剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
Any wrongdoing and your doctor would've figured that out.
要真有什么异常 医生一定会发现的
You say she's sharp.
你自己也说她很厉害
She is, but maybe she made a mistake.
确实 但说不定她弄错了呢
You know, I still can't fathom this, Becca.
贝卡 我还是没法理解这些做法
Cutting open dead people?
解剖死人
I just took out a man's liver and put it in a bottle.
我刚把一个死人的肝脏取出放进了一个瓶子里
Then I did his kidney and his spleen.
还有他的肾脏和脾脏
How's that for a morning's work? Disgusting.
这是不是很适合早上干 恶心
I've got used to it.
我已经习惯了
I just see body bits now.
在我眼里它们不过是人体器官而已
We all have them. We do
我们都有啊 我知道
and they don't belong in jars,
但它们不应该放在瓶子里
that's plain unholy.
这是亵渎
I don't know, maybe your friend... Sarah.
或许你的朋友 是莎拉
Could be she had things going on she didn't talk about.
说不定她正经历着一些她难以启齿的事
Things she took to the grave.
她宁愿把这些事带进坟墓
Why not let her rest in peace, Becca?
就让她安息吧 贝卡
You're wrong,
你错了
but I don't have time to argue with you.
我没时间和你争辩
I have to get to the school.
我要去上学了
Well, argue with me at the church social.
那就在教堂的联谊会跟我吵吧
You are coming, aren't you?
你会来的 对吧
Yes.
会去
I got roped into borrowing chairs from the school for it.
我还要从学校拿椅子去呢
Well, I'll get a wagon, give you a hand.
那我带辆马车去帮你
You will?
真的吗
Come on, Becca, that was your plan all along.
得了吧 贝卡 你不就等着我说吗
Well, yes it was.
是的
Make sure you don't crash up that thing.
路上小心点 别撞坏了
Don't worry, I won't.
别担心 我不会的
For centuries we have lived in darkness,
在过去的几百年里我们都生活在黑暗中
but no more.
但这都过去了
We are throwing off the cloak of ignorance, ladies.
女士们 我们不再无知
A year ago, a microbiologist
一年前 微生物学家
a Doctor David Bruce
大卫·布鲁斯
found parasites in the blood of a European man
在一名患病的欧洲男子的血液中
suffering from, of all things,
发现了寄生虫
African sleeping sickness. Formal name, anyone?
非洲昏睡病 正式的医学名称 有谁知道呢
Yes, Miss Roy. African trypanosomiasis.
罗伊小姐 非洲锥虫病
Thank you.
没错 谢谢
Now, those same parasites had been previously found
这些相同的寄生虫之前就在
in trout and frogs.
鳟鱼和青蛙中发现了
Were they the cause of the man's malady?
那是不是它们导致人类的疾病的呢
Or, if so,
或者说 假设是这样的
how had they been transmitted to the victim?
这些东西是怎么传播到受害者的身上的呢
Miss Baxter? Via Glossina Morsitans.
巴克斯特小姐 通过刺舌蝇传播
Ah yes, indeed!
没错
The fancy Latin term for the ubiquitous tsetse fly.
在奇妙的拉丁语中的意思是无处不在的采采蝇
So now we have the cause, the specific microbe;
现在我们弄清楚了病因就是特定的微生物
the search for a treatment begins.
所以我们便开始研究治疗的方法
It's a thrilling time to be in medicine.
医药研究的时光总让人兴奋不已
Cures will be found and deadly diseases eradicated
女士们 你们有生之年一定能见到
in your lifetime, ladies.
治疗方法被开♥发♥出来 恶疾被根除的那天
Though in the meantime, I suggest
即便如此 私以为
you stay away from the tsetse fly.
你们还是远离采采蝇为妙
Professor Hempel, our final exam results?
亨佩尔教授 我们的期末考试成绩呢
I believe they will be posted tomorrow.
我想明天就会公布出来的
Now good day.
真是美好的一天
Drowned?
溺死
That's truly, truly awful.
这真的是太可怕了
Poor Sarah.
可怜的莎拉
You were both in the same study group, weren't you?
你们两个都是在一个学习小组的 不是吗
Yes. We spent hours together.
是的 我们经常在一起
Was she upset about something that would give her
她有没有遇到烦心事让她有理由
cause to take her own life?
