I took a sample of the cocoa
杯子里残留的可可粉采了样
remaining in the cup in Mrs.Inglethorp's room,
里面没有的士宁
there was no strychnine in it.
这么说你认为更有可能是
Then you consider it more likely
她是晚餐咖啡之后摄入药物的
that the drug was administered in her after dinner coffee,
由于某个未知的原因
and that for some reason unknown
它的效力被延迟了?
its action was delayed?
是的
Yes.
但咖啡杯被彻底弄碎了
But the coffee cup was so completely smashed,
不可能分♥析♥里面的成分
there was no possibility of analysing its contents.
我觉得我妈妈的死可能是自然死亡
It seems to me that my mother's death may be accounted for by natural means.
是吗?
Really?
我妈妈在她死前有一段时间
Well, my mother was for some time before her death
在喝含有的士宁的补药
taking a tonic containing strychnine.
那在之前的证据中已经讨论过了
That was dealt with in previous evidence.
但她不是有可能偶然
But is it not possible that she may have taken an overdose
吃了过量的补药吗?
of the medicine by accident?
我不这么认为 卡文迪什先生
I think not, Mr.Cavendish.
女仆多尔卡丝告诉我们
The maid, Dorcas, has already told us
在她死前那天
she had only one dose left
只剩一剂药了
on the day before her death.
如果你能告诉我们英格勒索普太太死前那天
I should be obliged if you would tell us all you overheard of
你听到的争吵内容 我会很高兴的
the quarrel the day before Mrs.Inglethorp's death.
我听到的?
I overheard?
是的
Yes.
我听说你就坐在书房♥窗户外的
I understand you were sitting, reading, on a bench
凳子上看书
outside the open window of the study.
不是吗?
Is that not so?
是的
Yes.
你能复述一下你听到的争吵内容吗?
Will you repeat what you overheard of the quarrel?
我真的不记得听到了任何东西
I really don't remember hearing anything.
你是说你没有听到说话声吗?
Do you mean to say you did not hear voices?
是的 我听到了说话声
Well, yes, I heard the voices.
但我没听到他们说了什么
But I didn't hear what they said.
一个词一句话都没听到?
Not one stray word or phrase?
是的 我想起来了
Yes, I remember.
英格勒索普太太说了一些话
Mrs.Inglethorp said something.
一些关于引起夫妻间丑闻的话
Something about causing a scandal between husband and wife.
她听起来像是在隐瞒什么事情
She sounds as if she's trying to hide something.
是的 黑斯廷斯 而且很重要
That is true, Hastings. And of some interest.
我向上帝发誓
I swear by Almighty God
我给出的证词都是真话
that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth,
我将知无不言 言无不尽
the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
梅斯先生 作为一个有医师资格的药剂师
Mr.Mace, as a qualified dispensing chemist
还在斯泰尔斯圣玛丽的村子里有一家药店
with a shop in the village of Styles St.Mary,
你最近有向任何未授权的人卖♥♥过的士宁吗?
have you lately sold strychnine to any unauthorised person?
有的 先生
Yes, sir.
这是什么时候的事?
When was this?
周一 七月十八号♥ 大约六点钟
Monday, the eighteenth of June. At about six o'clock.
你能告诉我们你卖♥♥给谁了吗?
Will you tell us to whom you sold it?
可以 先生
Yes, sir.
是英格勒索普先生
It was Mr.Inglethorp.
他说是要毒死狗的
He said it was to poison a dog.
他在毒药簿和其他文件上签字了
He signed the poison book and everything.
很好 谢谢你 梅斯先生
Very well. Thank you, Mr.Mace.
传讯阿尔弗雷德·英格勒索普先生
Call Mr.Alfred Inglethorp.
我向上帝发誓
I swear by Almighty God
我所给出的证词都是真话
that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth,
我将知无不言 言无不尽
the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
你是阿尔弗雷德·英格勒索普吗?
Are you Alfred Inglethorp?
是的
Yes.
在上周一晚上
On Monday evening last,
你以毒死狗为由买♥♥过的士宁吗?
did you purchase strychnine for the purpose of poisoning a dog?
不 我没有
No, I did not.
斯泰尔斯庄园根本没有狗
There is no dog at Styles Court.
你也否认你签署了这份登记簿吗?
Do you also deny that you signed this register?
是的
Yes.
那不是我的签名
That is not my signature.
