剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
New automobile, bespoke suit;
新型汽车 定制西服
our victim was a man of means, Julia.
茱莉娅 这次的受害人看来是个有钱人阿
So what was he doing in this part of town?
那他为什么到镇子的这头来
I don't know.
不知道
How long has he been dead?
死者死了多久了
Well, rigor has passed, so more than a day I'd hazard.
尸体都不僵硬了 一定超过一天了
And the vomit on his jacket is quite dry. William,
而且他夹克上的呕吐物很干了 威廉
there's intra-dermal bruising on his right temple,
他右侧太阳穴皮下出血
so he was leaning heavily on it before he died.
说明那里死前受过重压
The right temple?
右侧太阳穴吗
That seems odd, given that he's in the driver's seat.
这就奇怪了 他坐在驾驶座啊
Julia,
茱莉娅
I don't think our victim came here voluntarily.
我觉得死者是被迫坐到这儿的
I believe someone may have driven him here.
一定是有人开车带他来的
Moved his body into the driver's seat.
然后将他移到驾驶座
He died 36 to 48 hours ago,
他的死亡时间应该在36至48小时之前
perhaps longer.
或许更久
Vehicle was registered to an Edward Mclnnes,
车主叫爱德华·麦金尼斯
owner of Mclnnes Biscuits.
是麦金尼斯饼干店的店主
His wife reported him missing two days ago.
他的妻子两天前报案说他丈夫失踪
Do we have a cause of death yet?
查出死因了吗
We're going to test for poisons.
我们要验毒
Miss James is bottling Mr. Mclnnes in readiness.
詹姆斯女士正在取麦金尼斯先生的内脏做测验
Oh, I see.
看出来了
Don't worry, Detective,
别担心 探长
we will try to put everything back in the right place.
我们会把它们都放回原位的
I'm sure his wife will appreciate that.
我替她妻子谢谢你
I'll wager you're eager to get started.
我猜你们一定等不及要开始了
I won't keep you ladies. Good day.
我就不妨碍你们了
Did I upset the Detective? Not at all.
我做错什么了吗 没有
He never did get the hang of morgue humour.
他永远不懂陈尸所里的幽默
You, on the other hand, are a quick study.
而你 却学得很快
What do we have here?
又有谁来了
A young woman
死者是年轻的女性
fished out of the river early this morning.
今早从河里打捞上来的
Oh no!
不
What is it, Miss James? No, it can't be!
怎么了 詹姆斯 这不可能
You know her?
你认识她吗
It's Sarah.
是莎拉
Sarah Franklin.
莎拉·富兰克林
She's at the Medical College, two years above me.
她是我在医学院的学姐 大我两届
I'm so sorry.
节哀
Dear God, how could this happen?
天哪 怎么会这样
Are you sure, Doctor?
你确定吗 医生
I can't find any evidence of wrongdoing.
我找不到任何谋杀的痕迹
I'm going to record a death by drowning,
我要记录为溺亡了
but I believe Miss Franklin took her own life.
我觉得富兰克林女士是自杀
That's not possible.
不可能
I realize it's not what you want to hear,
我知道这不是你想听到的答案
but it is consistent with the police report.
但这和警方的报道是一致的
Her shawl was folded nearby,
她的披肩整齐地叠在一旁
there were stones in her pocket,
衣服口袋里还装着石头
and railing on the footbridge wasn't broken.
而且人行桥边的栏杆也完好无损
It seems she climbed over and threw herself into the water.
应该是她自己爬过栏杆跳下去的
Or she was thrown over.
万一是被人抛下去的呢
There was no evidence of struggle.
可没有挣扎的痕迹啊
But Sarah had no reason to take her own life, Dr. Ogden.
可是奥格登医生 莎拉没有理由自杀啊
She was about to graduate,
她就要毕业了
she just received a research scholarship.
而且刚拿到研究奖学金
She was so excited about her future.
她对自己的未来充满希望
There was no water in her stomach;
还有她的胃里没有水
how can you explain that?
这怎么解释
It could have been forced
有可能是因为水经
into the intestines by peristalsis,
胃蠕动进了肠道
especially if she had an empty stomach and drowned slowly.
