“明日之星”?
Rising Star.
我所有的家当 都押在那匹老马身上了!
Every penny I had in the world on that nag.
我最后的机会
My last chance.
你在报纸上看到结果的时候 一定很震惊
Must have given you a nasty shock when you read the result in the paper.
震惊?
Shock?
你知道我为什么在这里吗?
Do you know why I'm here?
这是我知道的 唯一不会被债主找到的地方
This is the only place I know where my bookmaker can't get at me.
我是说 我也不想坐在这里喝酒
I mean, I don't want to sit here drinking.
我其实不喜欢喝酒 你知道吗?
I actually dislike drink. Do you know that?
你为什么会押“高地”?
Why did you back Highland Laddie?
噢 有人给我指点了
Oh, I had a tip.
我真的不喜欢那些得到指点的人
I really dislike people who get tips.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是个好人 但是你应该公平一点
You're a good chap, though. You've got to be fair.
你怎么知道我是从报纸上知道结果的?
How did you know I read about it in the paper?
噢 是你说的 你说你不在马场
Oh, you said. You said you weren't at the course.
我说了吗? 你是个好人
Did I say that? You are a good chap.
我所有的家当! 我看着那张报纸...
Every penny l had. I looked at that newspaper.
知道吗 如果我有资金 我就会成功的
I could be a success, you know, if I just had the capital.
还有别人的指点
And tips.
你没有可以寻求帮助的人吗? 借点钱
Isn't there anyone you could go to for capitaI?
没有 现在没有了
Not a soul in the world. Not now.
我不想说这个了
I don't want to talk about that.
我要求见法国领事
I demand to see the French consul.
迟早会让你见的 伯爵先生
All in good time, Mr. le Comte.
这件案子很严重
This is a serious business.
我说过了 我对卡林顿太太之死一无所知
I know nothing of the death of Mrs. Carrington, l teII you.
这个消息也打击了我
I am devastated by it.
我现在对这些事情更感兴趣
I'm rather more interested in these things for the moment.
哈利迪先生来了 先生
Mr. Halliday is here, sir.
- 带他进来 - 好的 先生
-Show him in. -Very good, sir.
哈利迪先生
Mr. Halliday.
哈利迪先生 我向你致以深切的同情
Mr. HaIIiday, I am devastated for you.
现在伯爵说 他最后一次见你女儿
Now, the count says he last saw your daughter
是星期三 他们一起在艾德菲酒店喝茶
when he had tea with her at the Adelphi on Wednesday.
他确实和她一起喝过茶
Yeah, he did have tea with her.
但是有一件事很有意思 哈利迪先生
One interesting thing, though, Mr. Halliday,
他有这些东西
is that he had these with him.
不记名债券
Bearer bonds.
而且伯爵无法告诉我们 是什么样的财政交易
And what the count can't tell us, you see, is what sort of financial dealings would
需要他怀揣价值两万英镑的债券
require him to bring £20,000 worth of these bonds into England
来到英国 然后三天后又把它们带回巴黎
and then take them back again to Paris three days later.
很明显 他是把这当做保证金
WeII, he was obviousIy using them as security.
什么东西的保证金?
Security for what?
这是我的银行业务
That is my bank's business.
但银行可不是这么说的 先生
Not according to them, it isn't, sir.
我给银行打过电♥话♥
I rang them up, you see?
他们很想和你谈谈
They're quite anxious to have a word with you.
我们说的是什么银行?
What, uh --What bank are we talking about?
巴黎国际银行
The International Bank of Paris.
等一下!
Wait a minute.
我知道他是给什么东西下保证了
I know what he wanted the security for.
十天前 有人传出流言
10 days ago, somebody started a rumor
一个地质学家对我的一个矿井的报告不太有利
that a geologist's report on one of my mines was gonna be unfavorable.
股价直线下滑
The shares plummeted.
凶手一定就是他
You must have made a real killing.
他一定是在股价三先令的时候买♥♥进
He'd have bought the shares at about three shiIIings
然后 在今天真实报告出来之后卖♥♥出
and sold them the day after the reaI report came out
股价差不多又回到了二十先令
and they went back up again to about 20.
所以 就赚了十万英镑
Making about £100,000.
听起来像是诈骗集团干的事
This sounds like something for the fraud department.
诈骗?
Fraud?
什么诈骗?
What fraud?
这是正常的商业交易
It's normal business practice.
怪不得你急于要最新的报纸!
No wonder you were so anxious to get hold of a late edition.
他去了阿斯科特赛马♥会♥
He went down to Ascot,
把所有钱都押在了“明日之星”上
put everything he had on Rising Star.