我知道了
I see.
请你告诉我们 英格勒索普先生
Would you mind telling us, Mr.Inglethorp,
七月十八号♥周一晚上 你在哪里?
where you were on the evening of Monday, June the eighteenth?
我不记得了
I don't recall.
有人和你作伴吗?
Were you in company with anyone?
没有
No.
那么我的理解是
I am to take it then,
你拒绝说明
that you decline to say where you were
当梅斯先生认出你去他的店里买♥♥的士宁时
at the time that Mr.Mace positively recognised you
你在哪里?
as entering the shop to purchase strychnine?
如果你要这样说的话 是的
If you like to take it that way, yes.
他想被捕吗?
Does he want to be arrested?
你在周二下午和你妻子吵过架?
You had a discussion with your wife on Tuesday afternoon?
噢 很抱歉 你的消息错了
Oh, pardon me. You are misinformed.
我没有和我亲爱的妻子吵架
I had no quarrel with my dear wife.
我整个下午都不在家
I was absent from the house the entire afternoon.
有人能为此作证吗?
Do you have anyone who can testify to that?
我说的是真的
You have my word.
有两位证人发誓说听到
There are two witnesses who have sworn to having overheard your
你和英格勒索普太太争吵
disagreement with Mrs.Inglethorp.
那这两位证人一定搞错了
Then those witnesses are mistaken.
很好 谢谢你 英格勒索普先生
Very well. Thank you, Mr.Inglethorp.
目前审讯到此为止
That will be all for now.
陪审团的各位...
Members of the jury...
他简直是把自己的脖子套进了绳子里
He's put a noose right round his neck.
也许吧
Perhaps.
黑斯廷斯 你知道门边的那个人是谁吗?
Hastings, do you know who is that man by the door?
那是伦敦警♥察♥厅的詹姆士·贾普探长
That is Detective Inspector James Japp from Scotland Yard.
如果我没弄错的话
And if I am not mistaken,
他边上的那个人也是伦敦警♥察♥厅的
the man next to him is also from Scotland Yard.
事情发展得很快 朋友
Things are moving quickly, my friend.
也许太快了
Perhaps too quickly.
陪审团的各位
Gentlemen of the jury.
你们如何评断?
How do you find?
是某人或未知的某几人的蓄意谋杀
Wilful Murder by some person or persons unknown.
那就是你们所有人的结论吗?
And is that the verdict of you all?
是的
It is.
天呐! 我在法庭上
Mon Dieu! I had some warm moments
还有几个感动瞬间 黑斯廷斯
in the court, Hastings.
我没想到那个人那么蠢
I did not figure to myself that the man would be so pig headed
竟然拒绝说任何事
as to refuse to say anything at all.
我不懂陪审团为什么没有给英格勒索普定罪
I can't understand why the jury didn't name Inglethorp.
你肯定不会还认为他是无辜的吧?
You surely can't still believe he's innocent?
为什么不呢 朋友? 什么都没改变
Why not, mon ami? Nothing has changed.
啊
Ah.
我想你应该不记得我了吧 贾普探长
I see you do not remember me, Inspector Japp.
嗯 这不是波罗先生嘛!
Well, if it isn't Monsieur Poirot!
这是萨默黑警监
This is Superintendent Summerhaye.
你听过我谈到波罗先生吧 先生?
You've heard me speak of Monsieur Poirot, sir?
是啊 艾伯克隆比伪造案 不是吗?
Yes, the Abercrombie forgery case, wasn't it?
就在战前
Just before the war.
是的 先生
That's right, sir.
波罗先生帮我们在安特卫普抓到了凶手
Monsieur Poirot caught our villain for us in Antwerp.
你在英格兰做什么 波罗?
But what are you doing in England, Poirot?
德国人的存在让我的国家暂时变得
Well, the Boche has made my own country temporarily uninhabitable
不适合居住 探长
by their presence, Inspector.
我很高兴让你见见我的朋友 黑斯廷斯中尉
But I would like you to meet my friend, Lieutenant Hastings.
- 你好 - 你好
- How do you do? - How do you do?
失陪了
Excuse us.
我们几乎不用问你们在这里的原因 探长
Well, one need hardly ask the reasons for your presence here, Inspector.
我要说 是个很清楚的案子
And a pretty clear case, I should say.
我不这么认为
There I differ from you.
从我在审讯上听到的证词来看
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表