那么 朗科恩女士...
So, Lady Runcorn,
你并不否认你回到了房♥子里
you don't deny that you went back into the house.
我刚刚就这么说过了 黑斯廷斯上校
But I just told you that, Captain Hastings.
你在里面看到其他人了吗?
Did you see anyone else inside?
看到了 有人从楼下的卫生间里出来了
Yes, there was someone coming out of the downstairs bathroom.
但我没有看清是谁
But I didn't see who it was.
你为什么会在房♥子里 朗科恩女士?
Why were you in the house, Lady Runcorn?
我是回去拿手提包的
I went to fetch my handbag.
我把它忘在里面了
I'd left it inside.
好吧 伯爵夫人
Eh bien, Countess.
明天我带你去泰特美术馆
Tomorrow I will take you to the Tate Gallery
去看特纳家族的收藏
to see their collection of the Turners.
我发现 这些表现派的画 很令人激动
But I find these expressionist painters so exciting.
你不觉得吗 赫尔克里?
Don't you, Hercule?
某种程度上说 是的
In part, yes.
知道吗 我的熟人都不会这样叫我的
Do you know, I do not believe that there is anyone of my acquaintance who calls me by that name.
噢 很抱歉 请原谅
Oh. I am so sorry. Excuse me.
女士
Madame.
我觉得这幅画最讨人喜欢
Now, this I find most pleasing.
马克·夏卡尔 又一个俄♥国♥人
Marc Chagall. Another Russian in exile.
【马克·夏卡尔:法国画家】
一个离乡背井(流亡)的人
我想 他住在巴黎吧
He lives in Paris, I believe.
人们称他为 建构主义者
A constructivist, they call him.
人们一看他的作品就明白了
But one only has to look at his work to see --
是吗?
Yes?
他仍旧心系俄♥国♥ 从未改变
He is still in Russia. He never left.
和你一样 伯爵夫人
Like you, Countess.
噢 不
Oh, no.
现在 已经是另一个世界了
It's another world now.
斯大林 希♥特♥勒♥
Stalin, Hitler.
视线所及的每个地方都变了
Everywhere you look, it's aII changing.
再见 朗科恩女士
Goodbye, Lady Runcorn.
再见 黑斯廷斯上校
Goodbye, Captain Hastings.
黑斯廷斯上校 看!
Captain Hastings, look.
伯纳德·帕克!
Bernard Parker!
是的 我为马库斯... 哈德曼先生工作
Yes, I do some work for Marcus --Mr. Hardman.
我帮他处理不太干净的生意
I arrange his more insalubrious deals.
你这话是什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
当客户不想他们的名字趟进浑水里
When the client doesn't want his or her name dragged through the mud,
我就充当中间人
l act as a sort of...go-between.
我不... 呃...
I don't --En
在上流社会 上校
In high society, Captain,
没有人缺钱过
nobody is ever hard up.
至少他们不会承认
At least, they don't admit to it.
所以 当他们缺钱时 就来找我
So when they are hard up, they come to me.
我就去找马库斯
And I go to Marcus.
你丢过一只手套吗 帕克先生?
Have you lost a glove, Mr. Parker?
噢 手套!
Oh, the glove.
那个讨厌的斯纳普探长
That simply loathsome Inspector Snapp
已经问过我手套的事了
has already been on to me about the gIove.
你们知道 他是想逮捕我
Do you know he wanted to arrest me?
- 手套是你的? - 是的
-Was it yours? -Yes,
但我告诉他 音乐会开始时我的两只手套都在
but I've told him, I had both my gloves when the concert began,
那是我最后一次 见到我的手套
and that was the last time l saw them.
至于烟盒 我以前从未见过
And as for the cigarette case, I've never seen it before in my Iife.
- 上面有你的名字缩写 - 噢 亲爱的
-It had your initials. -Oh, my dear,
伦敦有很多人的名字缩写都是BP
I'm sure you'll find plenty of people in London with the initials B.P.
顺便问下 你做过刺绣吗?
By the way, have you ever done any embroidery?
- 刺绣? - 你知道的 缝纫之类的事
-Embroidery? -You know -- needlework.
没有
That sort of thing.
没有!
No.
那... 会有完美的犯案吗?
And what of the perfect crime?
这只是幻想 伯爵夫人
It is an illusion, Countess.
也许吧
Maybe.
我来告诉你一些我听说的事吧
But let me tell you something I heard.
那是一场抢劫案 就像哈德曼先生的这起一样
It was a robbery like the one at Mr. Hardman's,
但那一次被抢的是钻石
but this time, it was diamonds.
请接着说
Please go on.
十二个人坐在一起吃晚餐
Twelve people sat down to dinner.