他一知道那匹马输了 就问弗洛伦斯借钱
As soon as he knew the horse had lost, he asked Florence for a loan.
她拒绝了 所以...
She refused him. so...
波罗 终于把他的嘴撬开了
Right, Poirot, the frog's cracked.
我就知道 他的打算是
I knew it. What he was reckoning was
如果他的交易出错了
he'd use Mrs. Carrington as a backup
他就会让卡林顿先生当后援
in case his deal went wrong.
不不不 他在赛马♥会♥上把钱输光了
No, no, no. He lost every penny he had at the races.
赛马? 谁? 什么赛马?
Races? Who had? What races?
鲁伯特·卡林顿 “明日之星”
Rupert Carrington. Rising Star.
- 不不不 - 这和卡林顿没有关系
No, no, it's got nothing to do with Carrington.
拜托拜托 朋友们
Please, please, please, my friends.
拜托!
If you please.
我要怎么仲裁你们俩有独创性的理论
How can I possibly arbitrate between your two ingenious theories
如果我连你们说的话 都听不清楚?
if I can hardly distinguish one word of them?
现在 总探长 就我理解 你的理论是
Now, Chief lnspector, your theory, as I understand it, is that
罗奇福伯爵
the Comte de Rochefour
打算向卡林顿太太求助
intended to use Mme. Carrington as a fall back on.
如果交易出现了问题
If the takeover deal went wrong,
他就会向她借钱 赎回这些债券?
he would then demand of her the money in order to redeem the bonds.
他是这么说的
He's admitted as much.
但交易并没有出错 不是吗?
But the deaI, it did not go wrong, did it?
那伯爵为什么要为了珠宝 杀死卡林顿太太?
So why should the count kill for the jewels of Mme. Carrington?
而黑斯廷斯 你的理论是当卡林顿先生
Whereas, Hastings, your theory is that when M. Carrington
发现他押注的马在最后一根栅栏摔倒了
discovered that his certain winner fell at the last fence,
他就向他太太要钱
he then demanded from his wife the money
为的是消除债主的威胁
in order to remove the threat of the bookmakers.
当她拒绝的时候 他为了珠宝杀死了她?
And when she refused, he killed her for her jewelry.
- 正是! - 那你告诉我 黑斯廷斯
-Exactly. -Then you tell me, Hastings,
卡林顿先生为什么还要躲着他的债主
why does Mr. Carrington still lurk about his club,
借酒买♥♥醉
drinking himself into oblivion and shaking with fear
担心他的债主们会对他怎么样?
of what they might do to him, these very same bookmakers?
不 这些头脑发热时的猜测还是不行
These feverish speculations, they wiII not do.
逻辑和条理 才应该是我们思维的指导
Order and method wiII be our guides.
现在 我已经查询过莱蒙小姐的文件
Now, I have been consulting the admirable files of Miss Lemon.
所以 总探长
So, Chief lnspector,
叫上四个出色的下属
get four of your best men
九点钟在这个地方见我们
and meet us at this address at 9:00.
找到珠宝 就找到了凶手
Find the jeweIs, and you'll find the killer.
发生什么事了?
What's happening?
没什么
Nothing.
他在敲门
He's knocking at the door
等一下 有人来开门了
HoId on. Someone's answered.
他进去了
He's gone in.
我真希望知道他在做什么
I wish I knew what he was up to.
我不太确定这是怎么回事 怎么称呼
I'm not quite clear what this is about, Mister...
一个朋友建议我来找你
A friend advised me to get in touch with you.
一个朋友? 什么朋友?
Friend? What friend?
他不想让别人知道他的名字
He prefers to remain anonymous.
噢 是吗?
Oh, yes.
我想 我不会在乎匿名的朋友
l don't think I care for anonymous friends.
我的朋友急于买♥♥一些珠宝
My friend is anxious to buy some jewelry.
附近有很多商店
Plenty of shops around.
你看起来像个珠宝商
You look like a jeweler.
啊 你的眼光真毒 先生
You're very acute, monsieur.
好吧
Very well.
也许你看过珠宝抢劫的新闻
Perhaps you read of the jewelry robbery
就在前天 在普利茅斯快车上?
the day before yesterday on the Plymouth Express?
我才不看这样的垃圾新闻
I don't read that sort of trash.
你真的很聪明 先生
You are very wise, monsieur.
那些珠宝都沾着血 会很难卖♥♥的
There is blood on those jewels. It will make them very hard to seII.
你真的是个有趣的人 不是吗?
You're a funny little fellow, aren't you?
你是什么人?
What are you?
黑山共和国人? 波兰人?
Montenegrin? Polish?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表