstruther.
我们必须找到它 黑斯廷斯
lt is essentiaI that we find it, Hastings.
噢 好的
Oh, right.
找到什么?
Find what?
自行车
The bicycle!
我还很想知道
Also, I am most anxious
阿奇·哈弗林先生是否有
to establish whether or not Mr. Archie Havering had
佩斯先生被杀时的不在场证明
an alibi for the time that M. Pace was shot.
你并不喜欢你的叔叔 是吗?
You didn't really like your uncIe, did you?
你在暗示什么?
What are you implying?
很抱歉 但我必须问你
Look, I'm sorry about this. I'm afraid I have to ask you.
波洛想知道昨晚你叔叔被杀时
Poirot wants to know what you were doing yesterday evening at the time of your uncle's death.
你在做什么
How dare you?
你怎么可以这么问?
What on earth makes you think
你怎么会觉得 我会是杀哈利叔叔那种人呢?
I'd want to kill a man like my Uncle Harry?
我告诉你 他卑鄙之极
I tell you, he was beneath contempt.
小气 自私
Mean and selfish.
你知道 猎场看守人斯托达德
You know Stoddard the gamekeeper
是他同父异母的兄弟吗?
is his half-brother,
是他父亲的私生子之一!
one of his father's bastards.
天啊!
Good lord!
他们的血缘至亲
His own blood,
但他把他当做仆人
and he used him like a servant.
他一开始是怎么赚到钱的呢?
How did he get his money in the first place?
我告诉你吧
I'll tell you.
他欺骗了他在梅奥郡的伙伴
He cheated his partner in County Mayo,
然后用这笔钱在战争中牟取暴利
then used the money for profiteering on the war.
而且人们还很喜欢他
And people liked him!
他对此吹嘘自夸 人们还给他鼓掌
He boasted about it, and people applauded!
出去!
Clear off!
你好?
Hello?
总探长?
Chief Inspector?
啊 你的感冒怎么样了 波洛?
Ah, how's the cold, Poirot?
这不是感冒 这是要命的发烧
It is not a cold. It is a deadly fever!
嗯 真是太糟糕了
Hmm, nasty.
但是 我已经请哈弗林夫妇到酒店来
However, I have asked Mr. and Mme. Havering to come to the hotel.
我现在确定 罗杰·哈弗林先生说的不是真话
I am now convinced that Mr. Roger Havering has not been telling the truth.
哈弗林先生 你说
You say, Mr. Havering,
你是九点到的伦敦
that you arrived at London at 9:00.
你能提供的唯一证人就是
The onIy witness that you can produce
你十点到达的俱乐部的门房♥
is the doorman at your club where you arrived at 10:00.
你说这一个小时
You say that you spent this hour
你从国王十字号♥走到了圣詹姆士号♥
walking between King's Cross at St. James', and yet,
但是你没法描述你的行踪
you can describe none of your movements,
没有任何事件 没有街道名 什么都没有
no events, no street names, rien -- nothing.
这根本不是我在追踪的线索 波洛
This isn't the line I've been following at all, Poirot.
你什么意思?
What are you driving at?
我说的是 当地铁路有一条弯路
I am driving at a curve in the line of the local railway.
这段环形铁路 连接着阿什比皮卡德车站
A loop of iron which connects Ashby Pickard
和阿什比沃肯的一个小车站
with the little station of Ashby le Walken.
什么?
What?
哈弗林先生 一个人很有可能
It is quite possible, Mr. Havering,
在一个车站搭乘六点一刻的火车
for a man to catch the 6:15 train at one station
然后在下一站下车
and get off at the next.
在自行车的帮助下 回到了狩猎小屋
With the aid of a bicycIe, he returns to Hunter's Lodge
用胡子和宽沿帽子给自己伪装
disguised with a beard and wearing a broad-brimmed hat.
他枪杀了自己想杀的人
He shoots the man he wishes to shoot.
