剧集 | 制造杀人犯(2015) | 导航列表
And, um... I felt there were some biased jurors that didn't,
并没有持开放的心态
you know, keep an open mind
而且在审讯开始前
and they had their mind made up,
他们就已经下定决心
you know, before the trial started,
我也因此感到沮丧
which I was pretty discouraged about myself.
我只知道好几个陪审员状况虚弱
All I know is that a lot of us were weak.
开始审议时虚弱疲惫
Starting deliberations, weak and tired.
我不确定决议是不是妥协的结果
I don't know if it was a compromise, you know?
"我们就做点什么吧 好让我们离开这里"
"Let's just do something here so we can get outta here."
我不知道
I don't know.
对我而言 这一切存在许多未解的疑问
To me, there's a lot of unanswered questions.
我意思是 我相信我们不能肯定
I mean, to me, I believe we don't know... for sure.
我意思是 我不能肯定是谁杀害了特瑞莎
I mean, I don't know for sure who killed Teresa
或是凶案如何发生的
or how it happened.
我手上有来自双方的陈词
I mean, all I have is statements from... both sides.
但我认为没有任何人能够得知真♥相♥
But I don't think anybody'll ever know what actually happened.
克拉兹先生是经验丰富的检察官
Mr. Kratz is an experienced prosecutor.
克拉兹先生能辨别是非
Mr. Kratz knows right from wrong.
克拉兹先生懂职业道德
Mr. Kratz knows ethics.
克拉兹先生在本案表现不专业
Mr. Kratz acted unprofessionally in this.
我无法尊敬他
I can't respect him for it.
他该寻求真♥相♥
He's supposed to be seeking the truth.
皮特·贝茨
迪恩和杰瑞的调查员
他没有寻求真♥相♥ 他只寻求定罪
This wasn't seeking a truth, he was seeking a conviction.
身为地方检察官
And... as a district attorney,
他比任何人都有责任
he is responsible above everybody on this.
由他发号♥施令
He called the shots.
由他指挥警♥察♥侦办方向
He told the cops which way he wanted 'em to run
他大概是这之中最难辞其咎的
and he is probably the most culpable of anybody for this.
而他们却因为本案的胜利而给他奖项
And they gave him an award for winning this case. It's...
在我看来 当前状况证明了
What's going on now just proves, in my opinion,
金姆·杜卡特
史蒂文的表姐
他们是多么铁了心
proves that... how hell-bent
要逮住他
they were on nailing him.
埃弗里家的人怎敢让县警局难堪
You know, how dare an Avery make County look bad.
你知道的
You know.
现在局势又扭转了回来
Now it's turned back around again.
县警局让埃弗里家很难堪
The county's making Avery look bad.
我觉得那正是他们想要的
And I think that's right where they wanted it to be.
一切都在他们的掌控之中
You know, it played right out in their hand.
如果你们愿意的话
If it's all right with you guys,
我想谈谈布兰登的事
I'd like to have a talk about Brendan.
将心比心地谈一谈
Sort of a heart-to-heart on this. Um...
我不知道你们家对这件事的立场如何
I don't know where your family is on this,
卡拉·蔡斯
史蒂文的侄女
但这事对一个44岁的成年人来说已经够糟了
but as horrible as this is for a 44-year-old man,
而放在一个17岁的男孩身上则更糟糕
it's ten times worse when you're talking about a 17-year-old boy
并且他头脑不太聪明
who's not very bright and, um...
他还没进入社会
you know, hasn't had a chance in life.
我知道我们输了官司
Um... Now I know we lost the trial,
劳埃德·谢雷尔
史蒂文的舅舅
但我觉得社区里现在认为
but I think now this community is a lot less certain
史蒂文和布兰登是凶手的人
that Steven and Brendan did it
要比此案审理之前少多了
than they were before we started Steven's case.
是的 我们收到越来越多相信他是清白的信
Yeah, because we're getting more letters that he's innocent.
"百分之百是清白的"
"A hundred percent innocent,"
-她写道 -那对布兰登很有利
- She says. - That has to help Brendan.
当...
And when the...
当检察官起来做终结陈述的时候
when the prosecutor stands up in closing arguments, you guys,
他说 "所有证据指向且仅指向一个人
and says, "All the evidence shows that one man and one man only
对特瑞莎·海尔贝克的死负责"
is responsible for the death of Teresa Halbach..."
-一个 -有且只有一个
- One. - One. One and one only.
-是的 -也就是史蒂文·埃弗里
- Yeah. - Meaning Steven Avery.
-没错 -那你怎么能
- Yeah. - So how do you come in
那样说了之后
and prosecute a 17-year-old boy
又起诉了这位十七岁的男孩
after you've stood up and said that?
马克和汤姆 汤姆有天打电♥话♥给斯科特
That Mark and Tom? That Tom called up Scotty the other day.
