剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
If I went alone, some aspiring businessman
如果我独自一人去 一些有抱负的商人
might think I'm there looking for a husband.
可能会认为我在那里寻找一个丈夫
I'm sorry, Louise,
我很抱歉 露易丝
I didn't mean to ruin your night as well.
我不是有意破坏你的夜晚
Miss Cherry, I couldn't help but overhear.
彻丽小姐 我忍♥不住偷听
If you're without plans this evening, you're welcome
如果今天晚上没有计划 欢迎你
to join me at the roller races.
来加入我的滑轮赛
George.
乔治
It appears the whole city is swept up in roller fever.
看来整个城市都被卷起了热潮
I'm afraid I should decline;
恐怕我会拒绝
I'm not much good at sporting events.
我不是很擅长体育赛事
I can never get past the 'why' of it.
我永远不能理解这点
Who cares who's the fastest?
谁在意谁是最快呢
I suppose it's nice for them,
我想这对她们来说很好
but what does it matter to anyone else?
但是跟别人有什么关系
I don't know. I find it hard to turn away from the pursuit
我不知道 我发现不管其过程多么繁琐
of human excellence in any form, no matter how trivial.
始终令人难以放弃以任何形式对人类卓越品质的追求
Hm! I never thought of it that way.
我倒是没这样想过
Well, no, nor should you.
不 你不用这么想
I mean, we can't all be fanatics.
我是说 我们不能都是狂热者
I'll talk to you tomorrow, Louise.
明天再谈吧 路易斯
Indeed.
确实
And I just wanted to say I'm very much looking forward
我只想说我非常期待
to our dinner on Sunday.
星期天的晚宴
Oh, as am I, and the Detective. We'll be glad to have you.
我也是 还有探员 我们很高兴能邀请你来做客
Goodbye, George. Rest up.
再见 乔治 好好休息
I like her.
我喜欢她
She's strong, opinionated, kind...
她很坚强 有主见 而且善良
She's certainly beautiful.
她的确很漂亮
She's lovely, George.
她很可爱 乔治
I know.
我知道
Well, depending who you ask,
问题的答案取决你发问的对象
none of them could have done it.
他们谁也做不到
And... any of them could have done it.
或者 他们中任何一个都有可能做得到
I don't understand, sir. If they're all lying anyway,
我不明白 长官 如果他们都在撒谎
why not at least get their stories straight?
那他们为什么不统一口径
They all travel together,
她们一起结伴旅行
but competed against one another. Friends and rivals.
但是却互相竞争 既为朋友又是对手
Now, some of them have been trying to help
现在 他们中的一部分人试图想要帮助
while some of them have been lying to make the others look guilty.
那些有意撒谎使其他人看起来有罪的人
Right. Perhaps then, sir,
没错 或许 长官
the answer lies with the victim's loved ones.
答案就在于受害者所爱的人
Ah, yes. Mrs. Palmer's husband and daughter provided alibis
没错 帕尔默夫人的丈夫和女儿
that are impossible to prove one way or the other.
所提供的不在场证明均不够充分
Just as suspicious as the Queens, then.
也就是说 其嫌疑程度与女王队相当
I suppose, sir, the skater with the most
长官 我猜 对于滑冰者来说
immediate motive would be Sophie Palmer.
最直接的动机应该是索菲·帕尔默
Yes. Her mother was controlling.
没错 她的母亲掌管着一切
But I remain skeptical that merely keeping her daughter
但我仍然怀疑 仅仅只是阻止她女儿滑冰
from skating could be motive for murder.
有可能成为杀人的动机
Good luck out there.
祝你好运
I don't need luck.
我可不需要什么好运
No, I suppose not. You'll lose all the same.
不 我可不这么想 反正你必输无疑
I've found something, Murdoch.
我发现了一些东西 默多克
About the killer? About the Buffalo Queens.
关于凶手的吗 关于布法罗皇后队的
Which one? All of them.
哪一个 她们所有人
They're a team, Murdoch.
她们是个团队 默多克
They pretend to race against one another,
她们装作互相竞争
but they're always working together.
但是实际上 她们一直在互相合作
Still, one of them has to win.
不过 在她们之中只有一个人能赢
They take turns. I got Jackson to pull newspapers
她们会轮流 我已经吩咐杰克逊
from all the cities where they've been on tour
把他们巡回演出途经城市的报纸全都带过来
and put together the results.
把调查结果整合起来
They don't win every race, that would be too obvious.
她们不会每场都赢 这样太明显了
But when they do win,
但是 如果她们赢了
it's already settled which
说明她们早已设好局
one of them will take the trophy.
