她还要在福林顿待一个星期 朋友
She is in Frinton for one more week, mon ami.
你在找什么?
What is it that you are looking for?
我想也许有爱德华·克莱顿的资料
I thought we might have something on this Edward Clayton.
你看起来很棒
You're looking very smart.
谢谢 朋友
Thank you, mon ami.
我要和查特顿女士一起参加宴会
l'm going to a party with Lady Chatterton.
我要见见这个邪恶的爱德华·克莱顿
l'm going to meet the sinister Edward Clayton.
你以为 他看你一眼 就会放弃杀他的妻子?
I suppose you think he'll take one look at you and change his mind about murdering his wife.
一切都有可能
All things are possible.
得了吧 波洛 你承认吧!
Come on, Poirot, admit it.
你去是为了听查特顿女士吹捧你
You're only going so you can be fussed over by Lady Chatterton.
因为她这样恭维你 你才会接这个案子的
You took this case on simply because of the way she buttered you up.
你觉得这样不对吗 黑斯廷斯?
You think it is wrong, Hastings,
享受你说的赞美和恭维?
to enjoy the compliments, or the buttering, as you say?
不是 但是 呃
No, but, uh,
你有必要这么炫耀吗?
do you have to show it quite so much?
这不是英国人作风
It's not English.
也许这是比利时人作风
Perhaps it is Belgian.
黑斯廷斯 我为什么要做伪君子呢?
Hastings, why should l be the hypocrite,
受到赞扬就脸红
to blush when I am praised and to say,
或是像你那样说
like you,
“这没什么了不起”
"It is nothing."
我有条有理 还懂心理学
I have the order, the mettle, and the psychology.
好吧 我承认!
There, I admit it !
我是最棒的!
I am the best !
我是赫尔克里·波洛!
I am Hercule Poirot !
现在 我是时候该走了
and now I think it is time for me to go.
真正的绅士 是不能让女士等的
A perfect gentleman must not keep waiting a lady.
克莱顿太太在那里!
There is Mme. Clayton.
是啊
Yes.
但我没看到她的丈夫
I can't see her husband, though.
她在和她的朋友里奇少校聊天
She is speaking with her friend, Major Rich,
是的
yes
凯若琳 很高兴你能来
CaroIine, so glad you could come.
约翰
John.
这是赫尔克里·波洛 我的朋友
This is Hercule Poirot, a friend of mine.
里奇少校
Major Rich.
赫尔克里·波洛 我听过这个名字
Hercule Poirot. I know that name.
你是个作家!
You're the writer.
不是!
No.
爱德华在哪里?
Where's Edward?
他... 他好像没有来
He, uh, couldn't make it, I'm afraid.
你是来这里度假吗 波洛先生?
Are you over here on hoIiday, Mr. Poirot?
不 我住在这里
No. I live here.
喝一杯吧 这场宴会没那么正式
Ah. Well, have a drink. It's all very informal.
谢谢
Thank you.
- 查特顿女士? - 啊 先生
Lady Chatterton.
谢谢
Merci.
很抱歉 波洛先生 爱德华·克莱顿不在这里
I'm so sorry, Mr. Poirot. Edward Clayton's not here.
没关系 我可以好好享受放松一番了
Eh bien, I can relax and enjoy myself.
是啊
Indeed.
我没想到 会在这里见到你 柯蒂斯上校
...to see you here, CoIoneI Curtiss.
你想收回对我的邀请吗?
So, do you wish to withdraw the invitation?
不!
No.
玛丽以前很喜欢跳舞
Mary used to love dancing.
约翰的妻子几个月前去世了
John lost his wife a few months ago.
请节哀 里奇少校
My condolences, Major Rich.
爱德华讨厌现代音乐
Edward hates this modern music.
幸好他没来
It's just as well he's not here.
你丈夫身体不舒服吗 太太?
Your husband, he is unwell, madame?
不 他到苏格兰公干了
No. He has business in Scotland.
你丈夫经常这样丢下你吗?
Ah, and does he abandon you very often, your husband?
通常 克莱顿先生对克莱顿太太盯得很严的
I can assure you that, normally, Mr. CIayton keeps a firm grip on Mrs. Clayton.
你是说“牢牢掌控”吗?
A stranglehold, you mean.
放点让人兴奋的歌♥
Put on something with a bit of a fizz.
- 《愚蠢的事》? - 不!
-"These Foolish Things"? -No!
