剧集 | 制造杀人犯(2015) | 导航列表
of a naked woman manacled to a bed,
遭到性侵 刺伤 割喉 窒息
sexually assaulted, stabbed, throat cut, strangled,
在割喉未能将其杀死的情况下
when the slashing of her throat didn't kill her,
之后又被开枪射击十一次
and then only later, a corpse shot 11 times.
这就是传出去的故事
That was the story.
电视上呈现出的就是这样恐怖的故事
That was the horror story that was presented.
而非法拘禁 如我所说
And the false imprisonment charge, as I say,
是这恐怖故事中的最后一项指控
is the last vestige of that horror story.
那是虚假的故事
It was a fable.
丑陋而可怕的虚假故事
An ugly, horrific fable,
却依然还是有物证
but a fable all the same, belied by the physical evidence
和公诉方主诉的证词支持的虚假故事
and by the testimony in the State's own case-in-chief.
所以现在我请求法庭
So I'm asking the court to, in a sense,
在一定程度上纠正公诉方的所作所为
ratify what the State has already done.
也就是推♥翻♥这项指控
Which is the abandonment of this charge
推♥翻♥布兰登·戴西
and the abandonment of the theory
与此案有关的那些设想
that Brendan Dassey had anything to do with this...
或者说布兰登·戴西
or that the story that Brendan Dassey told
在警♥察♥的审问下说出的故事
under police questioning...
并非事实 没有根据
has any veracity, corroboration,
而在审讯中呈上的证据也没有说服力
or foothold in the evidence presented at this trial.
在陪审员诚信审查过程中
During voir dire, a number of jurors indicated
许多陪审员表示对布兰登·戴西一案
they were at least somewhat familiar with
多少有所耳闻
the case against Brendan Dassey.
法庭认为 如将此指控提交陪审团
To submit this charge to the jury would, the Court believes,
那么陪审团的裁决将受到
invite the jury to fill in the blanks, if you will,
他们可能受到记忆中 但其实在此案中
by what they might otherwise remember about allegations
并未被证实的指控的影响
that have not been supported by evidence in this case.
法庭裁定记录在案的证据不足以
The Court concludes there is not sufficient evidence
支持陪审团出于合理怀疑
in the record to support a jury finding of guilt
对于非法拘禁的指控做出有罪裁决
beyond a reasonable doubt on the false imprisonment charge,
因此法♥院♥批准
and the Court therefore grants
被告撤销该指控的动议
the defendant's motion to dismiss that charge.
今天上午的动议聆讯是关于
The motion hearings this morning on a litany of issues
陪审团早已有既成印象的一些问题
that have already gone before the jury.
你要如何让陪审团重新审视这些问题呢
How do you unring that bell with the jury?
一方面 我们回到了2006年2月28日当天
In one way, we're back to February 28, 2006.
回到了史蒂文最初面临的三项指控
We're back to the three counts Steve faced originally.
另一方面 我们无法真的回到2006年2月28日
And in another way, we can never be back to February 28, 2006,
因为从2006年3月1日和2日起
because March 1 and March 2, 2006,
当时公诉方举♥行♥了新闻发布会
happened with the State's press conferences
将丑陋公之于众 尽管最后证明都不是实情
and all of the ugly, and as it turns out, untrue things
但在舆♥论♥上非常不利于我们的当事人
that were said publicly against our client since then.
所以要问我见到最后一项
So is it nice to see the last vestige
指控撤销 我高不高兴
of those allegations fall away?
当然 但若说我欣喜若狂
Sure. And am I gloating over it?
并没有 因为最开始就不该有那些指控
No, because they never should've been there in the first place.
请将话筒移至埃弗里先生面前
If you can move the microphone over to Mr. Avery then.
埃弗里先生 你是否清楚
Uh, Mr. Avery, do you understand that the decision
要不要作证 由你决定
whether to testify or not is yours to make?
清楚
Yes.
也就是说你可以听从你的律师们
That means you can listen to your attorneys
和他们的建议 可最终还得由你决定
and listen to their advice, but ultimately it's your call.
你明白这点吗
Do you understand that?
我明白
Yes, I do.
有人威胁或向你许诺过什么
Has anyone made any threats or promises to you
企图影响你的决定吗
to influence your decision?
没有
No, they didn't.
你有和你的律师们深入商量你的决定吗
Have you thoroughly discussed your decision with your attorneys?
是的 我有
Yes, I did.
那你有做出决定
And have you made a decision as to whether or not
是否愿意在此案中作证吗
you wish to testify in this case?
-有 -那么你的决定是
- Yes. - What is your decision?
我的决定是 我是清白的 我...
The decision is... I'm an innocent man and I...
我无需作证
There's no reason for me to testify.
人人都知道我是清白的
Everybody knows I'm innocent.
好 那么你不愿作证 对吗
OK. So you wish not to testify, is that correct?
对
Yes.
-谢谢 请坐 -谢谢
- Thank you. You may be seated. - Thank you.
那么今天史蒂文·埃弗里说话了 是什么样子
So Steve Avery talked today. What was that like?
据我之前对他的了解 他喜欢说话
From what I've seen of him before, he likes to talk,
所以我认为他可能
so I think he probably
愿意上证人席说几句 可是
would've liked to be up on the stand, but,
你知道 这是不合常理的
you know, it's kind of counterintuitive.
如果他真是无辜的
If he's innocent,
那他就该去说点什么
he should go up on the stand and say, you know--
他没什么好隐瞒的
he has nothing to hide,
那他为什么不站出来呢 但是
so why isn't he up there? But,
-是啊 -麦克 他说自己是无辜的时候
- Yeah. - Mike, what was going through your mind
你有什么想法
when he said he was an innocent man?
和这十六个月来我一直在想的是一样
Um, same thing that's been going through my mind for 16 months.
我听到他说的全是"这不是事实"
Everything I've heard him say hasn't been the truth.
今天也不例外
No different today.
你知道 在我看来
You know, I think that he thinks
他觉得自己之前被释放过
he's been let out of prison once,
就以为同样的事可能再次发生 但是
he thinks it's probably gonna happen again. But,
我不认为 我不那么认为
I don't think, uh... I don't think so.
由于没有更多证人 双方有两天时间准备结案陈词
好 就是这样 证据就这些
All right, so that's it. That's the evidence.
现在怎么办
Now what?
我们就说呗
Well, now we argue it.
你知道 总的来说
And, uh, you know, you guys will have the day off tomorrow,
你们明天可以休息了
by and large, yeah.
有几件事我们得谈谈
Let's talk about a couple of things.
最开始史蒂文有六项罪名
You guys started with six counts against Steve.
现在只剩下三项了
We're down to three counts.
这是好消息
That's the good news.
坏消息是
The bad news is,
只要罪名一无法撤销 就前功尽弃了
if we lose count one, nothing else matters.
-是的 -前功尽弃
- No. - Nothing else matters.
我们只要输掉罪名一
If we lose count one,
他就得在监狱度过余生了
he's going to prison for the rest of his life.
除非赢得上诉 或者
Barring winning on appeal or,
之后检测出EDTA
you know, testing of the EDTA later,
但只要罪名一无法撤销 那判决就是终身监禁
but the sentence will be life in prison if we lose count one.
剧集 | 制造杀人犯(2015) | 导航列表