在她们之中总有一个会拿到最后的战利品
This time it will be Mildred Preston,
这一次的赢家必然是米尔德里德·普雷斯顿
mark my words.
记住我说的话
So they're cheating.
所以 她们在出老千
They work together to ensure that they win
她们互相合作确保胜利
the bulk of the prize money and then divide it evenly.
收获大把奖金 然后再平均分配
It's not about the prize money. Don't you see?
这根本与奖金无关 你看不出来吗
They decide ahead of time who wins.
她们提前决定由谁赢
They're placing bets. Exactly.
她们是在下注 没错
And hitting blackjack every time.
并且 每次都叫牌二十一点
Thank you, my good man. Ah! Hiya, George.
谢谢你 我的好小伙 你好 乔治
George? Ha, ha, ha! This is so funny.
乔治 这也太有趣了吧
This happens to me all the time. I have a twin brother
这种事总发生在我身上 我有一个双胞胎兄弟
named George and he very rarely mentions me... Oh, can it.
他叫乔治 而且他很少提及我 停下
You're not very good at faking a cough.
你可不太擅长假装咳嗽
I'm sorry, Louise. It's just that...
我很抱歉 路易斯
I so badly didn't want to disappoint you that... George,
我真的不想让你失望 乔治
I don't care.
我不在乎
You don't care? No.
你不在乎吗 对
You did what you had to do to get what you wanted.
为了得到你想要的 你做了必须做的事
Next time, save yourself the trouble and just tell me.
下一次 你大可不必费神 直接告诉我就行了
So, you're not upset that I lied?
所以 你不会因为我撒谎而生气吗
How naive do you think I am? Everyone lies.
你觉得我有那么天真吗 每个人都撒谎
So. Who do we have money on?
所以 我们给谁下注了
Well, I just... Come on! It's starting.
我只是 行了 开始了
We don't want to miss it.
我们可不想错过
The letter.
是那封信
The one written by Mildred Preston to Mrs. Palmer.
那封米尔德里德·普雷斯顿写给帕尔默夫人的信
It said, "We're in control. You'll never be able to stop us."
上面说 一切都在掌控之中 你永远无法阻止我们
They were talking about gambling.
她们说的是赌博
The victim knew what they were up to.
受害者清楚他们的意图
Yes. And they killed her to keep her from exposing them.
没错 她们杀了她是为了保护自己的身份不被曝光
William, Inspector.
威廉 警长
Careful!
当心点
Faster, Rebecca!
快一点 瑞贝卡
Well done, Miss James, well done. Alright, Miss James, alright.
干得好 詹姆斯小姐 漂亮 詹姆斯小姐
That's not fair!
这一点也不公平
I hope she's alright.
我希望她一切安好
You see?
你看见了吗
Once they fix the race, they ensure they get the win.
一旦她们准备好了 比赛就一定会赢
It's always about the money, Murdoch.
都是钱惹的祸 默多克
Rebecca!
瑞贝卡
Are you alright?
你没事吧
Julia...
朱莉亚
You did that on purpose! Excuse me!
你是故意这么做的 什么
All of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
你们都该为你们的所做作为感到羞耻
Julia! Let's go.
朱莉亚 我们走
William, did you see what they did to her? I did.
威廉 你有看到她们对她下的毒手吗 看到了
I'm aware that your races involve betting.
我知道你的比赛涉及赌博
You are a clever man.
你是个聪明人
Who cares? Anyone can see that.
谁在乎 所有人都心知肚明
Please, put that down.
请你把那玩意儿放下
I suspect that you all bet on the eventual winner of the races,
我怀疑你们把赌注都下在了比赛最终的赢家身上
in this case Mildred,
比如米尔德里德
and then all work together to ensure that result.
接着 互相合作确保大功告成
Is that against the law, Detective? No,
这难道违法了吗 探长 不
but it does provide you with sufficient motivation
但这确实证明了你有足够的动机
to have injured Sophie Palmer prior to the race.
为了一切顺利进行 在比赛时伤害索菲·帕尔默
We were all in the arena at the time that Sophie was attacked.
索菲遭到袭击的时候 我们可都在比赛场
Even our bookie will tell you that.
甚至我们的赌注者都可以证实这一点
Well, I hope so, for your sake.
好吧 看在你的份上 但愿如此
My constable is speaking with him now.
我的警员现在正在和他谈话
Bye! Miss James.
再见 詹姆士小姐
I want to throttle each one of them. Composure, young lady.
我想把她们一个个都勒死 冷静一点 小姐姐
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表