剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
And intimidation since they arrived from England in 1870.
就和暴♥力♥ 恐吓之类的沾上关系了
They set up house in the north part of the county
他们在郡的北边建了房♥子
And just decided
并且刚刚决定
it was their own personal fiefdom.
将那里作为他们的私人领地
Any arrest record? Plenty of arrests, sir.
有过逮捕记录吗 很多 探长
Robbery, intimidation, suspected in a number
抢劫 恐吓 并被怀疑与多起
Of violent homicides,
暴♥力♥杀人有关
but no jail time until recently.
不过之前都没坐过牢 直到最近
What happened? Well, two and half years ago,
怎么回事 两年半之前
William and his two sons, Patrick and Daniel,
威廉和他的两个儿子 帕特里克 丹尼尔
Were finally sentenced for illegal liquor running.
终于因为走私酒水而被投入监狱
They're all locked up in Kingston penitentiary now.
他们现在都被关在金斯顿的监狱里
Well, it seems we may have found our murderers.
看起来我们找到了嫌疑犯
Off to Kingston, then. Right.
那就去金斯顿看看吧 好的
Yes, George?
怎么了 乔治
Sir, I was just wondering
探长 我只是想知道
If you needed any further assistance. Uh, Miss Cherry
你是否还需要什么帮助 彻丽小姐
Had asked me to assist her in the purchase of an automobile.
之前让我帮她买♥♥汽车
Miss cherry? he reporter, sir.
彻丽小姐 就是那个记者 探长
Surely you remember. Of course I do.
你肯定有印象
She seems full of bright ideas and energy, George.
她足智多谋又精力十足 乔治
An auto suits her.
一辆小汽车正适合她
Yes indeed, it does, sir. Right.
是的 没错 探长
There is a species of moth which hatches in open wounds.
开裂的伤口上好像有一种飞蛾在上面孵化
In the process, it excretes a mucus which seals the lesion.
在这个过程中 它分泌的粘液能封住损伤部位
Preventing other insects from entering.
防止其它昆虫进入
Which would explain why there is so little insect activity
这就解释了为什么新鲜的尸体
In such a recent corpse.
会有这么多小虫子活动
Yes, yet it still gives us
是的 但这仍然
No further insight as to
无法告诉我们更详细的事情 例如
when the third victim was killed
第三个受害者是什么时候被害的
Or when he was buried.
或者他是什么时候被掩埋的
I wonder if the students are having more luck.
我想知道学生们有没有什么发现
I'll see.
我去看看
Miss Roy.
罗伊小姐
We're testing each soil sample, measuring the moisture
我们在测试每种泥土样本 测算每具尸体上
Retention of the different types of soil in which
采集到的不同泥土中的
The bodies were found. Any results so far?
水分含量 目前有什么发现吗
It's too premature to draw any conclusions.
一切还为时尚早
Happy though I am to be working
虽然我很高兴能
With you, Miss Roy,
和您共事 罗伊小姐
I don't know why you are having me
但我不太明白为什么您一直让我
Repeat this test. What's the complaint now, constable?
重复测试 又怎么了 警官
Well, this soil from dr. Ogden's body site --
这是从奥格登医生那儿的尸体拿来的泥土样本
It's clay. The same type of soil
是黏土 和第一具尸体里
the first body was found in.
发现的泥土种类是一样的
It's a waste of time to repeat the test.
再做一遍测试不就是在浪费时间吗
So the two corpses were found in the same kind of soil?
两具尸体里发现的泥土种类是一样的吗
That's what I just said. Katherine,
是的 凯瑟琳
Do you know what this means?
你知道这意味着什么吗
Yes. We can work out
是的 我们可以推算出
A timeline for when the first body
一条以第一具尸体
was buried.
被掩埋的时间为起点的时间线
What are you talking about? I can find out
你们在说些什么 我可以从
From doctor Ogden when her subject died
奥格登医生那儿找出她的那具尸体是什么时候死的
And the exact date she buried it.
和她掩埋尸体的确切日期
That will give us a baseline
这就会给我们一条基准线
To calculate the rate of decomposition in clay soil.
来计算出黏土分解的速率
And we may be able to find out
然后我们也许就能找出
when the first victim was murdered.
第一个受害者是什么时候遭遇的不测
We have covered the property several times over
我们已经在这里勘察了好几遍了
And I've dug up every indentation
每一处异常倒伏的草丛
And unusual piece of vegetation we have come across.
