剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表
没错 现在只剩下最后的采访了
Yes, it did.Now all that's left is the final interview,
他们会问我是否愿意再次和Ashley约会
where they ask me if I want to take out Ashley again.
你准备怎么回答 - 我会回答愿意
What are you going to say? - I'm going to say yes.
原来的Paul会想太多
The old Paul would have overthought the thing.
现在的我决定顺其自然
Now I'm just going to go with it.
真好 但愿她也会想和你再约会
That's great. Hopefully, she'll want to go out again too.
为什么会用"但愿"这个词
What do you mean "Hopefully"?
我的意思是 我希望她的感受和你一样
I mean, I hope she'll feel the same way you do.
我的天啊 如果我答应
Oh, my God. What if I said yes to a date,
而她却为了看我出洋相而拒绝 那怎么办
and she says no just to make a fool out of me?
如果Ashley假装和我玩得开心
What if Ashley was pretending to have a good time
只是设局让我在电视上丢脸怎么办
when she was just setting me up to humiliate me on television?
她肯定不会这样做的
I'm sure she wouldn't do that.
你居然敢替她说话
Don't you defend her!
你们女人 你们都一样
You women, you're all alike.
我敢 我敢肯定你和Ashley是同伙
I'll bet... I'll bet you and Ashley are in cahoots!
我们没有
We are not!
狼狈为奸
Cahoots!
好吧 我就直说了
All right, let's cut to the chase.
我发现你们那晚的说辞
I find your story from the other night
有些令人生疑啊
to be a bit spurious.
没错 "令人生疑"
Yes. "Spurious".
你说你到我家是为了看看Stephanie
Now, you say you came to the mansion to check up on Stephanie,
而她在她房♥间睡觉
and she was asleep in her room.
没错 我确实这么说了
That's correct. I say that.
但你们俩最后怎么在我房♥间里
But how did the two of you end up in my bedroom?
我去那是为了做秋季预算
Well, I went there to work on the fall budget,
但没过多久
but it didn't take long
Caitlin的眼神就变得暧昧了
before Caitlin got that look in her eye.
我也要承担一部分责任
I'm partly to blame,
因为我当时穿着一条李维斯的裤子
because I was wearing a pair of levi's
那裤子可是刚甩干的
that were fresh out of the dryer.
这么问虽然不太好 不过
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but...
我的牛仔裤有多让你欲♥火♥焚身
Exactly how excited were you by my jeans?
很可惜 脱掉裤子之后
Unfortunately, once we got past the jeans,
兴奋就变成了尴尬的失望
excitement turned to awkward disappointment.
这样问也不太好 不过
But I don't want to put words in your mouth.
你当时到底有多让人失望
Exactly how disappointing were you?
行 行了 我的疑问已经得到满足了
That... that's okay. I'm satisfied.
还好我们俩中有一个是满足的
That makes one of us.
那下一个问题是
Uh, so the next question...
够了 我忍♥不住了
that's it. I can't take this anymore.
事实是 我到府邸的时候
The truth is, I came to the mansion,
Stephanie在开派对 然后
Stephanie was having a party, and...
等等 开派对
Wait. A party?
只是这样吗 一个派对而已
That's it, a party?
我原以为你是为Charlie和Stephanie
I thought you were covering because Charlie and Stephanie
搞在一起的事打掩护
were, you know, mixed up together.
您是这样认为的 太搞笑了
You thought that? That is so funny!
哈哈哈哈
Ha ha ha ha!
停
Wrap it up.
好
Okay.
所以你们编造了关于你们俩
So that's why you made up this fekokteh story
上♥床♥的事
about you two sleeping together,
是为了保护Stephanie
so that you could protect Stephanie.
这就是事实吗
So that's the truth...
Caitlin
Caitlin.
没错
Yes.
这就是事实
That's the truth.
我做到了
I did it!
这么多年来 我无法对我在乎的人撒谎
All these years, I couldn't lie to people I cared about.
哦 真是解脱了
Oh, it's so freeing!
喂 Carter
Oh, hey, Carter.
我越来越喜欢你这件外套了
You know, that suit is really growing on me.
