剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
Terribly exciting isn't it? Why is that, George?
很让人激动 对吗 为什么 乔治
One of these young ladies is slated
这些年轻的女士中的一位
to become Mrs. Rodney Strong,
会被选为罗德尼斯特朗夫人
now that his family have deemed it time
他的家族认为
that he settled down and married.
是时候让他成家了
That's him there, sir.
他在那里 先生
Although rumour has it that he's been
但是有传言说
peculiarly uninterested in entertaining
到现在为止他一直对
the company of young ladies up to this point.
取悦女性不太感兴趣
Oh. Is he... ? Shy, sir.
噢 难道... 先生 他只是害羞
Extremely shy.
非常的害羞
An unusual trait given that he's been
不正常的是他已经
widely considered the most eligible bachelor
被大家广泛地认为是整个多伦多
in the entire city of Toronto.
黄金单身汉中的之最
And the whole country, I'd reckon.
我猜就算在全国也算是
Thank you for coming.
谢谢你能来
I know for a modern woman like yourself,
我知道像你这样的现代女性
such events must seem rather old fashioned.
这样的活动肯定看起来相当过时
It's nice to have a night out on occasion.
偶尔在夜晚外出感觉也挺好的
I had no idea that Toronto was such a
没想到多伦多是这个一个
genteel city. Oh, we're very sophisticated.
有教条的城市 我们的规矩很复杂的
Some of the most eligible young ladies in the city, sir,
先生 这个城市中最有资格当选的一些女孩
are vying for the prize.
都在争夺这个身份
Oh, sir!
先生
This is Madeline Wellwood.
那个是玛德琳·韦尔伍德
Eldest daughter of Ralph and Millicent Wellwood.
韦尔伍德家里的大女儿
The mining family?
开展矿业的家族
Yes, that's right, sir, excellent, sir.
是的 没错 先生 您了解的真多
Not really considered a contender, though.
但是她事实上不被认为有什么竞争力
And I must say, Toronto Society has been most welcoming.
不得不说 多伦多一直很受欢迎
We're Canadians, we always are.
我们是加拿大人 一直都是
Oh, ho ho! This could be trouble, sir.
这有点麻烦 先生
This is Jennie Berridge.
这个是詹妮·贝里奇
Suffice to say, there is little love lost
我想说 她和其他
between her and the other young ladies.
小姐们的关系可不太融洽
Who, by the way, sir, have all taken up residence
顺便一说 她们都将在接下来的几天住在这个酒店里
in this hotel for the festivities over the next few days.
接下来的几天住在这个酒店里
Apparently, because none of them want to let
显然 因为她们不想让
each other out of their sight.
其他任何人离开自己的视线
I'm grateful they've included Elizabeth,
我很感激他们接纳了伊丽莎白
I know she was loathe to miss the London season.
我知道她不想错过伦敦社交季
You're English Aristocracy.
你们是英国贵族
As such, you and your Elizabeth are already celebrities.
这样说 你和伊丽莎白已经是名流了
I appreciate that.
谢谢
But I must admit
但是我必须承认
I hardly thought we would be arriving in the middle of a...
我没想到我们可以参加
marriage lottery.
这种相亲
Oops! Oh, this is unfortunate, sir.
哎呦 真遗憾 先生
Erma Fairhurst, sir.
她叫厄玛·费尔赫斯特
Twenty-three years of age and sadly, past her prime.
23岁 可惜大好时光已经过去
In fact they say the only reason she is in attendance at all
事实上大家说她能出席的唯一原因
is because her family are picking up
是因为他的家庭支付了
the cost of the entire event.
活动的所有费用
George, how do you know all this? Madge Merton, sir!
乔治 你怎么知道这儿的 因为马奇·默顿
Her "Page For Women" in the Toronto Daily Star is...
她在多伦多每日星报上刊登的"女人刊"
essential reading for anybody who wants to know
是每个想知道多伦多社会
the ins and outs of Toronto Society.
内情的人的基本读物
Ah! Faye Sloane, sir.
这个是法耶·斯洛娜
They say she has cut many to the quick with her razor-sharp tongue.