我都挖过了
Perhaps there's a body in the river.
也许尸体在河里呢
I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't think there are
我不想泼冷水的 但我真不觉得
Any more bodies to be found.
这里还会有尸体
You know, I really think forensic work could be my calling.
你知道的 我真觉得法医会成为我的终身职业
That would be a terrible waste,
你要是不介意我这么说的话
if you don't mind my saying.
我觉得这是一种极大的浪费
You don't think I would be good at it?
你觉得我♥干♥不好这行吗
No, no, I think given your determination and thoroughness,
不 不 恰恰是你的意志力和周全
I think you'd be quite excellent. But you have
让我觉得你十分出色 但你
A special way of dealing with the living.
对待生命的方式非常特别
How do you mean?
怎么说
You talk to people like they're people.
你和人交流的时候是那么的真诚
That's a rare thing for doctor.
这对医生来说很少见
Well, I will take that as a compliment, constable.
我就当这是种赞美了 警官
My name's Augustus. But I prefer Gus.
我叫奥古斯都 你可以叫我古斯
So, Gus, you sure there are no more bodies?
那么 古斯 你确定这儿没有尸体了吗
Quite sure.
不能更确定
Well George,
乔治
You really are a dark horse.
你还真是出人意料
I had no idea you had such an entrepreneurial streak.
我从没发现你这么有商业头脑
Oh, it's really just a sideline.
只是个副业啦
No, it's a stroke of genius on your part.
不 这可是你的天才之处
No one knows how to fix autos.
没人知道怎么修理汽车
Well, Sam's the brains really,
塞缪尔才是行家
I'm just more of a silent partner.
我只是参与其中
Don't be so modest, george.
别谦虚了 乔治
You should say that. What do you think, samuel?
不错 你觉得呢 塞缪尔
How much is the seller asking? One hundred dollars.
卖♥♥家开价多少钱 一百美金
have i been handed a lemon?
我有没有被坑
You found yourself a steal. It runs like a top.
你赚大了 这辆车还像辆新的
If you don't buy it, i'll snap it up myself.
你要是不买♥♥ 我就自己买♥♥了
Excellent. Thank you, samuel.
好极了 谢谢你 塞缪尔
My pleasure.
我的荣幸
I'm just glad you brought this beaut by
我很高心你带来了
For me to take a look at.
一位如此漂亮的女士
Is he always so forward with his customers?
他一向这么自以为是吗
I think he was actually talking about the automobile.
我觉得他是在夸赞那辆车
Shop talk, i get it. The secret language of mechanics.
行话 我懂了 机械师的行话
You know, i believe this garage
我相信这个车♥库♥
Could be the making of you, george.
能成就你一番事业 乔治
It seems likely the hobbins family
霍宾斯家族似乎
Buried their victims on our property.
在我们的土地上埋了受害者
Where we are building our home. How charming!
就是我们要造房♥子的地方呗 真够吸引人的
Though there is some irony to it, don't you think?
不过还真有点讽刺 你不觉得吗
That a detective and the city coroner should buy land
一个侦探和法医就应该买♥♥块
That's being used as a disposal site for bodies?
被弃尸的地吗
Ironic for us, yes.
确实够讽刺的
And unfortunate for the perpetrators,
罪犯的不幸
Albeit ones already in jail.
尽管有些人早就进监狱了
Yes. And when i meet them, i intend to find out
是的 要是让我见到他们 我就能找出
Just who their victims were.
谁是受害者
But there's something wrong
可是时间线有些
With the timeline, william.
不对 威廉
Of course. If the hobbins
对 如果霍宾斯家族
Are securely behind bars at kingston penitentiary...
真的老老实实被关在金斯顿的监狱里
Then how did they bury their last victim
他们是怎么在仅仅几个月以前
Only a few months ago?
埋掉最后一位受害者的
Mr. Bruce. What do you want now?
布鲁斯先生 你想干什么
Still miss your wife i didn't.
你还在想念你的妻子 我没有
Until you brought her up again. Sorry for that.
直到你又提起她 对不起
Now all I want is for her to come back.
我现在只求她能回来
Do you believe she's alive?
你觉得她还活着吗
I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out.
我也不知道 我也在寻找答案
She was seen with two other missing women.
有人目击她和另外两个失踪的女人在一起
So far, I have had little luck ascertaining
目前 我还没能确定
Any of their whereabouts.
她们中任何一个人的下落
Likely mouldering in a grave somewhere.
可能正在某个墓地里腐烂
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表