然后 他在阿什比皮卡德坐上七点二十的火车
Then he catches the 7:20 from Ashby Pickard,
这辆车比六点一刻的那一辆快
a train that is faster than the 6:15,
能够让他十点钟 准时到达伦敦的俱乐部
which will get him to London in time to be at his club by 10:00.
我的天啊
My God.
你是认真的 是吗?
You're serious, aren't you?
我当然是认真的
It is a serious affair!
一个人被杀了 而你即将面临指控
A man has been killed and you are about to be accused of his murder.
我?
Me?
就是你 先生
You, sir.
你还没看出来吗 先生?
Do you not see it, monsieur?
你必须告诉我们 你那天晚上的行踪
You must tell us of your movements that night.
绝对不行
Absolutely not.
我不能说
I can't.
老天啊 罗杰 为什么不能说?
For God's sake, Roger, why not?
我就是不能说...
I just can't.
波洛?
Well, Poirot?
继续吧 总探长
Carry on, Chief Inspector.
请你跟我去一趟警♥察♥局 先生
I would like you to accompany me to the local police station, sir.
什么?
What?
我想问你几个有关你叔叔
l wish to question you in connection with the murder
哈林顿·佩斯被杀的问题
of your uncle, Mr. Harrington Pace,
还有管家米德尔顿太太失踪一事
and with the disappearance of the housekeeper, Mrs. Middleton.
什么事?
Yes?
是找你的 总探长
It's for you, Chief lnspector.
我是贾普
Japp.
好的
Right.
什么事?
What is it?
他们找到米德尔顿太太了
They found Mrs. Middleton.
我们没有来晚 是吗?
We're not late, are we?
不晚 她还没有到
No, she hasn't arrived yet.
你不是应该躺在床上吗?
Shouldn't you be in bed?
也许吧 但请别担心
Possibly, but, please, do not fuss.
昨晚你看起来就快死了
You Iooked Iike you were at death's door last night.
很不幸 总探长
Unfortunately, Chief Inspector,
死亡的 是我的胃口
it was my appetite that was dead.
我的赤松鸡拿来喂猫了
My Tetras à l'Hongroise, it was fed to the cat.
米德尔顿太太?
Mrs. Middleton?
是的 我是米德尔顿太太
Yes, I'm Mrs. Middleton.
你让我来这里做什么?
Well, what have you brought me here for?
中介处的安排是
The instructions from the agency
坐火车到阿什比皮卡德 有人会在那里见你
were to go to Ashby Pickard by train and I'd be met there,
工作时间是一个月
and the engagement would be for one month.
所以我就去了
So, I did.
见我的 是一位非常漂亮的爱尔兰女士...
And I was met by a very nice Irish lady who --
爱尔兰? 你确定?
Irish? You sure?
噢 是的
Oh, yes!
她说 她是佩斯太太 而且...
She said she was Mrs. Pace.
她说有一个令人尴尬的混乱事情
And she said there'd been an embarrassing mix-up.
什么样的混乱事情?
What sort of mix-up?
她说 他们取消了今年的狩猎
She said they were canceling the shooting this year
所以 不需要我当管家
and there was no household for me to keep.
但不管怎样
So, anyway,
她说 如果我不把这事告诉中介 她会很感激的
she said she'd be grateful if I didn't say anything to the agency
因为 她不想让他们觉得 她不可信
because she didn't want them to think she was unreliable,
你懂的
you know?
她很慷慨
And she was very generous.
她说 她会给我两个月的工资
She said she'd give me two months' wages in lieu
只要我同意一个月内
if I'd agree not to put myself back on
不到中介处登记
the agency books for a full month.
你同意了?
And you agreed?
是的
Yes!
她看起来非常好
She seemed very nice.
你一直都很安静
You kept very quiet through all that.
我不太舒服...
l am unweII --
米德尔顿太太的证词 把一切都改变了
and it changes everything, this testimony of Mme. Middleton.
这在我看来很直接
Well, it all seems pretty straightforward to me.
我们还是要找到这个假扮管家的女人
We still have to find this other woman who pretended to be a housekeeper.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表