玛格丽特·克莱顿是无辜的
that Marguerite Clayton is innocent.
接着说
Go on.
爱德华·克莱顿认为他的妻子对他不忠
Edward Clayton believed his wife to be unfaithfuI.
有流言传出 但他并不确定
There was talk, but he was not certain,
所以他来找你 他的朋友
so he came to you, his friend,
而你提供了一个很好的计谋
and you suggested a scheme fantastique.
你会听我的吗?
Will you listen to me?
你会按我说的做吗?
Will you do as I say?
我只是不知道 能不能熬过去 柯蒂斯
l just don't know if l can go through with it, Curtiss.
克莱顿先生对妻子不忠的事 耿耿于怀
Mr. Clayton was obsessed with the possibility that his wife had been unfaithful,
而你 为了自己的目的 就煽风点火
and so you fueled his jealousy for your own ends.
首先 你告诉他 必须玩假装离开的老把戏
First, you tell him he must play the oId, oId trick of pretending to go away.
去苏格兰公干 正是个很好的借口
A business trip to Scotland will do very nicely.
然后 他借此进入里奇少校的家里
Then he gains admission to the house of Major Rich
并以留便条为借口 留下来
under the pretext of leaving a note.
然后 遵照你的计划
Then, following your scheme,
爱德华·克莱顿 把自己藏在了西班牙箱子里
Edward Clayton conceals himself inside the Spanish chest.
现在 他能亲耳听到发生的事情
Now he can hear for himself what takes place.
也许 他能听到 里奇少校向他的妻子求爱
Perhaps he will hear Major Rich make Iove to his wife,
但是 至少这种折磨会结束
but at least the torment wiII be over.
他会知道真♥相♥的
He will know.
但 还有一个问题要考虑
But there is one further consideration.
为了能在箱子里呼吸 他需要空气
To breathe inside the box, he needs the air,
所以 借着他携带的工具
and so, with the instrument he has brought,
他钻了一个孔 这样他不仅可以呼吸
he makes a hole through which he can not only breathe,
更重要的是
but, most important of all,
他可以观察外面的情况
through which he can observe.
但是 可怜的上当的克莱顿
But the poor, deluded Clayton.
他不知道你也爱着玛格丽特
He did not know that you also were in love with Marguerite,
你一直爱着她 甚至为她进行过决斗
that you had always loved her, fought even a duel for her.
准备好了吗?
Fertig? Ready?
我们是英国人 老天!
We are English, for God's sake!
谁告诉你这些的?
Who told you that?
是你脸上的伤疤
l was joking. Your scar.
你的第一个计划 只是除掉爱德华·克莱顿
Your first scheme had been merely to get rid of Edward Clayton,
但是 即使除掉了她的丈夫
but even with her husband out of the way,
你担心 她可能最后接受一个更年轻的人
you began to fear that she might eventually turn to a younger man.
里奇少校
Major Rich.
你最后的计划是 要除掉他们两个人
This Iast scheme of yours would encompass them both.
你的重重一击 爱德华·克莱顿死了
With one stroke, Edward Clayton is dead,
而里奇上校 会因谋杀罪被绞死
and Major Rich will hang for the murder.
没人知道我在这里
Nobody knows I'm here.
明天警♥察♥找到你的时候
When the police find you tomorrow,
他们会知道 释放里奇是错误的
they'll know they were wrong to release Rich.
你还想为玛格丽特·克莱顿决斗吗?
You still wish to fight for Marguerite Clayton
在这么多年之后?
after all these years?
但不是和我决斗
But not with me, I think.
你愿意为她而战吗 上校?
Will you fight for her, CoIoneI?
你该死!
Damn you!
我会永远记得你的恩情 波洛先生
I'm forever in your debt, Mr. Poirot.
别这么说 女士 这没什么
Eh bien, madame, it was nothing.
我丈夫虽然不太讨人喜欢 但...
My husband was not a likeable man, but...
被冷血的谋杀!
to be murdered in cold blood.
我不懂 你为什么要逮捕克莱顿太太
I don't see why you had Mrs. Clayton arrested.
里奇少校 这是为了让柯蒂斯上校现身
Major Rich, it was necessary to smoke out the Colonel Curtiss,
而且 为了让克莱顿太太 引起公众注意
you understand? And to make a public spectacle of Mrs. Clayton.
这是唯一的办法
It was the only way.
你真了不起!
You were wonderful.
就像其他人说的 女士...
Well, as they say, madame...
这没什么
it was nothing.
我只是...
I was...
走运了 就是这样
lucky, that is all.
我们会永远感激你的 波洛先生
We'll always be grateful to you, Mr. Poirot.
非常感谢
Thank you.
永远!
Always.
- 再见 - 再见
- Goodbye. - Goodbye.
没什么? 走运?!
Nothing? Lucky?
我正在学习 黑斯廷斯
I am learning, Hastings.
这样更像英国人 不是吗?
It is more English, yes,
谦虚 不是吗?
the humbleness? Well,
我正在学习
I am learning.
我会成为世上最谦虚的人
I shall be the most humble person in the world.
没人像赫尔克里·波洛那么谦虚
No one shall match HercuIe Poirot for his ".humbility"
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表