He chose to hide it in the one place where its presence would not be remarked.
但我们必须更聪明
But we must be even more intelligent.
我们必须如此聪明
We must be so intelligent
以至于他不会怀疑我们是聪明人
that he does not suspect us of being intelligent at all.
正是
Absolutely.
对于这点 你是很重要的 朋友
And there, you will be invaluable, mon ami.
走吧
Come.
他最后终于懂了暗示了
Well, he took the hint at last.
什么?
Comment?
他搬出去了
He's moved out.
搬去了马姆斯伯里的酒店
Gone to the hotel at Malmesbury.
- 噢 黑斯廷斯中尉 - 你好 辛西娅
- Oh, Lieutenant Hastings. - Hello, Cynthia.
我正在找你
Just the man I was looking for.
我想和你谈谈
I want to talk to you.
我能把他借走一会吗 波罗先生?
Can I steal him away from you, Mr.Poirot?
把他借走?
Steal him away?
啊 抱歉 是的
Ah. Pardon. Yes,
当然可以 默多克女士
by all means, Mademoiselle Murdoch.
黑斯廷斯 我真是羡慕你 嗯?
Hastings, how I envy you, eh?
被一位如此迷人的女士借走
To be stealed away by such a charming young lady.
失陪了
Excuse me.
你想谈什么?
What do you want to talk about?
- 我们先坐下 好吗? - 噢 好的
- Well, let's sit down, shall we? - Oh, right.
黑斯廷斯中尉
Lieutenant Hastings,
你一直这么友好 而且懂的又多
you've always so kind, and you know such a lot.
噢 嗯 你知道的...
Oh. Well. You know...
我想问问你的建议
I want to ask your advice.
艾米丽姑妈总是说我应该得到给予
You see, Aunt Emily always said I should be provided for.
我想她把这个忘了
Well, I suppose she forgot
或是没想过她会死
or didn't think she was likely to die.
不管怎样 我没有得到给予
Anyway, I'm not provided for.
我不知道该怎么做
I don't know what to do.
你觉得我应该离开这里吗?
Do you think I ought to go away from here?
噢 天呐 不!
Oh, good heavens, no!
我敢肯定他们不想和你分开
They don't want to part with you, I'm sure.
玛丽想 她讨厌我
Well, Mary does. She hates me.
讨厌你?
Hates you?
噢 我不知道为什么
Oh, I don't know why.
而且他也无法忍♥受我
And he can't bear me, either.
噢 我知道你这点说的不对
Oh well, now there I know you're wrong.
约翰很喜欢你
John's very fond of you.
噢 是的 不是约翰 我说的是劳伦斯
Oh, yes. Not John. I meant Lawrence.
我不在乎劳伦斯讨不讨厌我 但是
Not that I care whether Lawrence hates me or not, still,
没人爱你的时候还是很恐怖的 不是吗?
it's rather horrid when no one loves you, isn't it?
但他们爱你 辛西娅
But they do, Cynthia.
我肯定你是搞错了
I'm sure you're mistaken.
有约翰和霍华德女士...
There's John and Miss Howard...
但劳伦斯从没对我说过他能否帮我
But Lawrence never speaks to me if he can help it,
玛丽也从没对我客气过 还有...
and Mary can hardly bring herself to be civil to me, and...
噢 我不知道该怎么做
Oh, I don't know what to do...
嫁给我 辛西娅
Marry me, Cynthia.
噢 别傻了!
Oh, don't be silly!
我没犯傻
I'm not being silly.
我在请你做我的妻子
I'm asking you to do me the honour of becoming my wife.
噢 你真是太贴心了 噢...
Oh, that's perfectly sweet of you, oh...
我不觉得这有什么好笑的
I don't see there's anything to laugh at.
求婚没什么好笑的
There's nothing funny about a proposal of marriage.
是的 不好笑
No, there isn't.
你要小心
And you ought to be careful.
因为下次也许会有人接受的
Because somebody might accept you next time.
再见 黑斯廷斯中尉
Goodbye, Lieutenant Hastings.
你已经让我很开心了
You've cheered me up no end.
我不知道 也许是我不懂女人吧
I don't know, perhaps I just don't understand women or something.
不 我当然只是开玩笑 但是...
No, I'm just joking. Of course, but...
是贾普探长
It's Inspector Japp.
黑斯廷斯 和他一起坐在车后面的是谁?
Hastings, who is that with him in the back of the car?
看起来像是劳伦斯·卡文迪什
Looks like Lawrence Cavendish.
怎么了 多尔卡丝?
What's the matter, Dorcas?