放弃自己的生命呢
Nothing at all. Has to be some kind of accident.
没有 她可能是发生了什么意外
She was graduating,
她快要毕业了
starting work with Professor Hempel, lucky thing.
她准备和亨佩尔教授一起工作 那是幸运的事
Why kill herself? I know.
她为什么还自杀呢 我也这么认为
I feel the same way.
我的感觉也是这样的
Maybe it has something to do with her beau.
也许和她的情郎有关系
I wouldn't call him a beau.
我才不会说他是情郎
Who is he?
他是谁
His name is...
他的名字叫...
We shouldn't say anything, Anne.
我们不可以说的 安妮
Why not?
为什么不可以说
Sarah was very private.
莎拉不喜欢别人谈论自己的私事
She's dead, it's a bit late for secrets.
她已经死了 这不是什么秘密了
Alright then.
那好吧
His name's Bernard Winston.
他叫伯纳德·温斯顿
He's a medical student in his final year.
他是今年即将毕业的医学专业的学生
Just a second, who are you again?
等一下 你再说一遍你是谁
You were a friend of Sarah's.
你是莎拉的朋友
I still can't believe it.
我还是难以相信这件事
We were supposed to have supper at my hall last night,
昨天我们本打算在我家共进晚餐的
but she didn't show up.
但她一直没有出现
Did you get into an argument?
你们吵架了吗
Was she upset about something?
她是不是有什么烦心事呢
What do you mean?
你什么意思
You think I had something to do with this?
你认为我和她的死有什么关系吗
I'm just trying to understand what happened, Mr. Winston.
我只是在尽量弄清楚发生了什么 温斯顿先生
How long had you known her?
你认识她多久啦
We met at the inauguration
十月份的时候 我们在
of the new medical building in October.
新医学楼的开幕式上认识的
Right off the bat, her intelligence shone through.
随即 她的智慧便闪闪发光
You were attracted to her brain?
你被她的智慧所吸引了吗
That's novel.
还真是小说式浪漫
My father pushed me into medical school,
我的父亲将我送进医学院的
but I'm more cut out for the cricket pitch than study hall.
但相比去自修室 我更适合去板球场
I would've been out on my ear months ago without Sarah's help.
没有莎拉的帮助 我在几个月之前就会被开除
Sounds like you owe her a lot.
听起来你亏欠她的还很多
It wasn't all work.
但往往都是事与愿违
Our knowledge of anatomy wasn't...
我们的解剖学知识并不...
purely academic.
纯学术的
She was happy, Miss James,
她很开心 詹姆斯小姐
excited about the future.
她一直憧憬着未来
I talked to her friends, and no one can fathom
我找她的朋友聊过 她们清楚
Sarah taking her own life.
莎拉会自杀
The suicide of someone close can be hard to comprehend,
自杀者身边的亲近的人都很难理解
and the reason why Miss Franklin made that choice
富兰克林小姐为什么会做出那个选择的原因
is, no doubt, very complex.
是很复杂的
You may never have an answer.
你可能永远都没办法得到答案
Bit what if she didn't kill herself?
有可能她不是自杀的呢
Miss James,
詹姆斯小姐
without evidence of foul play,
如果没有谋杀的证据
there's nothing we can do about it.
这件事我们无能为力了
You understand that, don't you?
你是清楚的 不是吗
Then let's turn our attention to what
我们还是把我们的精力用在
poison killed Mr. Mclnnes.
杀死麦金尼斯先生的毒药上吧
Reinsch has proven unhelpful.
雷因须试验已经证明是没有用的了
Could you set up for the Gutzeit test?
你能帮我为古蔡试验做一些准备吗
And the science laboratory is to be at the end of this wing.
科学实验室会在这边侧翼的尽头
Yes, for my wife and myself.
这是为我和我妻子度身定做的
I suppose she's behind the automated dishwashing cupboard.
我想她是自动洗碗橱柜的背后设计者
Actually, that's my idea.
实际上 这是我的主意
I have detailed specifications here...
我有一份有具体细节的说明书
Which I have studied carefully, Detective Murdoch.
我已经研究得很仔细了 默多克探长
No matter the peculiarities of the room contents,
无论房♥间设计内容多么的具有独特性
it's still a bricks-and- mortar construction
它依旧是一座砖瓦砌成的建筑物
for which I am well qualified. Yes.
我很胜任这份工作 是的
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表