- 《不是任何人的甜心》? - 嗯 可以
-"Nobody's Sweetheart"? -Yes, that will do.
二流社会的音乐肯定由下等人提供 不是吗?
Music for second-rate people provided by the inferior races, what?
这么说可不太好哦 先生
That is not a very pleasant thing to say, monsieur.
你没有去跳舞 波洛先生
You're not dancing, Mr. Poirot.
噢 不不不 查特顿女士
Oh, no, no, no, Lady Chatterton.
这种音乐适合年轻人 嗯?
This music is for the young people,
适合腿脚灵活的人
with the limbs that are supple.
你跳舞一定很棒
l'm sure you're a wonderful dancer.
不不不不 真的
No, no, no, no, truly.
告诉我 女士
But tell me, madame,
那个拄着拐杖 讨人厌的人 是谁?
who is that unpleasant man over there with the waIking stick?
讨人厌? 柯蒂斯上校?
Unpleasant? CoIoneI Curtiss?
他是玛格丽特的老朋友
He's an old friend of Marguerite's.
你为什么说他讨人厌?
Why do you say "unpleasant"?
过来一起跳吧 波洛先生 我坚持
Now, come along, M. Poirot. I insist.
“查尔斯顿舞”!
Charleston.
#你现在不是任何人的甜心#
♪ You're nobody's sweetheart now ♪
#他们不再骄纵你#
♪ They don't baby you somehow ♪
#连裤♥袜♥ 丝质礼服...#
♪ Fancy hose, silken gowns ♪
我不能喝这个
This, I cannot drink.
我的草药茶里的糖 不能超过三勺
There must be no more than three spoons of sugar in my tisane.
莱蒙小姐就是这么准备的!
That is the way Miss Lemon prepares it.
我是放的三勺糖
I put three spoons in.
那莱蒙小姐用的勺子肯定小一些!
Then Miss Lemon must use a spoon that is smaIIer.
我来吧
I'll get it.
总探长
Chief Inspector.
黑斯廷斯
Hastings.
早上好 波洛
Morning, Poirot.
贾普总探长 你好
Ah, Chief Inspector Japp, bonjour.
你是有要事前来 是吗?
You're on a matter of importance, yes?
你竟然起得和鸟一样早
For you are up with the bird.
- 还要更早 - 你要喝茶吗 总探长?
-Lark. -Cup of tea, Chief Inspector?
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
请坐 总探长
Please be seated, Chief lnspector.
你应该是来找我帮忙的吧
You have come for my help, I think.
是啊 可以这么说
Well, yes, you could say that.
其实 我是来审问你的
Thing is, you see, I've come to interview you.
审问?
Interview?
作为目击证人
As a witness.
什么目击证人?
Witness to what?
你昨晚在贝尔格莱维亚区里奇少校家里?
You were at the Belgravia home of Major John Rich last night?
是啊
Yes.
今早 我以谋杀爱德华·克莱顿的罪名
This morning, I arrested Major Rich for the murder
逮捕了里奇少校
of Edward Clayton.
天啊!
Mon Dieu.
但你说 我是目击证人?
You're saying that I am a witness? Did you,
你在房♥间里 注意到一个精致的木箱了吗?
by any chance, remark on an elaborate wooden chest in the room where you were,
叫做“西班牙箱子”
a Spanish chest, I believe it's called?
我好像没有...
No, I don't think...
男仆伯格因在打扫房♥间时
The manservant Burgoyne discovered the body
发现了箱子里的尸体
inside this chest when he was cleaning the room.
克莱顿的血把地毯都浸湿了!
Clayton's blood had seeped into the carpet.
他的眼睛被人刺穿 直达大脑
He'd been stabbed through the eye, straight into the brain.
你是说 尸体已经在那里了 就在...
You're telling me that the body was there while --
就在你们其他人听着音乐...
While the rest of you listened to music
喝着酒... 跳着舞...
and drank cocktails and danced
做着其他事情的时候
or whatever it is you got up to, yes.
这太可怕了 不是吗?
It's pretty macabre, isn't it?
让人很反胃
It's revolting.
总探长
Chief Inspector,
你确定凶手就是里奇少校?
you are convinced that the killer is Major Rich?
里奇爱上了玛格丽特·克莱顿
Rich was in love with Marguerite Clayton.
这就是动机
That was the motive,
而且他有作案的机会
and he had the opportunity.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表