It's -- it's illusions.It's tricks.
那...那只是幻象 小把戏罢了
It -- it's all fake.
那...那都是假的
Jeb Dexter strung up -- was that just an illusion?
杰布 德克斯特吊死了 那就只是幻想吗
What? Something happened to Jeb?
你说什么 杰布出事了吗
He was found hanged in his room.
他被发现吊死在自己的房♥间里
Right after you slipped the noose last night.
刚巧就在昨晚你从绞索中逃出生天的时候
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在说什么
Please...just let me go.
求你了...让我走吧
Something's not right.
有点不对劲
Usually they're whipping some badass hoodoo at us by now.
通常这个时候他们应该向我们施些要命的咒语
What do you want to do?
你觉得该怎么办
All right,so,if it's not him,who is it?
好吧 那么如果不是他 是谁干的呢
Even if Jay's not working the magic,
就算不是杰伊施的黑魔术
he's still getting the reward.
他还是受益了
His shows are selling out.
他的表演很受欢迎
All right.
好吧
So,then,whoever it is,
那么 不管那是什么
they're obviously in Jay's corner.
他们显然就在杰伊的小圈子里
All right,so we got Vernon and Charlie on the list.
好吧 名单上还剩下佛农和查理了
Anyone else?
还有其他人吗
We could always ask him.
我们总该问问他
Guess we should have seen that one coming.
我们应该预见会发生这种事
Come on. He couldn't have gotten that far.
快点 他走不了太远
No way he could outrun us.
没道理他从我们手中逃脱了
Maybe he vanished. I mean,he really is good.
也许他消失了 我是说 他真的很棒
Or he found a back door.
又或者他找到后门了
That's them!
就是他们
Those are the two nut jobs that just broke into my room!
就是那两个闯入我房♥间的混球
Hold it!Hands up where we can see it!
不许动 举起手来 放在我们能看到的地方
They said my acting was killing people,they said that
他们说我的表演害死人了 他们还说
I was using real magic,that I was casting spells on tarot cards.
我施的是真魔法 说我是用塔罗牌施咒语
"Rreal magic." Those guys are nuts.
"真魔法" 那些家伙是蠢货
You're lucky to be alive.
是你的好运气让你死里逃生的
You don't think...
你不会认为...
What?
认为什么
Well,the things that I can do now -- the cards.
那么 我现在能做到的事...那些纸牌
You've been working the cards your whole life.
你一生都以摆弄那些纸牌
Well,what about the escapes?
那么 那次逃脱怎么说
I haven't been able to slip a pair of cuffs in 30 years.
我这30年都不曾从自己的袖子里逃脱过
and then there was the way that -- that Patrick Vance died
而且就是以那样的方式 帕特里克 万斯死了
and that Jeb Dexter.
还有那个杰布 德克斯特
Yeah,no great loss there.
是啊 没什么大不了的
Oh,Charlie,he didn't deserve to die.
哦 查理 他不该死
You had nothing to do with it.
你与这一切都无关
He was hanged the same night
他就在同一晚上吊的
that I performed the executioner.
就在我表演刽子手的那一晚
Wait a minute.
等一下
Are you telling me that you actually believe those guys?
你不是在说实际上你相信那些人的话吧
That there was some kind of "real magic" involved?
相信有所谓"真魔法"存在吧
No.
不
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't know,maybe.
我不知道 也许有
I shouldn't go on tonight,Charlie.
今晚我不该再继续了 查理
Are you kidding me?
你在开玩笑吗
You have a sold-out house out there.
你现在上座率百分之百
Sold out!
百分之百
When was the last time that happened?
你上一次上座率百分之百是什么时候
The other night...
还有那一晚...
when I was doing the table of death,
当我挑战"死亡魔术"的时候
I was,um...
我...
...I was gonna kill myself.
我曾想要自杀
And I have no idea how I got out alive.
我都不知道自己如何逃脱的
But you did.
你做到了
Somehow,you did.
不管怎样 你做到了
Jay...
