剧集 | 制造杀人犯(2015) | 导航列表
And when the jury has to put this whole puzzle together,
类似莱斯莉·埃森博格这种专家提出的见解
the expert opinions by people like Leslie Eisenberg
会一直伴随着陪审员
should all go a long way towards
直到他们最后裁决
them making their final conclusion
到底是谁造成了特瑞莎·海尔贝克的死亡
as to who it was who caused the death of Teresa Halbach.
我请维格特警探把237号♥证物交给你
I would ask if Detective Wiegert would bring you exhibit 237.
你能否辨识出
And can you identify that exhibit
雪莉·卡亨
DNA技术组组长
威斯康星州罪证鉴定室
在你面前的证物 卡亨小姐
that's in front of you, Ms. Culhane?
可以
Yes.
这是罪证鉴定室物品代号♥"FL"
This is crime lab item designation "FL",
它是个铅制子弹碎片
and it is a lead bullet fragment.
你是如何处理这个子弹的
And how did you process that bullet?
为了提取子弹上
In order to remove any residual DNA
任何可能残留的DNA
that might have been on the bullet,
我将它清洗了
I washed it.
我把它放在装有
I put it in a test tube and washed it
用于提取DNA的缓冲液的试管中清洗
with some buffer that we use to extract the DNA.
我接下来的操作都是用这个溶液进行的
And the liquid is what I performed the rest of my procedure on.
你是否从该清洗子弹的溶液中提取到了
And were you able to develop a DNA profile from that washing
-一组DNA图谱 -是的
- on item fl, the bullet? - Yes.
依你所见解
Do you have an opinion
基于合理程度的科学常识
to a reasonable degree of scientific certainty
特瑞莎·海尔贝克就是代号♥FL的证物
whether Teresa Halbach is the source of the DNA
即子弹的DNA来源
on item FL, the bullet?
是 我认为她是子弹上的DNA来源
Yes. I believe she is the source of the DNA on the bullet.
那我请问你
Um... Let me ask you...
这个匹配结果与你先前
Did this match differ in any way
采集的匹配结果有任何不同吗
from the previous matches that you culled?
是的 有所不同
Yes, it did.
你能否向陪审团解释是什么呢
And could you explain to the jury what happened?
当我们开始提取DNA
When we begin the extraction,
我们会先准备一个操纵对照组
we begin what's called a manipulation control.
基本上就是阴性空白的对照组
And it's basically a negative blank control.
这能帮助我们监控是否有任何DNA
And it helps us monitor if any unintentional DNA
被无意间误带入样本中
is introduced into the sample.
提取过程中
During the extraction procedure,
我不小心将自己的DNA带入了阴性对照组
I inadvertently introduced my own DNA into the negative control.
这对你判读鉴识结果有无任何影响
Did that have any impact on your interpretation of your results?
它影响判断的程度不及
It did not have any impact as far as
证物采样上的图谱来的大
the profile from the evidence sample.
就只是我将自己的DNA
It's just the fact that I introduced my
带入了操纵对照组而已
own DNA into the manipulation control.
那么你认为你的DNA图谱是如何被带入对照组的
And how do you think your DNA profile got into that control?
我想我的DNA是在提取的过程中
I believe my DNA profile was introduced
我正在说话时带入的
during the extraction procedure when I was talking.
当时我正在训练两位新进分♥析♥师
I was training two newer analysts.
所以我一边操作
So I was explaining to them what
一边向他们解释
I was doing as I was setting it up.
显然 我以为我距离
And apparently-- I felt as if I was
我的工作台够远
far enough away from my work bench
不会把自己的DNA带入 但显然我错了
not to introduce my DNA, but apparently I was incorrect.
设计这个操纵对照组
That manipulation control is designed
-是用来纠错的 -对
- to catch a mistake that was made. - Correct.
但这是否代表
So does that mean though that
子弹碎片本身也有可能会出错
a mistake couldn't have been made with the fragment itself?
-这是我的疑问 -不 不
- that's what I'm-- that's my question. - No. No...
诺姆·加恩
特别检察官
-这项鉴证... -我意思是
- The testing-- - I mean, are you--
-你能确定没有问题吗 -是的
- Do you feel you cleared that up then? - Yes.
对 我认为毫无疑问地
Yes, I think it's clear that the profile
子弹上的DNA图谱是特瑞莎·海尔贝克的
on the bullet was Teresa Halbach's.