斯科特让芭芭拉告诉
Scotty was supposed to get Barbara
布兰登接受认罪协议
to tell Brendan to take the plea bargain.
-不 绝对不行 -那要坐十五年牢
- No. That would be a no-no. - And that's 15.
-那就等于... -她也告诉你了吗
- That's asking-- - Did she tell you that too?
认罪协议提出的是十五年监禁 十五年缓刑
The plea is 15 years. And then 15 probation.
真的吗
Um... So, I mean, seriously?
-汤姆打电♥话♥给斯科特·塔迪克... -没错
- Tom called Scott Tadych... - Mm-hm.
说"告诉你老婆让她儿子..."
...and said, "Tell your wife to make her son..."
-她是这么跟我说的 -"接受认罪协议"
- That's what she told me. - "...take the deal."
-她也和我说了 -那斯科特...
- Yeah, she said that to me too. - And what does Scott...
斯科特后来那么做了吗
Is Scott doing that kind of thing?
我总觉得他并没有为布兰登着想
He's never seemed to me to be on Brendan's side.
他告诉芭芭拉了 芭芭拉说没门
Oh, he told Barbara. And Barbara said there's no way.
首席检察官肯·克拉兹的工作仅进行了一半
Lead prosecutor Ken Kratz knows his job is only half done.
埃弗里的共同被告 即他侄子布兰登·戴西
Avery's co-defendant and nephew Brendan Dassey
将于4月16日在马尼托沃克县受审
goes to trial on April 16th in Manitowoc County,
布兰登·戴西的审判
布兰登·戴西
4月16日
庭审日期
本场审判预计将持续两周
that trial expected to last two weeks.
福克斯法官同意辩方的动议 从另一个县选拔陪审团
从另一县召集陪审团的动议通过
So a victory for you with the change of venue,
马克·福莱根
布兰登的指定律师
对你来说算是一场胜利吗
bringing the jury in from another county?
我不知道该不该称其为胜利
I don't know if you want to call it a victory,
不过我认为陪审团的公正是很重要的
but I think it's important that the jury be a fair jury,
而这一举措能确保这一点
and I think this is a way to ensure that.
你上次和布兰登谈话是什么时候
When's the last time you talked to Brendan?
我们刚谈完 不 我们...
Uh, we just did. No, I-- We--
过去七天 我见过他两次
I met with him actually twice in the last, you know, seven days.
-他怎么样 他的... -他挺好的
- How's he doing? What's his...? - He's fine. Yeah.
-你是否有所疑虑呢 -他是个很安静的人
- Do you have any concerns-- - He's a very quiet person.
你是否会事先考虑与检方讨论
Do you anticipate, um, discussing with the State
达成认罪协议的可能性
the possibility of a plea agreement?
我想之前的律师都讨论过这点
Because that has been something prior counsel I guess had discussed.
-协商认罪协议 -是的
- Plea negotiations? - Correct.
他们肯定会提出的
Uh... they'll be offered, I'm sure,
不过再次强调 我们现在正为
but once again, we're dealing with preparing
4月16日的庭审做准备
for April 16th for trial.
我们也将继续针对庭审进行准备
That's the way we're gonna continue to prepare.
当我们真正从检察官那拿到
When we actually got copies of motions
庭审提议和相关文件时
and the file from the prosecutor,
我们意识到有一些重大失误
we realized that there had been some major missteps,
雷· 埃德尔斯坦和马克·福莱根
布兰登的指定律师
因此我们不仅要代表某人出庭
and so we were not only going to be representing somebody,
还必须重新审视
but we're also now having to go back
来努力纠正之前犯下的错误
and try to correct mistakes that are already made.
这让我们的工作更加艰难
And that's-- That makes it a little more difficult,
因为通常你只有一次机会
because you don't usually get more than one crack at it.
现在我们不得不纠正之前的问题
And now we're kind of thrown in there to try to fix a problem,
同时还要为当事人辩护
along with trying to represent somebody.
马克问我想不想来帮忙
Mark asked me, you know, would I be interested in helping.
后来他慢慢说服了我 我答应了
And after he persuaded me a little bit, I said sure.
我觉得雷说我当时请他来是客气了
I think Ray was being nice by saying I asked him.
实际上我是求他来帮我辩护这个案子的
I pled with him to help me on this case,
因为这根本不是凭一己之力
because it certainly isn't the case
就能打赢的官司
that you can just have one person
而在奥什科什 没有几个律师
and there's not a lot of attorneys in Oshkosh
有过处理谋杀案的背景
that have a background dealing with homicides.
这将是我辩护的第五或第六件谋杀案
And this will be my fifth or sixth homicide case.
第二场庭审 谋杀案庭审
Um, second trial, homicide trial.
2007年4月16日
布兰登案庭审第一天
至少他们相信他
At least they believe in him.
芭芭·塔迪克
布兰登的母亲
这才是最重要的
That's the main thing.
剧集 | 制造杀人犯(2015) | 导航列表