哈哈 真的吗 谢谢
Ha ha. Really? Thanks.
我骗你的 太难看了
I'm lying. It's hideous.
顺便说一句 我想为刚才
By the way, I want to apologize
打击了你而道歉
for slamming you before.
其实你穿这条牛仔裤很好看
The fact is, you really do look great in those jeans.
谢谢 - 我越来越得心应手了
Well, thanks. - I am on fire!
哈哈
Ha ha!
对不起啦 高兴点 我们躲过了一劫
Oh, I'm sorry. Come on, cheer up. We got away with it.
我很感激你帮了我
I really appreciate you helping me out,
但我不能就这样不管了
but I can't leave it like this.
我不是他想象的那样
I'm not the guy he thinks I am,
要让他清楚这一点
and he needs to know that.
Paul 我看了你的记者招待会
Paul, I caught your press conference.
引人入胜
It was riveting.
多谢 Caitlin
Thanks, Caitlin.
嘿 Eric
Hey, Eric.
你
Hey...
你好
Hey.
我恨死这件外套了
I hate this jacket.
这件外套 我恨死它了
This jacket... I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!
我恨你 我恨你
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.
哦 Carter 我了解你的感受
Whoa, whoa, Carter. I've been there.
你可能想省几块钱 但最后
You might save a few bucks, but in the long run,
你会后悔没把它送到裁缝那去
you're going to wish you took it to a tailor.
Paul 我不能这样生活
Paul, I can't live like this.
我需要考究的穿着
I need to be well-dressed.
那才是我
It's who I am.
那就穿回你的衣服
So get your clothes back.
没那么简单
It's not that easy.
我向上帝约定了
I made a pact with God.
如果背弃誓言了 那我成什么人了
If I renege on that, what kind of person does that make me?
你醒着的时候都在帮助别人
You spend every waking hour helping people.
是谁说服了市长
Who was it who convinced the mayor to give
给儿童中心提供更多专款
the extra funds to the children's center?
是谁每个周六
Who plays chess every Saturday
在养老院陪老人下棋
down at the retirement home?
又是谁免费帮我把房♥子刷了
Who painted my entire apartment for free?
免费 你说过你会介绍我认识贝特迈德尔的
Free? You told me you were going to introduce me to Bette Midler.
是哈
Right.
我认识她
I know her.
听着 Carter 我也许对信仰了解不多
Look, Carter, I may not know a lot about religion,
但是我了解你是怎么样的人
but I know the kind of guy you are,
我不觉得上帝会
and I don't think God is going to mind
怪你穿了几件高档衣服
if you wear some nice clothes.
谢谢你 Paul
You know, thanks, Paul.
走 Carter 我请你喝热可可怎么样
Come on, Carter, let me buy you a cup of hot chocolate, huh?
你说的是 你和我侄女待在我的卧室里
So you're telling me, you were in my bedroom with my niece,
但是什么都没发生
and nothing happened.
得了吧 Charlie 我看得出来你在遮掩
Come on, Charlie. I know when you're hiding something.
就像那次
It's like when you called
新年夜后的周一 你假装生病请假
in sick that Monday after new year's Eve.
我在这 先生 你请病假了
I was here, sir. You called in sick.
我撒谎了 我说出来才痛快
I was lying. I had to get that off my chest.
如果是别的事
If this were about anything else,
我不会对你有任何怀疑
I wouldn't doubt you for a second,
但是考虑到你之前和女人的纠缠
but given your past with women...
先生 我在这工作两年了
Sir,I've been working here for two years.
我给过让您不信任我的理由吗
Have I ever given you a reason to mistrust me?
没有 但是 你的意思是
No. But, come on, are you telling me
你没有被我侄女吸引吗
that you weren't attracted to my niece?
我被吸引了 但是我并没有采取行动
I was, but I didn't act on it
因为我永远都不会背叛您
because I would never betray you,
不会为了一个女人 不会为了任何东西
not for a woman, not for anything.
这么说来 我对你来说比女人还重要
So basically, I'm more important to you than women?
我宁愿不这么想 但是
I'd rather not think of it that way, but...
但是 可以这么说
But, yes.
剧集 | 政界小人物(1996) | 导航列表