而污染这个事件
And the fact there was the contamination
以及雪莉·卡亨的DNA出现在对照组
and Sherry Culhane's DNA profile was in the control
与子弹上的DNA图谱并无关联
had nothing to do with the DNA profile on the bullet.
我没有表达准确 抱歉
I'm not wording this properly. I'm sorry.
我的意思是 特瑞莎的DNA
I mean, that Teresa's DNA couldn't have
有没有可能通过某种方式在实验室中沾了上去
somehow just gotten swabbed on there in the lab.
你懂的我的意思吗 沾到了子弹碎片上
Do you do understand what I'm saying? On the fragment.
-这个错误... -没有
- You know, that that mistake made-- - No.
没有 没有犯这个错误
No, that mistake was not made.
我懂的你意思 这个错误并未发生
I know what you're saying. That mistake was not made.
去年三月 顺带一提
When we argued, by the way, in last March
我们提出动议表明
and filed a motion and said,
"我们要求公平的鉴证
"We want fair forensic testing.
我们别无他求 只希望能派人到现场观看"
All we want is someone to be there to observe this."
他们反对
They opposed it.
他们说 "不行 我们不想任何人去...
They said, "No. We don't want anybody on--
这样会大幅增加污染的可能性"
Oh, there's so much more potential for contamination."
他们是这样说的
That's what they said.
说我们的人员到场会带来污染的风险
That our person being there would be more risk of contamination
然后她自己污染了
when she's contaminated it herself.
而且将鉴证的采样用尽 导致我们无法重新检验
And used it all up so that we can't retest it.
这是个需要关注的地方
You know, that's a concern.
杰瑞 我打断一下
Jerry, let me get this straight.
你的意思是 海尔贝克的DNA
So you're saying that Halbach's DNA
可能跑到这次的子弹鉴证中
may have wound up on this bullet test
因为她的DNA可能早就在试管中了
because the DNA may have already been in a test tube?
DNA具有极高的敏感度
The DNA... is so sensitive that
污染记录可以证实
these contamination logs prove
它们甚至可以受到
that they get contamination from cases
完全不相干的案件的污染
that aren't even in front of 'em.
这些案件已经结案归档和锁上 处理完毕了
Cases that are put away, locked up, done with,
突然之间 你瞧 中奖了
lo and behold, all of a sudden, bingo...
他们匹配到了其他人的DNA图谱
They get someone else's profile.
它是从哪来的
Where does that come from?
他们不知道
They don't know.
她自己的DNA是如何跑到对照组中的
Where did her DNA come from in that contaminated control?
她不知道
She doesn't know.
一开始她说是"说话" 后来又改口是"处理"
First she says "talking." Then she says "handling."
他们也不确定
They don't really know.
他们只知道她就是来源
All they know is she's the source,
却不清楚是怎么来的
but they don't know how it got there.
同样地 如果你去翻查这些记录
And that's the same thing-- if you go through these logs,
你会发现有多少次这些错误出现
you'll see how many times these errors come up
然而他们没法解释是怎么发生的
and they really can't tell you how it got on there.
换句话说 如果你不知道
So in other words, if you don't
卡亨的DNA是从哪里来的
know where Culhane's DNA came from,
你就不知道海尔贝克的DNA是从哪里来的
you might not know where Halbach's DNA came from.
没错 记住这一点
That's right. Yeah, remember now,
这枚子弹甚至不是在十一月被发现的
this bullet wasn't even found in November.
从一开始它就是在
This bullet was found under suspicious
可疑的情形下找到的
circumstances to begin with.
她在做完所有
So she's testing it
其它检测的四个月后
four months after all the other...
才开始检测子弹
after she does all these other tests.
由于某种原因
For some reason she still has the
她仍有从其他检测中获得的证据
evidence from those other tests.
就在她的办公桌上 工作台上
At her desk. At her bench.
我现在展示的是341号♥证物
I'm showing you exhibit 341.
这个表格眼熟吗
Does that look, uh-- does that form look familiar to you?
是的
Yes.
这个表格被称为案件通讯记录
This is something that's called a case communication record.
-对 -你要做的就是
- Yes. - And what you do is
接到他人来电之时
when you get a phone call from somebody,
将通话要点记录下来
you'll be jotting notes as to the gist of the conversation?
没错
That's correct.
-在此案中你也那样做了吗 -是的
- And did you do that in this case? - Yes.
表格顶端是你名字的首字母吗
Is that your initials at the top?
-是的 -好
- Yes. - All right.
剧集 | 制造杀人犯(2015) | 导航列表