杰伊
when you were in your day
在你的时代
you were incredible.
你曾是无所不能的
"The incredible Jay."You were the best I ever saw.
"无所不能的大JJ" 你是我见过最棒的
And now you got it back.
现在你的状态又回来了
I don't know how,but it doesn't matter.
我不知道怎么回事 但那都无所谓
Just to see you at the top of your game again.
只要能再看到你回到巅峰时代
Hell,it makes me feel young.
天哪 让我觉得自己又回到年轻的时候了
But No buts,Jay.
但是 没有但是 杰伊
This may be maa from heaven,I don't know,
这也许是来自上天的恩赐 我也不知道
but whatever it is,
但是不管它是什么
you don't throw it away.
你都不要放弃它
Jay.
杰伊
Thanks for dropping the charges.
谢谢打电♥话♥通知我们
You mind telling us why you did it?
你不介意告诉我你为什么要这么做吧
We have to talk.
我们得谈谈了
I was just a kid when we first met.
我们第一次相遇的时候我还只是个孩子
All I know was how to cheat at cards.
我所掌握的只是出老千
Charlie got me out of more scrapes than I can count.
数不清有多少次查理帮我解围
Hell,I would have been dead by the age of 20
天哪 我20岁的时候就该死了
if it hadn't been for him.
如果不是遇到了他
He was more than my friend.
他不只是我的朋友
He was my brother.
他是我的哥们儿
I'm sorry,Jay.
我很遗憾 杰伊
Look,I should have listened to you guys
你看 我真应该听你们的话
When you told me that my show was killing people.
当你们告诉我我的表演害死人了
Well,you weren't the one pulling the trigger.
你不是那个扣动扳机的人
Yeah,but someone did,and I want to find out who did this to Charlie,
是的 但是有人做了 我要找出是谁这样对待查理
so I'll do whatever you guys say.
所以我会照你们说的做任何事
Just tell me what to do.
只要告诉我怎么做
Jay,whoever's doing this...
杰伊 不管是谁做的...
they like you.
他们是喜欢你的
They're probably close to you.
他们可能是你亲密的朋友
Did Charlie and Vernon get along?
查理与佛农相处的融洽吗
No.
不
No,it's not vernon.
不 不会是佛农
He's the only one that makes sense.
他是唯一说得通的解释
Charlie and Vernon were your family,Jay.
查理与佛农是你的家人 杰伊
And now Charlie's gone.
现在查理死了
Yeah,but...they butted heads sometimes,
是啊 但是...他们有时争锋相对
but Vernon could never do something like this.
但是佛农绝不会做这样的事情
See,the thing about real magic
你看 关于真魔法
it's a whole lot like crack.
就像是一次尝试
People do surprising things once they get a taste of it.
人们尝到甜头就会做出让人吃惊的事来
You better be damn sure about this.
你最好他妈的确定这一点
Vernon's all I got left.
佛农是我唯一的依靠了
Yeah?
喂
Yeah,okay.
好的
I'll be there in two shakes.
我一会儿就到
I got something to tell you anyway.
不管怎样我有些事要告诉你
Wow.It's like a...magic museum.
喔 这就像个魔术博物馆
You must be in heaven.
你一定会上天堂的
This guy doesn't travel light.
这家伙不是轻装上路
He's been on the road his whole life.
他一生总是漂泊不定
Probably everything he owns is in this room.
也许他所拥有的一切都在这屋里了
Let's get started.
我们开始吧
Just talked to the head of the convention.
和协会的人探讨过了
Headliner gig is yours.
压轴演出的是你
What?
什么
You don't want it?
你不想吗
A day ago,
一天之前
if you told me I'd be standing on this stage...
如果你告诉我将会站在这个舞台上...
No,I can't do it,Vernon.
不 我做不到 佛农
What are you talking about?
你说什么
Charlie's gone.
查利死了
Charlie would have wanted you to go on.
查利在天之灵 希望你继续
剧集 | 邪恶力量 | 导航列表