保险箱就在隔壁房♥间
The safe was in the next room.
女主人亲自检查过 晚餐前钻石还在那里
The hostess herself had checked that the diamonds were in pIace before the meal had begun.
然后呢?
And after?
保险箱被打开了
The safe was open
- 已经空了 - 没有任何线索吗?
-and empty. -And there were no clues?
没有
None.
真奇怪 你居然把这个告诉我 伯爵夫人
lt is strange that you should choose to relate this to me, Countess.
- 我已经听说过了 - 是吗?
-I also have read of it. -Yes?
噢 是的 艾特顿的钻石
Oh, yes. The Atterton diamonds.
确实 警♥察♥们觉得困惑了
And it is true that the police, they were confounded,
但这是因为 他们看事的眼光太... 英式了
but that is because they look with the eyes that is too...English.
我不懂
I don't understand.
他们看到了公爵 公爵夫人 勋爵和女士
Well, they see the dukes and the duchesses, the lords and the ladies,
但他们 忘了问自己一个最简单的问题
but they fail to ask themselves the one simple question.
是什么?
Which is?
那次晚宴上有什么人
What person was at that dinner
也出现在了 哈德曼先生的宴会上
who was also at the soiree of Mr. Hardman
以及 其他两次珠宝被偷的现场?
and on two other occasions when some jewels were stolen?
你是说 警♥察♥不能破案是因为他们太英式了?
So you are saying the police cannot solve it because they are too English?
或者说是 因为罪犯...不够英式
Or because the cuIprit, he is not English enough.
谢谢你陪我度过了美好的一天
Thank you for a really lovely day.
伯爵夫人
Countess.
我明天能见到你吗?
Will I see you tomorrow?
这还用问吗? 当然可以
For a déjeuner? Oui.
去卡尔顿酒店
The Carlton Hotel.
伯纳德·帕克一定是爱上了朗科恩女士
Bernard Parker must have been in Iove with Lady Runcorn.
他把刺绣给了她 但对我们撒谎了
He gave her the embroidery, but lied about it to us.
我觉得约翰斯顿也在说谎 我肯定凶手是他
l think Johnstone was lying, as well. I'm sure it's him.
嘿 波洛!
I say, Poirot.
在学俄语? 为什么呢?
Learning Russian? I wonder why.
这很有帮助的 朋友
It has been an invaluable aid, mon ami.
是啊 我自己连字母都记不住
Yes, I couldn't get past the aIphabet, myseIf.
不 这确实很复杂
No, it is indeed complicated.
是啊 就和这个案子一样
Yes, like this case.
珠宝失踪案?
The stolen jewels?
我们正在调查 波洛先生
We've been investigating, Mr. Poirot.
你不是伦敦唯一的私♥家♥侦♥探♥ 知道么?
You're not the only private detective in London, you know.
确实 朋友
This is true, mon ami.
好吧 告诉我你们发现了什么
Eh bien, tell me all that you have discovered.
我们认为 伯纳德·帕克在勒索朗科恩女士
So we think Bernard Parker is blackmailing Lady Runcorn.
我们发现 她欠下了巨债
We've discovered she has huge debts,
她最近拿了四幅画去拍卖♥♥
and she's recently sent four paintings to auction.
她肯定是卖♥♥画还钱给他
She must have sold them to pay him off.
你们是说朗科恩女士缺钱?
So you say Lady Runcorn requires money?
是的
Yes.
那朗科恩女士不是更应该
So is it not more likely that Lady Runcorn
去见伯纳德·帕克先生
would meet with Mr. Bernard Parker
商量卖♥♥她的珠宝吗?
to discuss the selling of her jewels?
那是他的工作 不是吗?
That is his occupation, is it not?
那刺绣怎么说呢? 他在上面署名BP
Ah, but what about the embroidery? He signed it "B.P."
我很好奇 朗科恩女士在结婚前叫什么?
But then I wonder what Lady Runcorn was called before she became Lady Runcorn.
我倒没想过这个
Oh, I hadn't thought of that.
如果你想成为赫尔克里·波洛
If you are to be Hercule Poirot,
任何事 你都要想到
you must think of everything.
“朗科恩女士 原名碧翠丝·帕默斯顿”
Lady Runcorn. Born Beatrice Palmerston.
BP 他说得没错
He's right.
好吧 波洛 你怎么看?
So, all right, then, Poirot.
黑斯廷斯 我认为 你应该问自己一个问题
What do you think? I think, Hastings, you must ask yourself one question.
是什么?
Yes?
那个流浪汉 他在那里做什么?
The tramp. What was he doing there?
而答案...
And the answer?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表