人们都说她很毒舌
In fact, Madge Merton says there is a movement afoot
有趣的是 马奇·默顿说大家都想给她的
to have her tongue registered as a deadly...
毒舌颁个死亡勋章
All right, that's... enough. Of course, sir.
好了 别说了 好的 先生
Just trying to edify you, sir, in case you are
我只是想告诉您一些 以防万一
called upon to socialize later.
待会你要去应酬他们
There she is.
她来了
Doesn't she look lovely?
她看起来是不是很可爱
She does
是的
I must say this eligible bachelor
我想说这个男人如果
could do a lot worse than my Elizabeth.
不选择我的伊丽莎白真的是亏大了
I thought you said you didn't know about Mr. Strong's
我以为你说你不知道斯特朗先生
necessity to marry. I didn't.
要结婚的事情 我是不知道
But if he has to marry...
但是如果他要结婚
just look at her.
快看看她
This is it, sir. This is the big moment.
先生 激动人心的时刻到了
Ruth is about to make her appearance. Ruth?
露丝要出场了 露丝
Sir, Ruth Embree!
先生 你不知道露丝·恩布里吗
Only the odds-on favourite to win the bachelor's hand!
她是唯一一个最有胜算的小姐
Hm?
啊
Ruth?
露丝
My God.
我的天啊
Ruth...
露丝
It's Ruth. It's my Ruthie.
是露丝 我的露丝宝贝
Oh Rodney, I'm so sorry.
罗德尼 真抱歉
If there is anything I can do...
真希望我能帮到什么
Thank you. She was lovely.
谢谢 她是个可爱的女孩
And I'm so, so, sorry Rodney...
我很抱歉 罗德尼
If there is anything I can do to comfort you, anything...
我愿意做任何事让你好受一些 任何事
Look at those two,
看那两个人
about as subtle as a couple of dollymops.
就像一对饥渴的卖♥♥淫♥女♥一样
This is horrible!
太可怕了
Of course, it's horrible.
当然很可怕
Ruth was my friend.
露丝是我的朋友
Who would do this to her?
谁会对她做这种事
Who?
谁
One of you three, of course.
肯定是你们三个中的一个
I'm afraid I'll be needed for some time.
我恐怕马上有的忙的
Yes. Of course.
是的
Come on.
走吧
How would she end up here?
她怎么跑到这上面来的
Someone she knew could have lured her up here?
可能是她认识的人把她引诱到这里来
The only way in is through the door we entered.
唯一进来的途径就是我们进来的那扇门
The manager said they were doing repair work on the ceiling.
管♥理♥员♥说他们最近正在修理天花板
The lath and plaster could have given way
板条抹灰肯定加快了
when the blood weakened it.
血液寝室天花板的速度
At a most unfortunate time.
真可惜
You know, sometimes I'd give anything
你知道 有时候我只想
for just a quiet evening out with my wife.
和我的老婆度过一个安静的夜晚
As would I.
我也是
I don't wanna be here anymore.
我不想再待在这里
I need to get my sleep.
我需要休息
Yes, of course, you can go, Miss Berridge.
好的 你当然可以休息 贝里奇小姐
Ladies and Gentlemen!
女士们先生们
You're all free to go, but please,
你们都可以走了 在走之前
register your names and addresses
请跟任何一个警员
with one of the Constables before you do.
登记上你们的名字和地址
Thank you. Would that mean
谢谢 是不是说
we can leave together? Yes, I suppose we can.
我们可以一起走 应该是
Elizabeth,
伊丽莎白
we need to be on our way.
我们要走了
Come on, my dear. Let's get you home.
来 亲爱的 我们回家
It's absurd.
太可笑了
What is?
怎么了
Surely, your husband doesn't think
很显然 你丈夫不认为
any of these young women capable of murder.
这些小姐有杀人的嫌疑
Anyone is capable of murder.
每个人都有嫌疑
Roll your tongue back into your head, Higgins.
把你的口水擦一擦 希金斯
Sir, I wasn't! Ha ha ha!
先生 我哪有 哈哈哈
So, this Strong chap,
那个叫斯特朗的家伙
he's got the pick of the bunch, has he?
他要选择这些美人 对吗
So I've heard, sir. Lucky bugger!
是这样听说的 先生 真幸运
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表