剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
has provided Elizabeth with this opportunity...
为伊丽莎白提供了机会
then we must act upon it.
那我们就必须采取行动
And what if she doesn't see it as such?
如果她不这么认为呢
Oh, she's only a young girl.
她只是个小女孩
She hardly knows her own mind.
她不了解她自己的想法
Momma! Oh! Just a moment!
妈妈 稍等一下
Now don't go acting all holier-than-thou, Julia.
别假仁假义了 朱莉亚
Both you and I know how ruthless you can be
你我都知道在紧要关头
when push comes to shove.
你有多残忍♥
Are you getting dressed?
你要换衣服吗
In time.
还早
I was hoping you might come with me.
我以为你会和我一起去
I'm going to see the building lot
我准备去看那个我跟你说过的
I was telling you about.
地皮
The one overlooking the Don Ravine?
俯瞰唐峡谷的那个
It could be perfect for us.
它会很适合我们
You go. I trust your judgment.
你去吧 我相信你的眼光
Are you sure? Yes!
你确定吗 是的
Another time.
下次吧
I'm sure it's wonderful.
我确信那里很好
You and Miss Embree were close?
你和恩布里关系亲密吗
More than close.
不仅是亲密
I was going to marry her.
我准备和她结婚了
One of the ladies suggested that
有位女士说
Miss Embree was carrying a secret.
恩布里小姐知道了一个秘密
One that may have cost her her life.
那个秘密导致了她的死亡
What was it?
是什么
I was hoping you might enlighten me.
我还希望你能告诉我
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Did Miss Embree try to force your hand?
恩布里强迫你了吗
What are you suggesting?
你说什么
Did she force you to marry her?
她强迫你跟她结婚了吗
Heavens, no!
天哪 没有
Did she tell you that she was with child?
她告诉你她怀孕了吗
No.
没有
Was she?
她怀孕了吗
I had grown quite fond of Ruth.
我已经很喜欢露丝了
I thought she would make a suitable bride.
我以为她很适合做我的新娘
Had the two of you been intimate?
你们发生过性关系吗
I don't see how that is any of your business.
这件事跟你没有关系吧
Mr. Strong...
斯特朗先生
Yes, we had been.
是的 我们有过
Now I fear that will be the last happy day of my life!
现在恐怕那天是我这一生最后的开心日子了
Look at this.
你看这些
All of them pretending to be sorry for me.
她们都假装为我感到抱歉
Pretending?
假装
They know I have to marry!
她们知道我必须结婚
Each one of them is just hoping I'll pick her, now.
每个人都希望我选择她们自己
My God.
天哪
Each one more maudlin than the last.
一个比一个伤感
Get rid of them.
扔掉吧
Strange. Nothing from the... English girl.
奇怪 英国女孩没有送
I suppose breeding shows.
我想可能是殖民地的原因
Rodney, it's time.
罗德尼 是时候了
Yes. Another reception.
恩 另一场接待
Time to paste a smile back on my face.
该假笑了
Give me a minute? Of course.
我能先失陪一下吗 当然
He's a good man, Detective.
他是个好人 探长
His heart is heavy, but he'll recover.
他现在心情很沉重 但他会恢复的
It seems odd that he would
很奇怪在他爱的人刚死
have to go through with all this
他就必须得
after the woman that he loves just died.
经历这些事
I don't know that he loved her;
我不知道他爱着她
she was simply his first.
她只是他的第一次
And he will honour his commitment to his family
而他会对家族恪守承诺
that's more important.
那很重要
Who'd have the most to gain from Miss Embree's death?
谁会从恩布里小姐的死中获益最多
Any one of them.
她们每个人
The Strong's family fortune is...
斯特朗先生的家族财产
considerable. Of course.
很客观 当然
Thank you. Rodney, we should get a move on.
谢谢 罗德尼 我们该走了
Rodney?
罗德尼
Mr. Strong!
斯特朗先生
I'm sorry.
对不起
Sorry?
为什么道歉
It's just the circumstances of my life.
因为我的人生
There are times it just feels too much,
总有些时候让我不堪重负
I wish I could disappear.
我很希望自己能消失
Then why marry?
那为什么要结婚
I have to.
我不得不结
My obligations to my family are...
我对我家庭的义务
are stronger than the ones to myself.
远比对自己的重要
I would have married her regardless;
不管有没有孩子
with child, without child...
我都会娶她
But... Detective, believe me,
可是...探长 相信我
I had nothing to do with Ruth's death.
我绝对没有杀害露丝
No, I don't think you did.
我相信你没有
But in the future, when the police come calling,
但下一次 当警♥察♥来电♥话♥的时候
don't run.
别再逃跑了
Thank you.
谢谢
Poor Erma.
可怜的厄玛
Why do you say that? Have you seen her face?
为什么这么说 你看到她的脸了吗
She has broken out in the most terrible case of hives.
蜜蜂可喜欢她了
That's so unfortunate.
真不幸
I certainly hope it wasn't the cold cream I loaned her.
当然我可不希望是因为我借她的雪花膏
Hm! Here he is.
哇 他来了
Excuse us, ladies.
抱歉请等一下 姑娘们
Oh, Mr. Strong!
哦 斯特朗先生
Uh, forgive me for being forward,
原谅我这么鲁莽
but I don't feel we've been formally introduced.
不过我想我们还没有被正式介绍过
I am Lady Suzanne Atherly. How do you do?
我是苏珊妮·阿瑟利 您好
This is my friend, Doctor Julia Ogden,
这是我的朋友 朱莉亚·奧格登医生
and of course, you've met my daughter, Elizabeth.
当然 您已经见过了我的女儿 伊丽莎白
Welcome to Canada, Lady Elizabeth.
欢迎来到加拿大 伊丽莎白小姐
Thank you.
谢谢
I do hope this evening will be less...
我衷心希望今晚不会再...
trying.
成为噩梦
It would give me great pleasure if you would join us.
如果您与我们一起 那真是荣幸之至
I should circulate. Yes, I'm sure.
我得去那边了 我知道的
But we won't keep you long.
不过我们不会耽误您太久
Well, will you look at that?
呦 快看看那里
I suppose you should have tried to marry when you were twelve.
我想 要想结婚 得十二岁就开始努力
At least then, you might have stood a chance.
至少那时候 你还能有个机会
You look like you want to be here as much as I do.
看起来似乎我们都很不情愿来这里
Obligations!
显而易见
I know exactly what you mean.
我完全理解你的意思
Family is often equal blessing and burden.
家庭既是港湾又是负担
And sometimes less than equal, I'm afraid.
有时恐怕更多的是负担
That's true.
确实如此
But there's nothing to be done about it.
但我们对此无能为力
It being the one part of life that you can't choose.
这是人生中无法选择的一部分
Have you been enjoying Canada, Lady Elizabeth?
你喜欢加拿大吗 伊丽莎白小姐
Yes. It's lovely.
喜欢 这里很棒
Even though I've only been here for such a short time,
尽管我才来这里没多久
I could imagine a life here.
我能想象这里的生活
Do you think they are hitting it off?
你觉得他们在擦出火花吗
For your sake, I hope so.
我希望是吧 为了您
It's not for me.
这可不是为了我
It's for her.
是为了她
Everything I do is for her.
我所做的一切都是为了她
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表