那些该死的探长们...
Those wicked detectives...
他们逮捕了卡文迪什先生
They've arrested Mr.Cavendish.
逮捕了劳伦斯?
Arrested Lawrence?
不 不是劳伦斯先生
No. Not Mr.Lawrence.
是约翰先生!
Mr.John!
旧庄园的谋杀案判决 快来看啊!
Old Bailey Murder Trial. Read all about it!
被告席上的卡文迪什! 旧庄园的谋杀案判决
Cavendish in dock! Old Bailey Murder Trial.
约翰·温多福·卡文迪什
John Wendover Cavendish,
你被指控谋杀你的母亲
you are charged with the murder of your mother,
艾米丽·罗丝·英格勒索普太太
Mrs.Emily Rose Inglethorp.
时间是1917年七月十九日周二
On Tuesday, the 19th day of June, 1917.
你如何辩护?
How do you plead?
我没罪
Not guilty.
各位陪审员
Members of the jury,
如你们所知
as you all know,
蓄意谋杀要判绞刑
willful murder is a hanging matter.
你们将听到的这场谋杀恐怖至极
And the murder which you will hear described is a most horrible,
是预先策划 残酷冷血的
premeditated and cold blooded one.
一位温柔被人信赖的女士
The poisoning of a fond and trusting woman
被自己的儿子毒死
by her own son.
被告和他的妻子
The accused and his wife
在他母亲的房♥子里过着奢侈的生活
lived in some luxury at his mother's house,
斯泰尔斯庄园 全部由她资助
Styles Court, entirely supported by her.
英格勒索普太太是他们慷慨友好的捐助人
Mrs.Inglethorp had been their kind and generous benefactress.
我将传唤证人证明
I will call witnesses to show
被告人是如何处于财政困境
how the prisoner was at the end of his financial tether.
你们也会听到被告如何
You will also hear how the accused had been carrying on
和当地农民的遗孀瑞克斯太太实施阴谋
an intrigue with a certain Mrs.Raikes, a local farmer's widow
他如何计划让他的母亲立下了对他有利的遗嘱
and how he had plotted to get his mother to make a will in his favour, and how,
而当他相信她改了遗嘱时
when he believed that she had changed that will,
他如何谋杀了她 毁了新遗嘱
he murdered her and destroyed the new one.
你们将听到...
You will hear...
我没法继续听下去了 黑斯廷斯
I cannot bring myself to listen to any more of this, Hastings.
听起来很糟 不是吗?
It sounds very bad, n'est ce pas?
辩护开始后可能会好一点
It'll probably sound better when the defence gets going.
我不知道玛丽·卡文迪什能忍♥受坐在那里
I don't know how Mary Cavendish can bear to sit there.
啊 嗯...
Ah, well...
她是以最佳状态面对逆境的女人之一
She is one of those women who show at their best in adversity.
她的嫉妒和自豪...
Her jealously and her pride have...
- 嫉妒? - 噢 是的
- Jealousy? - Oh, yes.
你还没意识到吗 黑斯廷斯
Have you not yet realised, Hastings, that
卡文迪什女士是个嫉妒心很重的女人?
Madame Cavendish is a woman of unusual jealousy?
你听到了她和她婆婆
You overheard the fragment of conversation
谈话的一些片段
that she had with her mother in law,
当她要英格勒索普女士
when she demanded that Madame Inglethorp
给她看什么东西的时候?
show to her something?
是的
Yes.
卡文迪什女士相信
Madame Cavendish believed
她婆婆藏起来的那封信
that the letter her mother in law was concealing was
是她丈夫约翰不忠的证据
proof of the infidelity of her husband, John.
但她错了 黑斯廷斯 并没有这样的信
But she was wrong, Hastings. There was no such letter.
英格勒索普女士发现的是
What Madame Inglethorp had discovered
她的儿子约翰借给瑞克斯女士一笔钱
was that her son, John, had loaned to Madame Raikes,
这是我听瑞克斯太太亲自对我说的 黑斯廷斯
and I heard this from Madame Raikes herself, Hastings,
借瑞克斯太太一大笔钱是为了让她
had learned her a large sum of money in order that Madame Raikes
能够买♥♥下她的小屋的不动产权
might purchase the freehold of her cottage.
你否认你和约翰·卡文迪什
You deny that there was anything improper
有任何不正当的关系?
in your relationship with John Cavendish?
是的
Yes.
我知道了
I see.
你从卡文迪什先生那里得到钱了吗?
Did you receive money from Mr.Cavendish?
没有!
No!
那你也否认卡文迪什先生在七月二十一日
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表