特别是在她空腹缓慢地溺亡的过程中
Miss James,
詹姆斯女士
this must be a terrible shock.
这对你来说一定难以接受
I'm so sorry.
节哀顺便
Yes, my husband was wearing this suit
是的 我丈夫离开家的时候
when he left the house. Tuesday evening?
就是穿着这套西装 周二晚上吗
It was the last time I saw him.
那是我们最后一次见面了
Had your husband encountered any problems of late?
你丈夫最近有碰上什么麻烦吗
At work perhaps? No.
比如工作上的 没有
Edward was an astute business man and very well-liked.
爱德华是个精明的商人 深受人们喜爱
He has never been anything but a good provider.
不论其他 至少他是个好当家的
Mrs. Mclnnes, if I may ask...
麦金尼斯夫人 容我问一
Edward and I were betrothed at a very young age.
我和爱德华在很年轻的时候就订婚了
We raised our children in a Christian household.
我们一家都是基♥督♥徒
We were always courteous to one another,
我们相敬如宾
but our marriage was no love match.
但并不是因为相爱才走到一起
I see.
原来如此
Some years ago, Edward took his first mistress,
几年前 爱德华找了第一个情妇
something I accepted. It seemed
我默许了 作为一个妻子
easier than being required to be a "wife" in that regard.
这样似乎日子更好过些
Does that answer your question?
这个答案你满意吗
Thank you for your candour.
谢谢你的坦率
Do you recall anything unusual prior to his disappearance?
在你丈夫失踪之前有没有发现什么异常
Not that I remember.
没有
Though a woman did call at the house the same day
不过我报案我丈夫失踪那天
I reported Edward missing. She was anxious to speak to him.
确实有个女人打电♥话♥来急于和他通话
Who was she? I don't know.
她是谁 我不知道
She was distraught, but not enough to leave her name.
她当时很着急 没留下姓名
Thank you, Mrs. Mclnnes.
谢谢 麦金尼斯夫人
If there is anything else, I will contact you.
若有需要 会另行通知的
Should you wish to speak to my husband's current mistress,
觉得你应该和我丈夫的现任情妇谈谈
her name is Lucy Stone.
她叫露西·斯通
I believe he had installed her
他应该是把她安置在
in a flat above a milliner's on Yonge Street.
央街一家女帽商楼上的公♥寓♥里
So his wife knows where I live.
看来他妻子知道我的住处
She does.
是的
I bet she didn't shed a tear over Edward being dead.
爱德华死了她肯定一滴眼泪都流不出来
It seems they had an agreement.
他们俩达成一致 婚姻名存实亡
Yes.
是的
Thank you. It was something his wife arranged.
谢谢 这是他妻子想出来的
But that's all in the past now.
不过这些都过去了
Poor Eddie.
爱德真可怜
When did your relationship begin?
你和爱德华的关系是从什么时候开始的
Nearly two years ago.
大约两年前吧
And we were happy too,
无论他妻子怎么跟你说的
no matter what his wife might tell you.
我们过得很快乐
We saw each other as much as we could,
虽然他有自己的家庭
what with his... responsibilities.
但我们都尽可能地见面
Did you see him the night of his death?
在他死的那晚你们见过面吗
Uh, no...
没有
Why was that?
为什么
Well, truth be told, Detective,
探长 实话告诉你
he stopped visiting three months ago.
他已经三个月没来过我这儿了
Did he give you a reason?
他跟你说过原因吗
He found another girl, I suppose.
我猜 他肯定是有了新欢
Still, he was...
不过他
honourable enough to keep paying my rent
仍然帮我付了房♥租
and sending me a little something.
还会给我寄点生活费
I know I won't be much welcome at his funeral,
我知道他的葬礼不欢迎我
but I would very much like to see him one more time.
可我真的很想再见他一面
I can arrange that, Miss Stone.
这个交给我吧 斯通女士
Thank you.
谢谢
I just can't accept that Sarah would kill herself.
我就是没办法接受莎拉会自杀
We opened her up and there was no water in her stomach.
我们验过尸了 她胃里也没水
I don't understand how you can drown
我就不明白了 既然是溺亡
and have no water in your stomach.
胃里怎么会没有水
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表